More MEM cuts

Kev3188 said:
I was just looking at some performance data emailed to me, and couldn't help but notice that MEM is no longer listed as a hub. That's obviously not a surprise, but it's still a bummer.*

*By bummer, I mean for me personally, given how the pulldown is affecting my friend's lives, the historical size of the place compared to today, it's place in NW/RC lore, and my experience working there. It does not reflect on the changing realities of the US aviation market, MEM's O&D volume-or lack thereof, DL's network planning strategies, the diminishing role of the CR2 in the same, any empirical data, Beale street, or Steve Cohen. So there. 
I have to ask...what are the IAM DL 143 AGCs upto nowadays with the DL completely dissolved? Are they hanging with Billy O'Driscoll at his castle in Ireland? I ask because wasn't the General Chairperson from MEM (or was at one point?). How are they liking working as at will Delta Air Lines employees?

Josh

Let's see... off the top of my head: The DL president went to work for WN, at least one went into mgmt., a couple retired, and the rest went back to their regular jobs.

How do they like it? Dunno; you'd have to ask them...

Kev3188 said:
Let's see... off the top of my head: The DL president went to work for WN, at least one went into mgmt., a couple retired, and the rest went back to their regular jobs.
How do they like it? Dunno; you'd have to ask them...
Interesting so they are going to help management keep unions off the property or have gone where they belonged all along. Sounds a bit like Marty Levitt. Things always work out for the union official wheeler dealers, the pesky members that pay their salaries not so much. Roach and Sito sure have done very well for themselves with the IAM but can the members they represented at TWA say the same?

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
Perfectly reasonable question to ask, I am familiar with the structure and leadership in place at the IAM. If you don't like the question skip over the post or put me on ignore.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
737823 said:
Perfectly reasonable question to ask, I am familiar with the structure and leadership in place at the IAM. If you don't like the question skip over the post or put me on ignore.

Josh
Or you could actually post something that had to do with the topic of this thread instead of trying to bash the IAM once again.

700UW said:
Or you could actually post something that had to do with the topic of this thread instead of trying to bash the IAM once again.
Being reported on Twitter the BOS and DCA flights from MEM are ending too. Good riddance, hopefully DL will add another ATL flight. MEM is a dumpy airport just like CLT, no good dining options and dilapidated facilities.

Josh

WT how can you continue to say that DL employees are enjoying compensation far greater than any CBA could allow but in practically claim in the same breath that WN (one of the most heavily unionized carriers in the world, btw) is poised to "[with DL] run everyone else over"? You are talking out of both sides of your mouth

LD3 said:
I don't believe there has ever been a thread that has stayed on topic...

Lol. Truth!

737823 said:
Being reported on Twitter the BOS and DCA flights from MEM are ending too. Good riddance, hopefully DL will add another ATL flight. MEM is a dumpy airport just like CLT, no good dining options and dilapidated facilities.

Josh

Bummer if true, but certainly not a surprise at this stage of the winding down. I'm curious to see where the DCA slot(s) wind up...

Funny how can the master of misinformation be so wrong again?

CLT was awarded the best airport in the world by International Air Transportation Association in 2010.

Must suck to be so hateful and angry joshie, not a way to go through life.

700UW said:
Funny how can the master of misinformation be so wrong again?

CLT was awarded the best airport in the world by International Air Transportation Association in 2010.

Must suck to be so hateful and angry joshie, not a way to go through life.
Not hateful or angry, I just don't happen to have the same perspective as you. So what, some arbitrary award years ago recognizes the airport big deal. Go and find me current rankings and even then my opinion stands on CLT, don't need to justify to you.

Josh

Latest posts