More Paycuts Necessary

wts54

Senior
Sep 16, 2002
www.usaviation.com
US Airways CEO says more cuts necessary

By Marilyn Adams and Chris Woodyard, USA TODAY
US Airways (UAIR), still unprofitable seven months after completing bankruptcy reorganization, needs to cut costs more, CEO David Siegel said Tuesday.

See Story

It doesn't ANYTHING about paycuts. It says COST CUTS. This indicates that maybe more furloughs are coming. I don't think this incompetent group of losers is going to have ANY chance of getting more pay OR workrule concessions from any labor group now, and I don't think that any of the contracts are amendable until after 2008. I'm NOT a Harvard grad, but it seems to me that looking at the cost side of this equation before analyzing the revenue side is a BIG mistake. Cheapening the product more will just drive more folks away, making UAIR even less competitive. If you want to ask more, you've go to offer more. I don't think that RSA Dave will let this thing go "belly up" again, since his money is now at risk with all the other creditors, and with almost $2 billion in the bank that might be really hard to do anyway (especially since the biz plan didn't show UAIR making a profit until 2005). :angry:

This SAGA never ends.

This management thinks they can return to profitability by cutting more into labor.

We need new management who have experience in operating an airline and who know how to improve the product. Period.

Your right, the Company does need to cut costs further. I think they should start on how they waste their money, such as the Legal Fess associated with the IAM injunction and so forth. Why spend more on Appeal. Also we are unprofitable because to the Lack of a Viable Business Plan. Dave and BBB need to go!!! HOw much longer is Alabama Dave going to put up with Havard Daves B.S.? Let me ask you this, in our Station we have Four Gates and only use Two. Why doesn't the Company either 1) Sell the Gates instead of paying Rent on something we've NEVER used or 2)Contract out to handle other Carriers using the Assetts we already have. Instead to making something, the company wants astronomical rates to handle another carrier so the Gates and Counter space go unoccupied. What is with this Management? STOP THROWING MONEY AWAY!!!!!!

Sorry to be so negative PineyBob, but....

If the rank and file were to work for free, and David Lorenzo and his minnions get their pay...

We would still lose money....

I say ....Dump David and his gang and bring in someone interested in really turning this thing around. Breaking contracts and beating up on the employees won't work.

As Art in ISP always says....It't the fares (and please don't tell me what a great job those pricing analyst at CCY are doing). I can't tell you how many folks are flying around for $20 - $25 per segment....I see it every day. Increase revenue...

:wacko:

This whole management needs to be dumped like week old garbage! The don't have a clue...PERIOD.
Interesting enough 2 job postings today for "MANGER OF DOMESTIC PRICING CCY" and ANALYST II DOMESTIC PRICING CCY."
No excuse for this and the BODs need to step in with the utmost speed to correct this situation. :down:

Bob,

You would think management would want to engage their employees in a positive manner, and begin working together to build this airline. Management must look for ways to raise revenue, and it may cost them a little to do this.

Getting something cheap; is not always a bargin.

"Their are about 25,000 people that depend on your guidance and leadership for their income."

Used to be 46,000

Hey Dave,

How about closing down Crystal City. Move HQ to PIT, CLT, or PHL.

Put an office in the terminal with an open-door policy so your front-line employees can pay a visit when things aren't right. They could offer suggestions on how to improve efficiency, cut costs, increase revenue, improve customer service!

Maybe if you were to view your employees -- the remaining 25,000 of them -- as an ASSET rather than a liability, you could turn the ship around.

we have tried and tried to show the company where and how we can make significant cost savings by bringing in house many many items that are now vendored.it has been quite clear to all involved that the company has no desire to save money or they would have been eager to demonstrate their willingness to work together to achieve cost savings.grievance after grievance have been filed with few if any items brought in for repair.
this company is a sham both in using its employee skills and its employee desires to help become profitable through cost savings.
it is also worthy to note how these low level management types are actually so eager to help the company deny cost savings and at the same time vendor our own work out through trickery and deciept .they blindly obey day after day and send out inhouse work under the guise of thinking they are helping their superiors when actually they are supplying the knife that will eventually cut their own throats and eliminate their own positions....no vendor work,no iam employee,no shop,no foreman.
i see this blind faith day after day...it amazes me.

Bob

Just because an individual has intelligence, a math degree, and can navigate
the court system does not mean they can run an airline OPERATION.

Countless times my group of employees has offered to put together a
presentation for senior management which would outline the strengths and
weaknesses in our operation along with ways to increase efficiency,
cut out waste, and save/make more for the bottom line. We have never
been given the chance to make the presentation.

Immediately after emergence from bankruptcy i expected senior management
to fan out across the system and let us all know what the plan and vision was.
It did not happen. I also expected to see a reorganization of the operating units
that made some sense and got rid of some needless low/middle management.
It did not happen. We still have those folks who s main function is the sports
page and lunch.

It has become painfully obvious that there is not a single person in ccy that
has a clue as it pertains to the operational side of the airline. Very sad.

It appears that the only avenue these folks can take,because it is all they know,
is to violate contacts and try to get to a profit by sucking the life out of the
employees.

Finally, the company got more in total concessions than they initially requested
and still can t get close to breakeven. That certainly indicates a weakness in
operational and marketing savy.

regards

Cut more costs...simple......get rid of SIEGEL, COHEN, GLASS and BALDANZA And be sure and cut the cord to the golden chutes before you drop them!!!!!! :up:

The next round of CWA pay cuts are ready to go, as soon as the 70 seat RJ's arrive, 2/3's of our system will get the MDA or Express Classafication. Thats a $7.00 an hour paycut for 2/3's of our membership.

I look for both reservation offices to be moved to Alabma. 2/3's of the current CRO agents will not relocate. Mostly new hires take there place.

Major cost cutting on the way!!!!