NAACP Issues Travel Advisory against AA

C’mon guys. Use the unfollow button. I knew this guy was a shmuck the first time we interacted. With his “Cash me ousside, How bout da” shtick. Inviting guys to come see him at the hangar so he can call HR and claim harrassment Never seen a guy on this forum with need to show everyone how tough he is. Compensate much?
And then the race card when no one knew or cared what race he is. Only important to him.
Unfollow him. He adds nothing to any thread.

C’mon guys. Use the unfollow button. I knew this guy was a shmuck the first time we interacted. With his “Cash me ousside, How bout da” shtick. Inviting guys to come see him at the hangar so he can call HR and claim harrassment Never seen a guy on this forum with need to show everyone how tough he is. Compensate much?
And then the race card when no one knew or cared what race he is. Only important to him.
Unfollow him. He adds nothing to any thread.
But you noticed what I said to him, he was silent., but your right AA89.

“If true, those passengers need to be compensated. But even if they happened, those incidents don't rise to the level of having the country's preeminent civil rights organization issuing a national warning to black people.

There are too many pressing issues -- of which the NAACP is well aware and working to rectify, including pushing back against harmful changes involving fair-market rent by the Department of Housing and Urban Development -- to allow ourselves to get sidetracked by what might amount to a handful of misunderstandings on airplanes.”

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/26/opini...-avoiding-american-airlines-bailey/index.html

“It's hard to be alarmed by the advisory, given the paucity of evidence the revered civil rights organization has so far presented -- and because we are living in volatile times during which profound questions about racial and other forms of inequality are popping up everywhere.

The advisory seems trivial by comparison. During times like these, there's only so much moral bandwidth available to highlight and combat wrongs where we can prove them.”

“If true” is the key. All incidents should be reported and investigated. It’s probably hard to prove racism in any of the cases mentioned but a violtation of company policy should be simple and employees disciplined and/or trained accordingly. If it’s proven to be based on race then they should be fired.

On the other side, so too there is and should be a penalty for passengers that disrupt a flight or verbally abuse a front line employee. If we can admit there are racists in the country then too we should be able to admit that there are people walking around looking for an excuse to see racism.
I hope these incidents are investigated and the whole truth comes out. Whatever it may be.

we should be able to admit that there are people walking around looking for an excuse to see racism.

Again.... when you monetize injustice people will find it everywhere.

The NAACP will ALWAYS propagate racism. That is where they get their money and power.

Reactions: AA89
Again.... when you monetize injustice people will find it everywhere.

The NAACP will ALWAYS propagate racism. That is where they get their money and power.

The only “power” this group has stems from their credibility (or lack thereof). Judging from the comments here, other employee oriented forums, customer oriented forums, frequent flier blogs, etc it is all overwhelmingly pro-company and agreement that this seems like a shakedown. Between this and the travel advisory they issued against the state of MO, they’ve lost credibility.

This release is more like what I’d expect from a fringe group like the black panthers or Nation of Islam. It’s a shame the company is meeting with these thugs rather than addressing the facts, misleading statements and omissions in their allegations. To say nothing of the fact that on several of these it is well documented that that accuser was out of control and behaved inappropriately.

AA has a long history of diversity and inclusion, long before the likes of DL, UA or carriers like NW or TW that no longer exist. My guess is AA was targeted because UA had the similarly outrageous Dr. Dao incident, DL is probably most likely a benefactor of the organization, and well WN generally can do no wrong and has a favorable reputation.

Josh

PSA has a simulator instructor or did have a simulator instructor who was known to give dark people a hard time. He even gave a dark skinned French guy a hard time; looked like a moose limb. Last I heard the dark skinned French guy was flying HRC around for what that's worth.

Good ol' boy from Virginia. Total prick.

Working there was sort of like the Movie 'Deliverance', Like Sodom and Gomorrah but an airline.

Last edited:
It’s kind of like unions have lost a lot of relevance as the federal government has instituted laws and regulations to enforce safety, diversity etc. The NAACP has to reach a little to stay as relevant as they once were. I too have seen comments on other sites, the vast majority in support of AA, by people of all races. However, there are also the stories of people such as the one CRASTOR mentions. No doubt they exist and should be shown the door. If they are allowed to stay employed at AA, then AA loses it’s credibility as an inclusive employer. But to try and portray AA as unsafe for African Americans to fly is a bit dramatic.

The Sad part about what you just said. Is that you dont even know How stupid you sound. WOW. Let me guess you never finished High school.
So what is your point , besides cursing people, and childish put downs. Tell me Truth, how has American Airlines oppressed you, if you have a Premium position, where you hardly have to work, you and your spouse must have saved enough money to put two sons through college engineering school.It sounds like you have zero oppression from American. If you are flying on a commercial airline if you read the find print language of that seat, you are renting the service from the airline. The airline reserves the right to remove at any time especially if you are being belligerent, or interfering with a flight crew member. You are way to young to ever lived through Jim Crowe laws, Segregation, or the civil rights movement, so unless you are a 75 year old African American spare us the hate speech, because the people that lived through it are the real victims, not you sir!