More Indy Expansion

Jan 7, 2004
Red Planet
Northwest expands its Indianapolis flight schedule

2:06:42 PM ET 3/9/2005

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Northwest Airlines (NWAC) said Wednesday that it has expanded its Indianapolis flight schedule with nonstop service to Seattle and Austin, Texas. The carrier also said it plans to begin new nonstop service to Denver and St. Louis and an additional frequency to Kansas City, Mo. When the six new flights start on June 9, Northwest's Indianapolis schedule will grow to 52 flights a day to 21 destinations.

North by Northwest said:
Northwest expands its Indianapolis flight schedule

2:06:42 PM ET 3/9/2005

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Northwest Airlines (NWAC) said Wednesday that it has expanded its Indianapolis flight schedule with nonstop service to Seattle and Austin, Texas. The carrier also said it plans to begin new nonstop service to Denver and St. Louis and an additional frequency to Kansas City, Mo. When the six new flights start on June 9, Northwest's Indianapolis schedule will grow to 52 flights a day to 21 destinations.
[post="253971"][/post]​

To me, the Austin addition is particularly interesting. What is the IND-AUS connection?

Wow, IND-SEA? What are the O&D comparisons between CLE-SEA and IND-SEA? I ask because CO has always had a difficult time making CLE-SEA work, IIRC it is only a summer service.

North by Northwest said:
Indy is a gold mine. Large base of business flyers.
[post="253979"][/post]​

Fine... But I assume there is a more specific connection than that... Is there a major company in IND with major secondary offices in AUS, or vice-versa?

MKE and CMH are also mid-sized midwestern cities with large bases of business flyers, yet they do not have nonstop service to AUS. IND will. Why?

I love how NWA got/forced SWA to vacate their gates and move over to the C gates. It is about time that someone pushed SWA around and show them they are not the bully. NWA rocks!

coolflyingfool said:
I love how NWA got/forced SWA to vacate their gates and move over to the C gates. It is about time that someone pushed SWA around and show them they are not the bully. NWA rocks!
[post="254391"][/post]​

I'm sure WN will be happy to increase there balance sheet with the cash NW will have to pay them to move

jimmyd said:
Latest SEA O&D Passengers (YE 3Q 2004)

Cleveland 87,800
Indy 101,160
[post="254099"][/post]​

Interesting. And 'splains the SEA move.

Got those numbers for AUS?

Back