Money lost forever

Does LOA 93 have pay rates for new hires? How do those rates compare? I think marginal costs would be most important to the co. in a hiring environment. But isn't this really East's strategy?

You're flat-out joking I assume??? :lol:

"The West pilots have already given up too much in this merger."
Well..if you weren't intentionally joking...I still thank you for the laughs;)

Aren't you the guy who keeps giving people a hard time for not addressing the points?

West pilots have given up:
1) Growth.
2) Pass travel benefits.
3) Control of the flight ops department.
4) One year and counting of section 6 time.
5) Seniority in the Nicolau Award

East pilots have given up:
1) The unemployment line

Aren't you the guy who keeps giving people a hard time for not addressing the points?

West pilots have given up:
1) Growth.
2) Pass travel benefits.
3) Control of the flight ops department.
4) One year and counting of section 6 time.
5) Seniority in the Nicolau Award

East pilots have given up:
1) The unemployment line

Now that is match set point GAME!!!

well said!!!

AWA320,

As you have been told over-and-over again the vast majority of the East pilots would prefer to live under LOA 93 and prevent the Nicolau Award from being implemented than to agree to a joint contract and to have the Nicolau Award passed to the company. Why? They are better off economically, they keep their seniority, and they have an improved quality of life.

No I keep hearing YOU say it over and over however the pilots I fly between PHL and SAN do nothing but apologize for your behavior.

The rank-and-file has never had so much solidarity than they do over the Nicolau Award.

Yeah right you say,AGAIN

Finally, the US Airways ALPA Negotiating Committee is only permitted to negotiate per the folliwng resolution:

That resolution don't mean squat and you know it. If you think LOA 93 is so good then please stop begging for parity and writing resolutions begging for parity!!

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the US Airways MEC endorses the concept of equivalent contracts (separate contracts of comparable value for US Airways and America West pilots), with separate operations, and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that such separate operations are to be permanent in nature and include preemptive contract language to assure their continued application during any future merger involving both the US Airways and America West pilots, and

BE IT FINALLY RESOLVED that the US Airways MEC authorizes the US Airways members of the NC to pursue an equivalent contract utilizing all necessary ALPA resources, including the assistance of the Rice Committee.

Finally, if the AWA pilots want a pay raise I suggest two options: Open up Section 6 negotiations and/or work on a separate contract/separate operations agreement like the one now required by the East MEC.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I can't believe how quickly some of you east idiots grab onto crap like pay parity and separate operations out of desperation.

Think about it.

Do you honestly think Doug is going to run two separate airlines to make you whiny jerkoffs happy? Please. He made money running us separately and with a crap operation and knows he can make gobs more running as a combined ops.

Let's see how long you keep talking after September.

I'll be the first one to rub it in.

Grampy, you don't believe in that BS, do you?

Please say no.
:mf_boff:

We thought about it and you'll get over it in time.

Doug will choice the least expensive route and try to maintain the profits.

The East is the profit center as proven the last 6 quarters.

If running a combined operation was so important to them. Why did we not have a joint contract for almost 2 years?

We thought about it and you'll get over it in time.
Doug will choice the least expensive route and try to maintain the profits.

The East is the profit center as proven the last 6 quarters.

If running a combined operation was so important to them. Why did we not have a joint contract for almost 2 years?

Any Westies want to answer?

Any Westies want to answer?

Sure!! Because your MEC gave orders to your JNC to not travel for talks because they didn't have space pos travel benefits. Now this DUMB move caused the operation to crawl and often not move at all. Look cry, moan and blame the west all you want but you own reps hosed you not us!!!

Are you really that dense? Parker doesn't need a joint contract until there's a single certificate. I expected a little bit more out of a "seasoned" pilot.

Parker could have had a joint conttract any time he wanted, but he was dragging his feet for the obvious above reason. Now it looks like that decision might have bit him in butt, as getting a joint contract now seems extremely unlikely in the near future. Too bad for you.

Up until the first week in May, Doogies stance on the joint contract was "so what?" He said it (and it is on the video tape) at a pilot meeting in CLT several months back when asked why the company was not being more forthcoming inworking toward a joint contract. His response. "We ran the numbers and the financial gains to a combined pilot contract only amounts to about $10 million a year. So I am not in any hurry to spend a lot of money to recoup that small of a gain."

Doogie is LOVING the fact that we don't have a combined contract. The east pilots' willingness to stay with LOA 93 is saving him WAY, WAY more money than it is worth for him to put the two together. The company will NEVER attempt to force the issue.

Some on the west side hope you don't sign a new contract for years; the added expense would really cut into our profit sharing $$$$

You on the west side never should have gotten any of the profit sharing anyways----now more than ever you DO NOT deserve it as the East side is the only side making a profit.

You on the west side never should have gotten any of the profit sharing anyways----now more than ever you DO NOT deserve it as the East side is the only side making a profit.

Well maybe but only because we are PAID BETTER than you! You see, with LOA 93 being Commuter carrier rates then I can see how the east made a modest profit. The operation ran like crap and still the company made money from the east portion of the operation. Now go and add parity to the numbers and see what you come up with! Here let me help you it's a loss!!!

So in the end you did make the company more money but only because your're cheap...

You need to learn a little about quarterly statements and charges.

You folks over in the east are complete bufoons - desperate to hold onto whatever warped fact your little minds dream up.

Back