More revenue, More seats...

The scary part is that AA said some time ago that after the merger they wanted to be somewhere around 85K-100K (give or take) employees. So where will 22K plus employees end up? You are correct the trimmings have NOT been done yet, when they do most agree it will decrease not increase headcounts. At this point no one knows from which groups, but I will assure you it will be the groups with the most employed by highest numbers getting trimmed the most. And that should worry everyone including management and union ranks.

M&R will certainly take a hit. Retiring older airframe, new airplanes requiring less maintenance. The Brazil hangar and the NAAs increased outsourcing. It all adds up to fewer and fewer heads. Question is, how do we get there? Imho there will NOT be a buyout. I see layoffs and attrition thinning our ranks.

The scary part is that AA said some time ago that after the merger they wanted to be somewhere around 85K-100K (give or take) employees. So where will 22K plus employees end up? You are correct the trimmings have NOT been done yet, when they do most agree it will decrease not increase headcounts. At this point no one knows from which groups, but I will assure you it will be the groups with the most employed by highest numbers getting trimmed the most. And that should worry everyone including management and union ranks.

Anyone without a Union or enforceable Labor agreement should "maybe" be concerned.

There "could be a chance" that they get laid off if the Company doesn't get enough fish on the hook to take the buyouts or they feel they don't want/ can't wait for people to leave through natural attrition?

The "INDUSTRY" is earning profit hand over fist and at least so far we haven't seen any substantial layoffs anywhere in the last few years. As a matter of fact the word throughout the industry I keep reading is "attrition"

M&R will certainly take a hit. Retiring older airframe, new airplanes requiring less maintenance. The Brazil hangar and the NAAs increased outsourcing. It all adds up to fewer and fewer heads. Question is, how do we get there? Imho there will NOT be a buyout. I see layoffs and attrition thinning our ranks.

Want to make a bet on that layoff scare you got going on in your head dvlhog?

Edit: I don't mean "displacements" I mean layoffs (To the street job loses)

Last edited:
Want to make a bet on that layoff scare you got going on in your head dvlhog?

Edit: I don't mean "displacements" I mean layoffs (To the street job loses)

Sure Weez. How about a cup of coffee? The Brazil hangar is a direct threat to work done at DWH. I also believe Back shops are going away. 8 AMTOs have just been recalled to the floor here. Their slots are not being backfilled. Given new aircraft and retirements of older fleets. I do not see how jobs will NOT be lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure Weez. How about a cup of coffee? The Brazil hangar is a direct threat to work done at DWH. I also believe Back shops are going away. 8 AMTOs have just been recalled to the floor here. Their slots are not being backfield. Given new aircraft and retirements of older fleets. I do not see how jobs will NOT be lost.

For what it's worth I believe the Company themselves put into that Jetnet crapola that there wouldn't be any direct job loses.

In a few more years lots of us from the old AA are going to start retiring. They can afford with the revenue they have coming in now to let any overages attrition out over time.

And the Coffee bet sounds great to me.

For what it's worth I believe the Company themselves put into that Jetnet crapola that there wouldn't be any direct job loses.

In a few more years lots of us from the old AA are going to start retiring. They can afford with the revenue they have coming in now to let any overages attrition out over time.

Same thing at SWA, we have guys waiting on a contract to retire, so there is our attrition, I don't look for anything till next year, or maybe even 2019.

"Could be a chance"

If the little fat kid over in Asia flattens Seoul of course it's going to happen. Same thing if a decent size meteor gets through and causes a 100 Ft Tsunami to wipe out the whole East Coast of America.

"Could be a chance"

I have another Heart Attack even with three Stents in me?

"Could be a chance"

pretty much of almost anything?

And I don't think you or I or anyone on Forums needs to armchair quarterback and tell the elected representatives of either Union what they need to ask for. They've all been around the block a few times now.

