Mesa Consistency

Hello Newman

Senior
Aug 23, 2002
You gotta give Mesa credit. They're consistent all right. Consistently BAD, doesn't matter time of year or nothing. At least at a peak holiday period they should make
an extra effort to operate flights and have crews in place but no, that would make too much sense. Despite the heavy Xmas traffic, the mtc cancellations and crew shortages continue to occur. They didn't know Xmas was coming? They didn't know that crews
run out of time late in the month? And when their FA's dont show up..isn't there any disciplinary action? As one CHPR said to me " I stuck with you guys cause you always took care of me but I've had it with PHL and I've had it with MESA, I hate to say it
but I'm gonna have to fly someone else from now on". Seems he got cancelled once too often.....Are you listening Mr. Lakefield?

NEWS FLASH!

I don't know where you have been the last 2 years, but let me get you up to speed! US Airways doesn't give a hoot about service! There you go, thats it in a nut shell! Our motto "Fly US Airways, Cause it sometimes can beat driving"!

WSurf said:
NEWS FLASH!

I don't know where you have been the last 2 years, but let me get you up to speed! US Airways doesn't give a hoot about service! There you go, thats it in a nut shell! Our motto "Fly US Airways, Cause it sometimes can beat driving"!
[post="231782"][/post]​
[/quo

THAT'S JUST IT....MESA IS TANGIBLE PROOF OF OUR DESIRE TO BE THE "AIRLINE OF NO ONE'S CHOICE'"

Talk about calling the kettle black - just look at U's performance over the holiday. I know, I know its managements fault - your right, mgt hired all the losers that "sicked out" over the weekend. Its amazing how the bug hits the same time every year.

exagony said:
By the way I think Mesa s#cks - U's not too far behind though!
[post="232126"][/post]​

THE POINT IM TRYING TO MAKE WITH THIS MESSAGE IS AS FOLLOWS, MESA IS THE CAUSE OF 25%-50% OF USAIRWAYS PROBLEMS. SEIGEL JUST DUMPED ALL KINDS OF MAINLINE ROUTES ON THEM AND THEY'VE GOT MORE THAN THEY CAN HANDLE. THAT'S WHY A MESA INBOUND FLIGHT IS 90MINS LATE WITH THE DELAY CODE =LAH=. IT SHOULD REALLY BE "SEVERE STUPIDITY AFFECTING A PRIOR FLIGHT" '

Hello Newman said:
You gotta give Mesa credit. They're consistent all right. Consistently BAD, doesn't matter time of year or nothing. At least at a peak holiday period they should make
an extra effort to operate flights and have crews in place but no, that would make too much sense. Despite the heavy Xmas traffic, the mtc cancellations and crew shortages continue to occur. They didn't know Xmas was coming? They didn't know that crews
run out of time late in the month? And when their FA's dont show up..isn't there any disciplinary action? As one CHPR said to me " I stuck with you guys cause you always took care of me but I've had it with PHL and I've had it with MESA, I hate to say it
but I'm gonna have to fly someone else from now on". Seems he got cancelled once too often.....Are you listening Mr. Lakefield?
[post="231620"][/post]​

I am starting to see a trend with U employees. It's everyone else's faults. Mesa is 25-50% at fault for U's problems? ARE YOU KIDDING ME YOU FOOL!

First, take a good look at all of the WO regionals. All of them suck a$$. All have as many delays and cx flights as Mesa.

Second, many of Mesa's problems (mostly in PHL) are because of the crap operation the U runs. Let me see. (Last week)

1. Last week (can’t remember the day) we had massive delays and cx'd flights due to the "great fuel shortage" In a nut shell, U didn't have enough fuelers and so planes had to wait at the gates for hours to get gas. This tied up all the incoming flights who needed to get into those gates. This just snowballed through out the day as U did nothing to solve the problem. Of course this is Mesa fault for a delayed flight right?

2.I had a flight on the 22nd that left the gate an hour late because at departure time we had everyone on board but NO, as in zero bags on board. We called and called but they kept saying they couldn't find the bags. Then they show up and we can't get any ramper to load the bags. This was at 9am. This plane ran late all day. Mesa's fault?

