Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I do not know if you may be a history buff Insp4, however the accurate date of the Genuine celebration this time of year is tomorrow 12/21, that being the date of the winter solstice. Gift giving, pine/fir tree decorating, burning of the Yule log (a very, very large log), and back then as today, much 'imbibing' . I've searched relentlessly, history books, the Bible, for Years but to no avail, that a man named Jesus was born on 12/25. There IS much factual history to be read about Jesus, however Nothing, absolutely nothing about Christ 'MAS' !

I do not know if you may be a history buff Insp4, however the accurate date of the Genuine celebration this time of year is tomorrow 12/21, that being the date of the winter solstice. Gift giving, pine/fir tree decorating, burning of the Yule log (a very, very large log), and back then as today, much 'imbibing' . I've searched relentlessly, history books, the Bible, for Years but to no avail, that a man named Jesus was born on 12/25. There IS much factual history to be read about Jesus, however Nothing, absolutely nothing about Christ 'MAS' !
You are correct in that 12/25 has never been proven as Christ's birth. Some even speculate that it may not even have been in December........ But really, what difference does it really make? We are celebrating our Lords birth, and the precise time of year is irrelevant! From what I've read, the reason we are celebrating now is that the early church wanted to substitute a Christian holiday for that of the pagan rituals celebrated during the winter solstice, as you pointed out. Christmas trees, and Yule logs, are carry overs from those pagan rituals. That doesn't make the season less joyous!

Last edited:
images-11.jpeg

Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas
and a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Sharon

Reactions: Insp4

MeRrY cHrIsTmAs KrIs!

I really haven't watched much football in the past years, but this kid has me watching - he's fun to watch. What's refreshing about this kid is that he is so smooth and lacks an ego...totally opposite of "Johnny Football".
Too bad K.C. doesn't have a defense! If so, they could go all the way. But if they keep playing the way they have last couple games, I don't see it!