Oh and no one needs to "trust" the Company (Yours or mine) or any of the Unions (Yours or mine) or anyone they don't want to trust for that matter. They need to go to work and do their jobs, and they should vote whenever they get the chance to do that on something. If they don't, they need to also eat, drink and breathe.
You know, I expected a way better response than what you gave. Instead of thinking "could be a chance" most prepared union officers and nego's would look at it as, how should we prepare if this does become reality, not a chance. Prepare for the worse, and accept the lessor, if so be. Not being prepared will kill later on. Take the blinders off weez, it may come and hit you upside of the head, and you will be dumbfounded where the hell it all came from because you were not prepared. Take note of the suttle warnings from the company. I have told this asso. of these same type of warnings before and I was correct, my God pls do not let me come back and post I told you so... Get prepared for God's sake.

Anyone without a Union or enforceable Labor agreement should "maybe" be concerned.

There "could be a chance" that they get laid off if the Company doesn't get enough fish on the hook to take the buyouts or they feel they don't want/ can't wait for people to leave through natural attrition?

The "INDUSTRY" is earning profit hand over fist and at least so far we haven't seen any substantial layoffs anywhere in the last few years. As a matter of fact the word throughout the industry I keep reading is "attrition"
Are you serious? Anyone without a union or enforceable labor agreement should be concerned? So you think because you have a contract you are safe? Holy shite you need to get a clue. Have you not seen the "contract covered" employees at AA over the years sent packing on lay-offs and relocations forced by the company? Oh man you have got a lot to learn. Just because you are under contract does NOT mean you cannot be laid off (and I include myself in this catagory) as we have the language that states the company cannot lay-off anyone as long as they are outsourcing maint. Ha! Ha! Look what AA has done with that language over the last 30 years. NEVER put 100% faith into a no lay off clause, because when it comes to BK, courts, or just plain agreements between the company and the union (TWU/IAM) then they can do that brother. Where the hell have you been???

And you just believe the company? After all these years of lying? Lay-offs? Displacements? Forced departures and relocations? Filing BK with 4-5 Billion in cash on hand? C'mon man...

Are you serious? Anyone without a union or enforceable labor agreement should be concerned? So you think because you have a contract you are safe? Holy shite you need to get a clue. Have you not seen the "contract covered" employees at AA over the years sent packing on lay-offs and relocations forced by the company? Oh man you have got a lot to learn. Just because you are under contract does NOT mean you cannot be laid off (and I include myself in this catagory) as we have the language that states the company cannot lay-off anyone as long as they are outsourcing maint. Ha! Ha! Look what AA has done with that language over the last 30 years. NEVER put 100% faith into a no lay off clause, because when it comes to BK, courts, or just plain agreements between the company and the union (TWU/IAM) then they can do that brother. Where the hell have you been???
So you think with AMFA we are bulletproof at SWA, that's what the poor Northwest guys thought, wrong!

You know, I expected a way better response than what you gave. Instead of thinking "could be a chance" most prepared union officers and nego's would look at it as, how should we prepare if this does become reality, not a chance. Prepare for the worse, and accept the lessor, if so be. Not being prepared will kill later on. Take the blinders off weez, it may come and hit you upside of the head, and you will be dumbfounded where the hell it all came from because you were not prepared. Take note of the suttle warnings from the company. I have told this asso. of these same type of warnings before and I was correct, my God pls do not let me come back and post I told you so... Get prepared for God's sake.

"Could be a chance"

Las Vegas.

Should I just stop living and enjoying life then?

"Could be a chance"

And you just believe the company? After all these years of lying? Lay-offs? Displacements? Forced departures and relocations? Filing BK with 4-5 Billion in cash on hand? C'mon man...

"The sky is falling, The sky is falling"

Don't "chose" to live your life in fear swamt. Tell YOUR Union to let you vote on something and trust your coworkers to do the right thing. Have faith.

Or are you willing to wait another 5 years?

Same thing at SWA, we have guys waiting on a contract to retire, so there is our attrition, I don't look for anything till next year, or maybe even 2019.

If you guys get a contract in place doesn't the Seeham group stop collecting so much of your hard earned money?

Ever consider that your Union is actually the Seeham group Law firm and not AMFA?

"The sky is falling, The sky is falling"

Don't "chose" to live your life in fear swamt. Tell YOUR Union to let you vote on something and trust your coworkers to do the right thing. Have faith.

Or are you willing to wait another 5 years?
Whatever it takes...