National Cargo 747 crashes in Bagram, not for the faint of heart!

Damn. I have ex NWA freinds in the business. My prayers are with the family and freinds of the 7 who perished.

my prayers n thoughts to the entire 7 and their entire families may the 7 rip

wonder what could have caused him to rock side to side and go almost flat down

Reactions: 1 person
My nephew is stationed there, he heard the explosion, and was sent out to take pictures. Horrific crash.

Has to be a cargo shift.

A tragedy in all regards. But also look at the video. Those clouds look ominous to say the least. Most large transport aircraft pilots encountering wild shear are trained to maintain existing configuration in a windshear event.That may possibly be a clue, maybe not. The gear is still down. To say it is a cargo shift and end the discussion is ridiculous.

Reactions: 2 people
Guess you havent read any of the news reports where the leading cause is Cargo Shift, not wind shear (edited)

Guess you havent read any of the news reports where the leading cause is Cargo Shift, not wind shear, no such thing as wild shear.
Ok, I misspelled on an I pad. Wind shear. And if the news reports say the cargo shifted I immediately discount them as knowing anything.
I see a heavy 747 taking off with wild looking clouds all around it, and the gear is still down as is taught in wind shear recovery. A strong possibility. Maybe the cargo shifted during a windshear event. Maybe it was not anything I mentioned.
A tragedy in all senses.

Reactions: 2 people
Guess you havent read any of the news reports where the leading cause is Cargo Shift, not wind shear, no such thing as wild shear.

Did you ever fly a simulator in wind shear training? I have heard numerous pilots exclaim "that was some wild shear!"

Reactions: 3 people
Could be shear, unsecured cargo seems just as likely, or it could also have been cargo loaded incorrectly, like this accident in MIA:

http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=19970807-0

Reactions: 1 person