Moon Landing A Hoax?

Ryan

Advanced
May 13, 2003
Just saw an interesting show about whether the Apollo 11 moon landing was faked or not. Pretty good arguments for both sides. The videos raise some good questions though.
Such as, if there is no air on the moon why was the American flag blowing about as if wind were affecting it?
If the sun were the only source of light, why are NONE of the shadows parallel? Also, the moon lander doesn't have a crater under it. If it landed on soft sand as it did, the rocket used to slow it's approach would have made one for sure.
And why are no stars visible from the shots on the surface of the moon? With no atmosphere they should be brilliant and easy to see.
Another point to ponder is this. The Soviets didn't have the technology at the time of the early Apollo missions to track objects in deep space. But after the Apollo 17 moon landing they did. For some reason NASA scrubbed all further missions to the moon after that point. Why? Were they worried the Soviets would see for themselves that nothing was going to the moon and blow the whistle?

As for the proof that people did go to the moon, rocks brought back by both US and Soviets seems to be exact matches.... or so they say. ;)

Makes me wish I had a high-power telescope. I could point it at the Sea of Tranquility and see for myself if anything is there.

So what do you think, was the whole thing fake? Maybe just the footage was faked for good publicity.

Watched the show on TLC last nite and found it OK. Arguments on both sides but no definite proof as far as I'm concerned as to whether they did or didn't.

Some people have a little too much time on their hands or are really good at getting gov't funding for scientific research.

I beleive they did land on the moon......and that there was a shooter on the grassy knoll. ;)

Cheers

R

I too watched the show.

Maybe just the footage was faked for good publicity.

More likely it was done prior to going, just in case the footage from the moon wasn't useable. If they went all the way to the moon, and only brought back unusable pics, no-one would believe them.

As for the proof that people did go to the moon, rocks brought back by both US and Soviets seems to be exact matches.... or so they say.

Why would the Soviets lie about the composition of their moon samples ?? Had theirs been different than the ones the US brought back, they would have made sure everyone knew that the US landings were faked. They didn't, and agreed that the geologic composition of their samples were the same.

And why are no stars visible from the shots on the surface of the moon? With no atmosphere they should be brilliant and easy to see.

They did explain why on the show. Remember that there is no atmosphere on the moon, so the sky will be black. However, there is also nothing to mute the sun's rays. It would be incredibly bright on the moon, and the contrast extreme. Next full moon (next couple of nights) try and take a picture of it. Use an exposure of 1/250 f 8 (asa100), and see how many stars you get. The moon should be properly exposed, yet you won't see many stars.

Cheers

I believe your last sentence if on the money Ryan, they did land on the moon for sure, but did they have footage, kinda doubt it. They didn't have the technoloy to send live footage to earth to my knowledge, criminy sakes it has to be fake. I would have been so much less exciting to sit and watch some controllers talk to the astraunauts(sp) so think it was staged. Oh and they have the flag made so it would look like a flag rather than lying limp like 407's girls boobs.

I bought some land on the moon from these guys in California for my son. Hope he is able to enjoy it. If I remember right is was 15 buck for 10 acres or some stupid thing, good for amusement but that's it.

sc

want to hear another hoax??? It's not about the moon but, the dreaming that went on with this one might as well have been up there.

At HAI, apparently Bell sold a big handfull of helicopters. How preposterous is that? If anyone believes that kind of blatent outright lie, then this world is in for an early armegeddon. Sure they were able to find a handfull of homeless guys on the street, wash them, put on nice clothes on them, and call press conferences with these supposed "purchasers" signing multi million dollar contracts.

In the end all it cost them was a BBQ dinner and a cheap hat.

I too figure they did actually go to the moon. But I was thinking about what they used as proof of their landing....the moon rocks themselves. Some time far back in Earth's early history it was smashed by a massive asteroid. I'm not talking of the one that killed of the dinosaurs, I think this happened back when the Earth was still pretty much a big blob of molten goo.
Anyways, this huge asteroid slams into Earth and sends a vast amount of Earth's material into space. This material forms a ring around Earth, much like you see with Saturn. Over time this ring compacts into bigger and bigger bodies, untill all you have left is a small moon.
I just thought it was kind of ironic. Going all the way to the moon to grab some rocks, only to find out your moon rocks are really just very old Earth rocks.

Isn't that the same as being happy when you get your tax refund? Whose money was it in the first place <_<

Personally I think the whole moon landing was faked--by the Martians of course :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back