More Cranky Flyer news

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by jimntx, Nov 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimntx

jimntx Veteran

#1 jimntx, Nov 29, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    Not all totally bad. Just some up, some down some questionable

American Files January Schedule, Kills Some Small Cities For Good
    American’s January schedule is out, and it has seats cut a little over 48 percent. I didn’t see anything overly exciting in there at first blush, but there was excitement elsewhere. Remember those small cities that American has been cutting month by month? Well, it looks like it’s the end of the line for New Haven, Newburgh/Stewart, and Williamsport (PA). Those cities have been cut through the end of the schedule while the others remain. RIP.

Meanwhile, in the longer run, American appears to be building a spring break kind of schedule. Aspen has a bunch more flights, as do Belize and Liberia plus some Caribbean spots. For the summer, get ready for weekly Chicago to Fort Walton Beach and Pensacola flights, so that’s… exciting? Perhaps most interesting is a weekly Boston – Key West flight on an Embraer 175. Can someone explain to me how that airplane can get off the Key West runway and make it all that way?

2. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

That is interesting information.

Thank you for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

If you're not subscribing to Brett's daily email, you should give it a try at Crankyflyer.com

4. jimntx

jimntx Veteran

Thanks. That's what I thought I was doing. I was reading emails sent out by him.

5. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

I wasn't referring to you, Jim.

6. V.O. Reason

V.O. Reason Veteran

The bottom line here is after the 4th Q report comes out in Jan the next day more layoffs will be announced as the airlines losses mount.
    By mid year AA will be in bankruptcy and it most likely will take 2 years to emerge from it.
    2020 sucked but 2021 is just going to be downright ugly, and don’t even get me started on the disaster that Biden will be for this country

• Like Like x 1
  7. 1AA

1AA Veteran

Can you tell me next weeks powerball numbers while your on a roll? Geeeze....

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. dfw gen

dfw gen Veteran

Hate to say it, but i cant really argue with that prediction. Hope its wrong...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. dfw gen

dfw gen Veteran

Would ease my mind...

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. robbedagain

robbedagain Veteran

How would Biden be disaster to our nation when it already is with the pandemic and mounting job losses and the govt not doing a dam thing to help businesses airlines the American people??????? Otherwise I agree with you especially regarding CH11 bankruptcy which I think could come just prior to our raises due in March

11. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

It's a safe bet that Joe Biden's America won't be good for business.

He can't raise taxes without Congress, but there's a whole lot of damage that will be possible via administrative actions.

Recommitting the US to the Paris Climate Accords is bad for airlines in the long run...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

It's early, but Wall St. seems to like a Biden presidency.

As for CrankyFlier, I'll second E & Jim here; his posts are a great read, and packed with a lot of good info. He's been focusing quite a bit on route adds/drops lately.

13. swamt

swamt Veteran

Read this article this morning. Seems there are more and more Dems speaking up on how Pelosi and crews are being ridiculously stubborn on their all or nothing attitudes. If Pelosi and crew keep it up she WILL NOT win the speakers seat again. AOC will take it from her, or someone AOC wants to be speaker. If no aid is done by end of year Pelosi an Shummer will be the ones to blame...

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/mcconnell-cranks-heat-pelosi-says-023705595.html

14. Eagle

Eagle Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Hopping on here quick to remind everyone to please stay on topic. There are other places on this site to discuss politics.

Thank you in advance.

• Winner Winner x 3
  15. V.O. Reason

V.O. Reason Veteran

Stock market rise is being effected by tech and big pharma stocks which love Biden and supported him.
    Once and if his tax policies happen the market will fall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.