Mesa Employees: Fly for free for $50?

ChockJockey

Veteran
Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
I overheard a Mesa (US Express) ramp employee talking to of few mainline guys today, asking them if mainline employees had to pay a...charge/fee in order to use their flight benefits, as Mesa is apparently requiring of its employees now. He said it was something to the tune of $50 for the employee and $25 for each parent just to be able to keep/have the flight benefits.

Not only that but he said that this charge had to be paid by the end of the month. :blink: Sounds like YV is desperate for cash. I mean, I always thought that flight benefits were the only reason people would work for Mesa anyways, it ain't for the $7.50/hr...

Can anyone confirm or add more info?

I overheard a Mesa (US Express) ramp employee talking to of few mainline guys today, asking them if mainline employees had to pay a...charge/fee in order to use their flight benefits, as Mesa is apparently requiring of its employees now. He said it was something to the tune of $50 for the employee and $25 for each parent just to be able to keep/have the flight benefits.

Not only that but he said that this charge had to be paid by the end of the month. :blink: Sounds like YV is desperate for cash. I mean, I always thought that flight benefits were the only reason people would work for Mesa anyways, it ain't for the $7.50/hr...

Can anyone confirm or add more info?

We use to have a yearly fee at Mainline USAirways, then it changed to no fee, now there is a fee for parents per flight.

Considering this is Jan. it sounds like Mesa changed the rules for non-rev at the start of the year. They should have payroll deducted it IMO.

We use to have a yearly fee at Mainline USAirways, then it changed to no fee, now there is a fee for parents per flight.

Considering this is Jan. it sounds like Mesa changed the rules for non-rev at the start of the year. They should have payroll deducted it IMO.

Delta does this as well...no surprise...I just talked to a friend at Pass Bureau...
apparently it's $50 for Mesa Flights/US Airways
Then United want's their service charges...
Delta wants an additional $100 for Nonrev Travel...

Insane...

I would much rather pay an annual fee, and then get free unlimited travel for everyone ..including parents & travel companions/domestic partners. No imputed income tax or anything.