My thoughts

AANOTOK

Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
Just watched the press conference with Parker and Horton. Just from my observation, Parker seemed to be more laid back, more employee friendly...and yes a little less professional (in a good way). Horton seemed very corporate oriented, less of a sense of humor, not employee friendly.

I have never met either one of them and I know one press conference does not make a person. But just from TODAY, I would say Parker would be the easier one to work for and talk to. Time will tell.

I say don't be fooled by the physical appearance and demeanor. They are both bean counters. Not Airline Rank and File.. (CR & Crandall)

I say don't be fooled by the physical appearance and demeanor. They are both bean counters. Not Airline Rank and File.. (CR & Crandall)

Exactly, if you want to see how employee freindly he is look at how he traets his current employees, almost as bad as Horton.

Reactions: 1 person
Just watched the press conference with Parker and Horton. Just from my observation, Parker seemed to be more laid back, more employee friendly...and yes a little less professional (in a good way). Horton seemed very corporate oriented, less of a sense of humor, not employee friendly.

I have never met either one of them and I know one press conference does not make a person. But just from TODAY, I would say Parker would be the easier one to work for and talk to. Time will tell.

I'm sorry, but that sounds to me like the commentary about Sen Rubio that focused not on the content of his message, but on his clumsy reach for a drink of water two nights ago when he gave a response to the President's State of the Union address.

They both had the same message, so I had to focus on other things. Doesn't really matter though does it FWAAA, it is Parker who will run the show.

Doug Parker is very employee & customer unfriendly. He can't even finish the merger with the regional HP, how is he going to do this.
He could have if he wanted to. Obviously all it takes is a Chapter 11 filing and they can do whatever the hell they want. So do not dismiss that fact. Parker does appear more intelligent than Horton to me. Time will tell. And I do not believe there is a limit on how many times they use that tool either.

Parker does appear more intelligent than Horton to me.

People I know who have worked extensively with both say the exact opposite. The banks are said to have far more confidence in Horton, and when dealing with US Airways, preferred to deal with Derek Kerr vs. Parker.

Latest posts