Movie Theater Shooting in Tampa

Kev3188 said:
I can see how a trained law enforcement officer could construe a cellphone and some popcorn as a weapons worthy of a lethal response.   :rolleyes:
Again, not condoning the outcome, just stating there's more to the story than " 71 year old, retired police office pulls gun out, while eating popcorn and blows away impolite cell phone user!

Ms Tree said:
I went to see The Hobbit this past week and they did have an admonishment about a bright phonescreen Iin a dark room. In other words. Turn off your ringer and put your phone away.

I think it is common courtesy that when the lights dim you should put your phone away. If you need to answer a text or take a call, just go out side.
 There are a lot of people that don't quite understand the term "Common Courtesy"........believe or not, in public, I'm a courteous person.

Just the other day, took my girlfriend to rehab, for a recent knee surgery. While sitting in a waiting room, with 4 others, a Dude walks in, on his cell, talking as if no one else were in the room and that it was important that all of us knew exactly what he was saying to the person on the other end.
Almost got up and asked if he could at least put it on speaker phone, so we could hear the entire conversation, instead of just half!
Decided against it but, if he hadn't been called to the back..............................

southwind said:
Again, not condoning the outcome, just stating there's more to the story than " 71 year old, retired police office pulls gun out, while eating popcorn and blows away impolite cell phone user!

There are a lot of people that don't quite understand the term "Common Courtesy"........believe or not, in public, I'm a courteous person.

Just the other day, took my girlfriend to rehab, for a recent knee surgery. While sitting in a waiting room, with 4 others, a Dude walks in, on his cell, talking as if no one else were in the room and that it was important that all of us knew exactly what he was saying to the person on the other end.
Almost got up and asked if he could at least put it on speaker phone, so we could hear the entire conversation, instead of just half!
Decided against it but, if he hadn't been called to the back..............................
One way I found that works is to start commenting on the phone call. When they tell me its a private call I tell them that they are sitting right by me in a public place so no, not really.

Tends to shut them up.

• Banned
1601486_10152148297574255_1718620174_n.jpg

southwind said:

Man, you are just digging yourself a hole.

777 fixer said:

Man, you are just digging yourself a hole.
That would depend on who's reading it. There are certain people, on this board, who I could give a rat's ass what they think!

southwind said:
That would depend on who's reading it. There are certain people, on this board, who I could give a rat's ass what they think!

My, my aren't we testy today.  Now why don't we get back to you condoning a murder in a movie theater.

When the first thing you mention is cell phones I think we all figured out your position on it.

In entirely poor taste, but this appears to have been an open & shut case of a salt and buttery...

The shooter deserves to be locked away for what's left of his life. The theater chain apparently had signs indicating was a gun-free zone, so he shouldn't have had it there in the first place.

eolesen said:
In entirely poor taste, but this appears to have been an open & shut case of a salt and buttery...

The shooter deserves to be locked away for what's left of his life. The theater chain apparently had signs indicating was a gun-free zone, so he shouldn't have had it there in the first place.

What gets me is that the guy is a retired police captain.  If anyone should know what a justified shooting and an unjustified shooting is it should have been him.  Add to that the consequences.

Back