More Sponsorship Scandal Stuff

Randy_G

Advanced
Mar 11, 2003
Found this one.

More allegations trouble Martins regime

The last few weeks have seen Paul Martin's regime rocked by numerous allegations with regards to the sponsorship scandal. While some have proved false, namely Miriam Bedards claim that noted race car driver Jacques Villeneuve received $12 million to put a Canadian flag on his lapel. Other's may prove to be a little more troublesome. It was alleged by noted Quebec singer Avril Fulz, that the Cretien Government handed out $25 million to noted separtist artist Phillippe Ane Muet. The controversial artist was unavailable for comment. However when we contacted someone close to the artist, they would neither confirm, nor deny the allegations. If the allegations are true, this would be the largest sum paid out in the sponsorship scandal.

Phillippe Ane Muet has been no stranger to controversy. All through his coloured career he has been very outspoken on separation. His most famous work is entitled "embrasser mon âne tout le monde" and hangs in the Gallery d'art du Coloniale in Paris. It apparently is a painting of two lips, and rather rotund buttocks. He has also been arrested numerous times for protesting Federalism in Quebec.

With the government reeling from all the allegations, it was not surprising that I received a "no comment" when I asked a government spokesperson about the latest allegations. Although I was told that a statement would be released as soon as they had had a chance to review the allegations made by Ms. Fulz.

Randy: The real scandal will be if Quebec and Ontario give the Liberals another term. :down:

What happened to common sense?

it's a shame Belinda S. didn't get elected as the leader of the conservative/alliance party. I'd have thrown a vote her way just cause she'd actually have been the best looking politician since the beginning of time. And that would be enough cause for me. :up:

A party fronted by Belinda S. Now there's a political leader I could get behind! :)

For her policies of course.......what were they again? :rolleyes: