Merger News

And once again and since then the wonderfull TWU (company union) "agreed" with the company for concessions, that's well over 20 years, now what happend in 1983?--which brings us to over 3 decades.

What concern of it is yours?

Reactions: 1 person
US employees are excited for tis merger for one reason: they get a substantial increase in pay that they have been promised for years. To claim other reasons is just not being honest with oneself.

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757

Reactions: 2 people
. Define substantial. Keep in mind you are dealing with American airlines.

The US pilots' MOU gives them about $1.6 billion in improvements over six years, for an average of $267 million per year. That's pretty substantial. The US FAs have a third TA that would cost US about $45 million a year for six years (don't know what the MOU adds to that). Those are the two groups that have been underpaid the most since 2005 relative to the industry, although all other workgroups will see increases as a result of the merger.

Show us how the other groups at US will get a raise?

Unless US settles the open contracts, comes to a transition agreement or a new joint cba, will that be the only way the US employees will get a raise.

The US pilots' MOU gives them about $1.6 billion in improvements over six years, for an average of $267 million per year. That's pretty substantial. The US FAs have a third TA that would cost US about $45 million a year for six years (don't know what the MOU adds to that). Those are the two groups that have been underpaid the most since 2005 relative to the industry, although all other workgroups will see increases as a result of the merger.

When you factor in Holidays, Vacation, sick time and benefits the US Mechs would probably be looking at a paycut. the only reason why they do not look as underpaid as the FAs and pilots is because the AA mechs are so underpaid.

Regardless of whose side the salary increases come on - or the promises thereof to be more accurate - the merger will deliver for employees only if the company succeeds in the marketplace.

Looks like Tommy boy is doing his best to prevent his job from going bye bye. What a tool. He needs to ride off into the sunset like yesterday. Same with any buffoon on the BOD that thinks he needs to stay. I guess they also think the employees should be damned. This place will experience a melt down if AMR exits BK with ToHo in charge.

Promise? About the melt down, that is? The last time that happened, we got bonus miles.

My guess is that 95% of the employees wouldn't notice a difference regardless who is in what office.

Promise? About the melt down, that is? The last time that happened, we got bonus miles.

My guess is that 95% of the employees wouldn't notice a difference regardless who is in what office.

I disagree , as an employee of us air , I can say that It is an awesome feeling having the best managment in the airline biz at the helm . Sept 11th , the sky rocketting oil prices , then the economic meltdown all handled well by parker .

The employees of AA are going to NEED new leadership ,its not enough to simply issue orders and expect them to be done , the workers must have faith or at the very least respect their managment if many of the hard and necessairy changes that need to occur at AA are going to happen.

Reactions: 3 people
Why people don't understand that the employees have to have faith, confidence and believe in the leadership for any company to survive, grow and prosper is beyond me. E, if it takes a melt down and bonus miles for you to get rid of the morons running AA, then sure. We both end up happy. It's the BOD that should be fired at the same time if that happens again. Personally, if it starts to become a reality that AA could emerge as a stand alone, there will be another summit in DFW with the union leaders, the BOD and congressmen again ala 2003. Nobody is willing to let AA go down because of the stupid CEO's overinflated ego. I promise the unions will be trumpeting future problems to the correct people if that even remotely looks like a possible outcome for AA.

Mr. Parker has continued to say our current airline has a competitive disadvantage due to the fact that we can not generate the amount of revenues of the big 3, therefore it limits what we can receive as compensation. After the merger he says we will have a network that can generate greater revenues which would allow greater increases. Makes sense to me.

Reactions: 2 people
I disagree , as an employee of us air , I can say that It is an awesome feeling having the best managment in the airline biz at the helm . Sept 11th , the sky rocketting oil prices , then the economic meltdown all handled well by parker .

The employees of AA are going to NEED new leadership ,its not enough to simply issue orders and expect them to be done , the workers must have faith or at the very least respect their managment if many of the hard and necessairy changes that need to occur at AA are going to happen.
can I just give you a little word of advise?

If you and other US people approach AA people as if US is the salvation they have been waiting for and YOUR mgmt. will do for them what they could not possibly have done for themselves, I can GUARANTEE you that you will alienate them and create enormous divisions that will take years to deal.

I would suggest that you recognize that AA has a very proud history and did a whole lot of things right.

It will not take long for reality to sink in that AA is the conquered airline even if the AA name lives on.

There are plenty of people on this forum who can tell you how painful it is to have had their company conquered by another.

Don't make the job of building a unified airline any harder than it already will be.

BTW, your loyalty is commendable but there is abundant evidence that other airlines did a far better job of navigating 9/11 and the past decade of restructuring as measured by jobs lost, percent of pay cut, hubs closed.....

Latest posts