3.On the 23rd we were going to YOW. We had all 50 people on board at departure time when the gate agent comes to us and say that they had "forgotten to get the international paper work" She said it would take 10 minutes. An hour and a half later we got the paper work. This plane ran late the rest of the day. Mesa's fault?

I could go one for ever. I am sure that passengers on these flights and all the later flights were pissed at Mesa because there flight was late. The problem is most of the time is ISN'T Mesa fault.

Mesa has many issues. No doubt. The fact is most of the problems I see start and end with U and the crap operation they run in PHL. Mesa takes the majority of the blame because we are the largert carrier with the most flights and because we are easy pray. Funny how last month Mesa ran 99.3% completion rates for AW and United (same or batter them mainline U by the way) while we were only around 98% at U. Hmmmmm. I Wonder why?

As for crews timing out. The one, two and three hr delays caused by the (U)seless workers hired and paid by U are the main reason for the crews timing out. That and U's fantastic idea of growing PHL as the main connecting hub for the northeast. Of course that must be Mesa's fault too, right jack a$$.

U will be gone soon so (this month is my guess) none of this matters anyway. Of course you think that is Mesa's fault too. -Cape

Well Said!

Capecod said:
I am starting to see a trend with U employees. It's everyone else's faults. Mesa is 25-50% at fault for U's problems? ARE YOU KIDDING ME YOU FOOL!

First, take a good look at all of the WO regionals. All of them suck a$$. All have as many delays and cx flights as Mesa.

Second, many of Mesa's problems (mostly in PHL) are because of the crap operation the U runs. Let me see. (Last week)

1. Last week (can’t remember the day) we had massive delays and cx'd flights due to the "great fuel shortage" In a nut shell, U didn't have enough fuelers and so planes had to wait at the gates for hours to get gas. This tied up all the incoming flights who needed to get into those gates. This just snowballed through out the day as U did nothing to solve the problem. Of course this is Mesa fault for a delayed flight right?

2.I had a flight on the 22nd that left the gate an hour late because at departure time we had everyone on board but NO, as in zero bags on board. We called and called but they kept saying they couldn't find the bags. Then they show up and we can't get any ramper to load the bags. This was at 9am. This plane ran late all day. Mesa's fault?

3.On the 23rd we were going to YOW. We had all 50 people on board at departure time when the gate agent comes to us and say that they had "forgotten to get the international paper work" She said it would take 10 minutes. An hour and a half later we got the paper work. This plane ran late the rest of the day. Mesa's fault?

I could go one for ever. I am sure that passengers on these flights and all the later flights were pissed at Mesa because there flight was late. The problem is most of the time is ISN'T Mesa fault.

Mesa has many issues. No doubt. The fact is most of the problems I see start and end with U and the crap operation they run in PHL. Mesa takes the majority of the blame because we are the largert carrier with the most flights and because we are easy pray. Funny how last month Mesa ran 99.3% completion rates for AW and United (same or batter them mainline U by the way) while we were only around 98% at U. Hmmmmm. I Wonder why?

As for crews timing out. The one, two and three hr delays caused by the (U)seless workers hired and paid by U are the main reason for the crews timing out. That and U's fantastic idea of growing PHL as the main connecting hub for the northeast. Of course that must be Mesa's fault too, right jack a$$.

U will be gone soon so (this month is my guess) none of this matters anyway. Of course you think that is Mesa's fault too. -Cape
[post="232365"][/post]​

Capecod said:

1. Last week (can?t remember the day) we had massive delays and cx'd flights due to the "great fuel shortage" In a nut shell, U didn't have enough fuelers and so planes had to wait at the gates for hours to get gas. This tied up all the incoming flights who needed to get into those gates. This just snowballed through out the day as U did nothing to solve the problem. Of course this is Mesa fault for a delayed flight right?

[post="232365"][/post]​

YOU EVIDENTLY DONT HAVE THE EXPERIENCE WITH MESA THAT I HAVE SO DON'T PASS JUDGEMENT ON ME. IF YOU HAVE REALLY EXPERIENCED ALL THESE PROBLEMS YOU MENTION TAKE IT UP WITH U'S MANAGEMENT

While I will admit Mesa has its problems, do you have PSA at your station? They are 10 times worse then Mesa. Hopefully with the skd change in February we will only have 1 PSA flight and the rest Mesa. We welcome the change.

Back