Merger News

Heard through the grapevine that Tommy Boy Horton is in the HDQ building right now, burning the weekend-midnight oil

His first job, though, will be to squelch that godawful new AA paint job. Please, Mr. DP. Please!

Here, here. Can't happen fast enough. They are under some dillusion that people actually like it. Claim nobody has complained to them that it sux big time. Just saw a new commercial on History channel and almost fell off my chair it was so damn bad!!!

Reactions: 1 person
What the hell was Horton thinking?

The aircraft should be some combination of red, white, and blue and feature the AA eagle logo and I believe it will.

His ego was thinking I need to leave a lasting impression of my short time as CEO. Too bad the impression is that he is a damn moron who is apparantly color blind and devoid of one ounce of taste! Good riddance, he can't be tossed out on his butt fast enough. Even to this day he is slowing the inevitable merger. So much for doing what was good for AA and it's employees. LIAR!!!

i like the new scheme well enough. I just dont like it as much as the current livery. Also, things always look bad at first. I'm wondering what's wrong with a ribbon along the fuselage.

The AMR board wants to meet in person rather than have a telephone conference, and the US Airways board would take its vote after the AMR board does, AP reported.​

This merger thing is going smooth already :blush:, just wait until the pilots get ahold of it. Look how good it's going at USair, 7 years later!!!

It's not too late to merge with two good airlines and have one HUGE good airline!!!!!!! Jetblue and Alaskan !!!!

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/airlines/20130210-report-americanairlines-parent-amr-corp.-us-airways-delay-meeting-on-merger.ece

The AMR board wants to meet in person rather than have a telephone conference, and the US Airways board would take its vote after the AMR board does, AP reported.​

This merger thing is going smooth already :blush:, just wait until the pilots get ahold of it. Look how good it's going at USair, 7 years later!!!

It's not too late to merge with two good airlines and have one HUGE good airline!!!!!!! Jetblue and Alaskan !!!!

http://www.dallasnew...g-on-merger.ece

Except that Jet Blue and Alaska don't want mergers.

http://www.dallasnew...g-on-merger.ece

How 'bout we have a number of small to medium sized airlines that actually spur competition and innovation and service?

Alaska doesn't want to merge with anyone and besides, its strengths would add very little to where AA is weak except N/S up and down the west coast.

Alaska doesn't want to merge with anyone and besides, its strengths would add very little to where AA is weak except N/S up and down the west coast.

Yes, I think Alaska runs a pretty tight ship and have no interest merging with anyone. I had a meeting with a senior VP at Alaska back in the summer. Wow, talk about stark, I couldn't believe how simple their reception area was at their head office in SEA. When I sat with the senior VP, I was asked if I wanted some water, I watched as the VP reached over to a case of 24 water bottles on the floor and handed me one.

Their mantra was all about cost containment and I did have to respect that based on what I witnessed.

Latest posts