More MEM cuts

direct your advice to E who has wanted to try to argue with select facts that aren't logically connected why DL was incapable of making an accurate decision about the MEM market.

If you want to include labor in the discussion, then you shouldn't be surprised if I choose to take it down paths that are equally as off the beaten path.

Reactions: 1 person
WorldTraveler said:
direct your advice to E who has wanted to try to argue with select facts that aren't logically connected why DL was incapable of making an accurate decision about the MEM market.
More deflection. Awesome.

If you want to include labor in the discussion, then you shouldn't be surprised if I choose to take it down paths that are equally as off the beaten path.
Actually, labor is part of this topic. I'm the OP, I should know. Go back and look at the first post if need be.

of course it is all deflection if it doesn't fit your definition of the topic.

Would you like to provide an outline of what areas related to the discussion that are open for discussion and what are out of bounds, Kevin?

E's discussion about DL's history in the S. Central US is related... he just fails to make any logical connection with his argument that DL wasn't capable of knowing that MEM wasn't viable as a hub.

But again, you go ask E what that has to do with the discussion íf you don't want to hear it because I didn't go down the path.

If he wants to go there, who are you to say he can't?

I simply will grill him on the basis of the logic he attempts to use.

WorldTraveler said:
of course it is all deflection if it doesn't fit your definition of the topic.
My "definition" of a topic is usually pretty broad, since I enjoy the twists & turns most seem to take. .

That said, it'd be nice if for once you didn't completely co-opt one to use as a urinal.

WorldTraveler said:
I simply will grill him on the basis of the logic he attempts to use.
Kinda like the logic that correlated a founding in MLU with MEM?

Kinda like the logic that insists on dragging AA into the mix, not because it makes sense w/r/t the discussion, but because it's E's alma mater?

How 'bout the 787?

Pass the charcoal.

This  is WT when his plan for Deltoid to dominate the world has failed.

Exploding-head.gif

Kev, there's no point. Just put the sycophant on your ignore list.... it sounds like he's been busy shooting H in Caracas with Brody...

Reactions: 3 people
WorldTraveler said:
what does the 787 have to do with MEM or this discussion, Kev
Not much, but it still found it's way into the thread.

You tell us.

eolesen said:
Kev, there's no point. Just put the sycophant on your ignore list.... it sounds like he's been busy shooting H in Caracas with Brody...
Lol. Indeed.

perhaps you can help show me where I mentioned the 787. I don't recall bringing it into the conversation.

I certainly don't want you getting all defensive and expecting an apology if I am wrong but this is the first place where I see reference to the 787.

How 'bout the 787?
did I miss some other reference to the 787?

WorldTraveler said:
remember that by this time there was the expectation that there would be hundreds of 787s in service and many older widebodies would be retired but that hasn't happened because of the 787s problems. When the 787 finally starts being deployed with reliability, a lot of aircraft will be removed from service and aircraft values will plunge.
Page 20

thank you, Force.

My reference to the 787 and general fleet discussions was in response to this statement

DL is going to have to buy new airplanes sometime. They can't fly MD-88s, 767s, and high-cycle A320s forever.
(well, maybe the 88s, lol)
the same poster made several other comments about fleet age which seemed to be related to general discussions about DL's strategies vs. others.

But then the thread is full of all kinds of other comments from other people about topics that have nothing to do with MEM so I'm not sure what the point of anyone's comments or the question about the 787.

More significantly, it changes nothing about the fact that DL had the right to pull down MEM just as it does with other cities on its network. DL equally has the right and clearly the market knowledge to be able to add to or remove service as it sees fit.