Mid-Atlantic Airways

There are so many topics on Mid-Atlantic Airways and couldn't really tell if they are completely gone or not.

I know that MAA was going to take US to court (or so I thought) is that still happening?

From what I remember US has sold it's slots from DCA and LGA to republic and will have the option of buying them back after 2 years.

Is MAA still around? What routes do they still have if they are and are they still flighting? I hope you all are because what happened to you all is just wrong. Don't give up.

I tried to do a search but so much stuff came up I did not know where to begin. I suppose some of you could answer this fairly quickly.

Some of the MDA "division" folks could answer you more detailed questions about routes. But they're still around, just shrinking as planes transfer to Republic. As I recall, it'll be spring to early summer before all the 170's are transferred, and MDA will be operating till then.

Jim

I understand the company plans to take delivery of the 190s in November; however, MDA is soon to be no more (I think May) and LCC will have to be re-certified all over again, even though, we have the airplane and simulator on the property right now! How is that for cost savings and being an LCC?

Some of the MDA "division" folks could answer you more detailed questions about routes. But they're still around, just shrinking as planes transfer to Republic. As I recall, it'll be spring to early summer before all the 170's are transferred, and MDA will be operating till then.

Jim
The 170s go to Republic and all should be gone by June. When/if the 190s show it may be November we hear.

Thank you Jim,

Well if any of you MAA employees are on here I hope you don't mind me asking. Will all the E170's be going to Republic? And what about the E190's?

I really do wish you all luck and hope you all fight for your jobs.

And what about the E190's?

The "talk" at this time is that the EMB-190s will be flown by Mainline crews.

**Edited to remove double post only**

I understand the company plans to take delivery of the 190s in November; however, MDA is soon to be no more (I think May) and LCC will have to be re-certified all over again, even though, we have the airplane and simulator on the property right now! How is that for cost savings and being an LCC?
the faa has approved the gap in flying to keep the cert active.

You are correct on that mainline will fly the EMB-190s. It is my understanding though that US must still have one EMB-170 in operation when the 190 comes on board. Otherwise, proving runs etc. would have to be done to get the 190 certified. The 170 and 190 have common cockpits, galleys, doors, etc. I am not sure if this is true or just someones own idea. Anybody know this to be sure?

Never mind....I see the answer was given.

This is all very sad news :( And I am very sorry for what is happening to all of you. I had thought that you all were going to take US to court or something. But maybe I read wrong some where. This is not fair and I can see why so many of you are angry.

I wonder what is going to happen and what US will do when the 2 year period expires. They get the chance to buy back all their slots but I assume Republic will keep the airplanes. Maybe by that time there will be enough E190's to cover the market.

I am shocked there is not some kind of law to protect you all from this.

MAA's last day is May 28th. The pilots have received a letter stating that, but the Flight Attendants letters go out sometime next week.

Yes, 1-2 170's have to be maintained on property for delivery of the 190's. The 190's will fall under mainlines operation with mainline FA's working them.