Merger News

While I will also give plenty of credit to Parker for keeping the ship afloat, I won't go as far as giving him the best in the business award. He has done a good job working with the limited resources that he has had.

lol you make it sound like AA is going away forever .

You know it was parker who acquired US Airways and in all of my VERY heated exchanges with the other half of my company I don't ever recall reminding them that "we bought you !" Besides if I had said such a thing they wouldn't have paid any attention to that fact anyways ....

Furthermore many of those who have come out here from the east coast are now my buddies who I get along with quite well .

Don't think of this merger in adversarial terms but as a new better future with more friends !

Reactions: 1 person
While I will also give plenty of credit to Parker for keeping the ship afloat, I won't go as far as giving him the best in the business award. He has done a good job working with the limited resources that he has had.

Limited resources? You keep infering how US is superior to all else. CLT/PHL/PHX are excellent top markets, US has the epitome of modern aircraft and excellent customer service with a great reputation. You can't be serious...

Josh

lol you make it sound like AA is going away forever .
for some of those who have worked at AA their entire career, AA will die the minute the merger takes place and their mgmt. team is the one that survives.
Moving the HDQ from Tempe to Ft. Worth won't change the fact that AA, for better or for worse, will be swallowed by a smaller company.

The implications of that will become obvious to those who don't see it now.

freedom you seem to forget that hp too was on the verge of going out the door too. yes it was parker who took the helm after the merger... lets not forget that thousands upon thousands of us employees got royally screwed and shoved out the door and but it was bruce lakefield who led the airline into ch 11 the 2nd time to fix what needed and as i had heard rumors he did not want to take from labor but i could be wrong on that... as for the merger with aa whether or not its good its up to the investors about getting the most in return... and as from my reading from www.justplanenews.com a lot of articles continue to state that a merger btwn us and aa is good for both airlines.. to better compete with ual and dal otherwise both airlines wouldnt be able to compete effectively esp in just a few yrs time

Limited resources? You keep infering how US is superior to all else. CLT/PHL/PHX are excellent top markets, US has the epitome of modern aircraft and excellent customer service with a great reputation. You can't be serious...

Josh
Go away jackass, don't you have to invest someone else's money? If you actually had the slightest clue about the industry, you would know what I meant. Given who you are, (nobody), I'm not even going to explain it for you Bailout Boy. Who is your company again Joshie?

Reactions: 2 people
Parker didnt not raise the money nor came up with the idea of the merger.

That would be Lakefield and John Lutz of Seabury and Associates, he raised the money, and he was working for US Airways, not America West

Parker didnt not raise the money nor came up with the idea of the merger.

That would be Lakefield and John Lutz of Seabury and Associates, he raised the money, and he was working for US Airways, not America West

and about 3/4 entities including Aibus, Air wisconson. GE, Republic.......................
Again there are those who only want to believe what they want. He probably never researched how it went down at a basketball game and a telephone call from Air Canada....

DP is his Savior

did parker take the helm after the completion of the merger... i knew lakefield helpd but couldnt remember who financed it besides airbus and air canada and air wisconsin thanks for the info

did parker take the helm after the completion of the merger... i knew lakefield helpd but couldnt remember who financed it besides airbus and air canada and air wisconsin thanks for the info

yes he did
Remember US gave some the E190 to republic as compensation for their help in the financing $100 mil

The merger plan was proposed by Lakefield, he contacted Parker, and Seabury and Associates who worked for US Airways raised the money.

Parker didnt take over until the emergence from Chapter 11.

I had a nice exchange (sarcasm) with Lakefield at DCA the day when our CBA was abrogated, very interesting.

US sold some 190s to RP, but nothing to do with their investment in US, that happened after.

Correct, the sale of the 190's wasn't until late 2009 I believe. Interesting that some of them are coming back. To date I think that 2 are back in service, 965 & 968.