Minimum Wage Law

700UW said:

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/26/one_of_the_most_popular_arguments_against_raising_the_minimum_wage_is_getting_demolished/

One of the most popular arguments against raising the minimum wage is getting demolished Critics of a $15 min. wage say that it will increase prices & put companies out of business. Only one problem...

Just a friendly reminder of how Salon is the biggest LWNJ blog there is,

Cg3r8a8UoAAJSbl.jpg

total garbage site worse than occupydemocrat I can't imagine anyone wasting their time looking at such trash embarrassing really 

Kev3188 said:
Yet TownPete cares enough to follow them on Twitter.
Weird...
I do. It is interesting to see what the other side aka "people like yourself" are howling about.

It's called being intellectually and factually informed.

Something you know nothing about,

cltrat said:
total garbage site worse than occupydemocrat I can't imagine anyone wasting their time looking at such trash embarrassing really 

Tell me about it.

They represent the looniest the left has to offer (basically your average Berntard supporter).

Even so much as the many articles they have written trying to normalize and rationalize pedophilia. 

delldude said:
Notice he doesn't mention the other side of the coin. You can raise prices to offset increased operating costs or you can eliminate workers salaries to accomplish the same result, and that's what is happening. Eliminating workers affects profits and customer satisfaction which leads to less sales and a slow death spiral.

And it is happening in Seattle.

Labor phasing itself out. welcome to the new progressive era. 

No mention at all, truth skimmers at work...lol

Why do you lobby to eliminate jobs?

We are looking at table ordering apps.
Buy a bunch of tablets with an ordering app. Bada Bing - Bada Boom... No more servers, just bussers.

I don't know how these hillbillies think that raising min wage 50% over 4 years will not have any affect on businesses large and small.
B) xUT

Reactions: 1 person
delldude said:
a $15 minimum wage won’t spell the end of the brand. However it will mean wiping out thousands of entry-level opportunities for people without many other options.

The $15 minimum wage demand, which translates to $30,000 a year for a full-time employee, is built upon a fundamental misunderstanding of a restaurant business such as McDonald’s”
In truth, nearly 90% of McDonald’s locations are independently-owned by franchisees who aren’t making “millions” in profit. Rather, they keep roughly six cents of each sales dollar after paying for food, staff costs, rent and other expenses.

“A typical franchisee sells about $2.6 million worth of burgers, fries, shakes and Happy Meals each year, leaving them with $156,000 in profit. If that franchisee has 15 part-time employees on staff earning minimum wage, a $15 hourly pay requirement eats up three-quarters of their profitability. (In reality, the costs will be much higher, as the company will have to fund raises further up the pay scale.) For some locations, a $15 minimum wage wipes out their entire profit.”

http://www.ijreview.com/2016/04/592194-former-mcdonalds-ceo-drops-hard-truths-on-what-15-minimum-wage-does-to-people-who-need-work/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=owned&utm_campaign=ods&utm_term=ijreview&utm_content=economy
Don't confuse people with the truth.

B) xUT

townpete said:
Just the typical libtard freakout over achievers vs non achievers.

They think that one who bust's their arse to become something, shouldn't reap the benefits that comes with it.

Because "fair share" blah blah garbage
More truth and more negatives.

I am noticing a pattern here.

:)

Reactions: 3 people
700UW said:
And how many of those things you listed receive government money?

Universities......check
Medical Care......check
Food......check
Shelter......check

Think that might have something to do with it? Do ya? DO YA?

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
Divide that by how many people are in the labor pool for those companies.

How much of a raise do you think they would get even if the CEO worked for free?
Walmart has over 1.4 MILLION employees.

The CEO according to your post makes $2704 dollars an hour.

Do the math showing how much more each employee would make if the CEO worked for free.

After you do this come back and tell us all how stupid your argument is.

Reactions: 2 people
I am going to LOVE hearing these fools that support this and are trapped in a UNION contract for the next 6 years howling when their standard of living goes down because minimum wage has gone up and all the businesses have raised their prices.

I can't wait to see the mad look on their stupid little faces if they get their way and discover they screwed themselves.

Not to mention the fact it makes American labor even less competitive in a global market hurting the overall economy.

Fools.

Reactions: 3 people

Latest posts