Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
So what is the story in mia.

Are there more openings coming in mia.

How often do you bid?

Do you have fixed or rotating days off.

Anything of interest in mia.

How is the iaw program working there?

I don't know the answers to his questions in Maintenance actually.

Give AMFAinMIAMI a call if you have his number?

MIA should run the transfer list before the RIF,  so the DFW attitude doesn't infect what seems to be a good station.

Reactions: 1 person
the DFW mechs couldn't get the 777 b check done in DFW, who thinks those same mechs can get it done in Mia ?

Duke787 said:
the DFW mechs couldn't get the 777 b check done in DFW, who thinks those same mechs can get it done in Mia ?
that would be priceless. DFW guys winding up in MIA...

Duke787 said:
We have a verry good management team in MIA, that everyone one likes to work for. I'm sure the AMT's here from DFW will do a good job here too.

MetalMover said:
that would be priceless. DFW guys winding up in MIA...
What would be priceless, is for DFW guys to be sent to NY or Chicago someplace cold and expensive with a state tax.

chellow said:
We have a verry good management team in MIA, that everyone one likes to work for. I'm sure the AMT's here from DFW will do a good job here too.
That's a nice thought, but you know the type of cancer that can grow from a group that feel they are entitled. Just my cynical view of a group of mechs that has it better then everybody else, low cost of living, and no state tax with mild weather conditions, biggest station, OT whenever wanted, but messes with daily operation for whatever reason. They'll learn the hard way they're entitled to nothing, and management will do what's necessary to make operation work.

Reactions: 2 people
Duke787 said:
That's a nice thought, but you know the type of cancer that can grow from a group that feel they are entitled. Just my cynical view of a group of mechs that has it better then everybody else, low cost of living, and no state tax with mild weather conditions, biggest station, OT whenever wanted, but messes with daily operation for whatever reason. They'll learn the hard way they're entitled to nothing, and management will do what's necessary to make operation work.

Duke787

Sounds as though your not part of Our class and craft and maybe not even a aa employee.

Unless you work here at AA or in maintenance and have had to live with the contracts we have you need to rethink your opinion.

At one point any union group whether it be one station or even a shift at a station, needs to make a statement, MGMT just can't do what it wants we do have a signed contract no matter how good or bad.

NY over all the yrs I have been here was the station leading the fight but now it's DFW. 

Ord has its problems and soon they will come to MIA then what happens will be on the guys here.

Upper Mgmt will have had to change, and then the trouble will start, but until then the TWU Leadership is in the pockets of the MGMT. I heard this "we have a great working relationship with our mgmt team" This from the MIA TWU reps.. We don't have the problems at DFW or ORD thats your fight.

Most dislike the TWU but will stab you in the back for the O/T or deal offered to them. IGM is bad here.

DFW guys have come here and have fit in quite well, they are good workers. 

AMT's don't feel entitled they just want to be treated fair.

I am a mech that has lived under these contracts, but these are our contracts voted in by us (we know it's tul)

What are you talking about "fight" What's the fight, you go to work the company pays you, our union is suppose to represent us, but they don't. I hold the twu more responsible for our situation then the company.

The IGM will always be here, in 2003 ord turned down OT and field trips, DFW and Mia took all the OT and field trips it could handle. So that will never change. Plus you never beat the company. 777 a checks being done in South America. 767 mods done Alabama 777 c checks and more done in China. I see the DFW mechs as letting down TAESL. Where 300 plus mechs on list from AFW to DFW, if DFW wasn't so concerned of making a "point" there would be more work going to DFW not away, leaving AFW mechs in a learch if TAESL isn't kept around.

Of course there's bone headed managers but you compound the mechs on top management missteps, you have a 777 b check going to Miami where the mechs just want to make money.

Reactions: 3 people

Latest posts