MUST BE NICE!

This thread is useless without proof :down: I heard this and I heard that and just because I heard this and that it's the truth.

My god, he is still not making what his peers are while running a $20+ billion dollar company.

GET OVER IT!!!
Arpys peers are airline CEO's and the disparity that exists between his pay and the pay of other airline CEOs is no worse than the pay disparity between airline mechanics from airline to airline. I work on $500 million airliners yet I make less than people working on $25,000 automoblies. Basing Arpys pay on revenues would be like basing my pay on the value of the aircraft that I work on, what difference does the number attached to revenues make, profits are what count right? You are a proponent of pay for performance, no? If I failed in getting those $500 million planes out how much would my services be worth? About as much as Arpeys inability to consistantly get profits out of $20 billion in revenue.

The fact that AMR is a $20billion company doesnt mean anything, its an airline and Arpey is an airline CEO. If he manages a company that's not making huge profits why should he get paid well? His job performance sucks. Shouldnt he make less than the CEO of SWA, a consistantly profitable company? Pay for performance right?

I guess all the duallys and Harley's I saw parked out at TULE and AFW maintenance bases last year were all bought used, right? There were also a couple nice boats and RV's parked in the lot at the DFW hangar (excluding a couple that were being lived in at the time).

If Arpey got a new car, great. He'd been driving the same Toyota 4x4 he'd owned for at least four or five years, and it's about time he replaced it.

BTW, I happen to like Ikea's furniture.... Why pay $2000 for a bedroom set for the kids when I can pay $800 or so and spend an afternoon putting it together with an air ratchet?

At least those things were bought with their OWN MONEY.

The discussion of Arpey's new car reminds me of another airline whose employees bought their CEO a new car.

It is almost a parallel situation, in that in both cases, the employees paid for the CEO's new car. Except in our case, the payment was extracted under false pretenses, rather than freely given in appreciation.

Arpys peers are airline CEO's and the disparity that exists between his pay and the pay of other airline CEOs is no worse than the pay disparity between airline mechanics from airline to airline. I work on $500 million airliners yet I make less than people working on $25,000 automoblies. Basing Arpys pay on revenues would be like basing my pay on the value of the aircraft that I work on, what difference does the number attached to revenues make, profits are what count right? You are a proponent of pay for performance, no? If I failed in getting those $500 million planes out how much would my services be worth? About as much as Arpeys inability to consistantly get profits out of $20 billion in revenue.

The fact that AMR is a $20billion company doesnt mean anything, its an airline and Arpey is an airline CEO. If he manages a company that's not making huge profits why should he get paid well? His job performance sucks. Shouldnt he make less than the CEO of SWA, a consistantly profitable company? Pay for performance right?

you want to compare arpeys pay with other airline ceos but you want to compare your pay to auto mechanics and not other airlines I think you make more than most of the top five airlines mechanics

With respect to the FURP buttons or the PUP Buck stickers:

Give me a PAYPAL link and the $/button-sticker and I'll kick in for production and solicit the floor for more.

Put some type of distribution link up for delivery and I'll wall paper the damned place.

The discussion of Arpey's new car reminds me of another airline whose employees bought their CEO a new car.

It is almost a parallel situation, in that in both cases, the employees paid for the CEO's new car. Except in our case, the payment was extracted under false pretenses, rather than freely given in appreciation.

False pretenses????? You act as if you didn't know anything about this.

"WE ALL JUST WANT TO HOLD ON TO OUR HOUSES AND GET FOOD AND MEDICINE FOR OUR CHILDREN!! OVER 4 YEARS OF FALLING BEHIND INFLATION. "

Be grateful that you still have a job! :wub:

"WE ALL JUST WANT TO HOLD ON TO OUR HOUSES AND GET FOOD AND MEDICINE FOR OUR CHILDREN!! OVER 4 YEARS OF FALLING BEHIND INFLATION. "
Be grateful that you still have a job! :wub:

Did you get a recall notice? You might want to change your name to FurloughedByAA!

It's AA that decides how many they need to get rid of, not the APFA.

Go TEAMSTERS!

Am I the only one who sees the similarity between these two logos?...

62qgw89.jpg

False pretenses????? You act as if you didn't know anything about this.

So I guess that you are now admitting that the TWU had actually been advised by ECLAT of the KERP/SERP bonuses versus the claim by same that they had been blindsided by the revelations?

It answers the question as to why the TWU would retain ECLAT for this round of negotiations after they "failed" to mention same in the 2003 Top Down Review of AMR finances.

Back