Near mid-air .... DL/US

DELTAWATCH...Grow the F up please...This was a PSA operated fight not an "US" flight as you described in the title...STOP MISLEADING US PLEASE AND GROW UP!

This shows us that the TCAS indeed works and saves lives...as for the controllers being retrained...why should they be retrained...usually incidents like this are a terminable offense.

Runway incursions are probably THE biggest safety topic the FAA is emphasizing these days. It is of importance to all types of aircraft, pilots and controllers at all types of airports. Without stronger oversight - especially at the busier airports, another Tenerife is an unfortunate possibility we may see (and hopefully not with two fully loaded 747's again)

http://www.faa.gov/runwaysafety/

YVINTERN, Why the attitude? The OP posted a link to the article.

PSA is a wholly owned subsidiary of USAirway Group and the article stated as such.

Thank goodness for TCAS!

DELTAWATCH...Grow the F up please...This was a PSA operated fight not an "US" flight as you described in the title...STOP MISLEADING US PLEASE AND GROW UP!

This shows us that the TCAS indeed works and saves lives...as for the controllers being retrained...why should they be retrained...usually incidents like this are a terminable offense.

Nothing wrong with calling this a US flight. None of the pax on that plane called up PSA to buy a ticket...none of them checked-in at the PSA counter...you get the drift. Further, PSA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of US, so therefore, their CRJs are as much a part of US as the A330s. If there had been a crash, the media would have correctly reported that it involved a Delta flight and a US Airways flight.

On your second point, you are absolutely correct. This shows that TCAS works and saves lives. Thank God for that.

If you knew Deltawatch's history on the US boards...he is always stirring the pot between US/DL Thats why I got ticked...However yes you are correct by that logic it is an us airways express branded flight under the us airways flag.

..as for the controllers being retrained...why should they be retrained...usually incidents like this are a terminable offense.

There was an anecdotal story several years ago about a SWA worker who made a mistake and cost the company 1/2 million dollars. Instead of firing him, Herb Kelleher kept him saying in effect that 'when I spend 1/2 million dollars' to teach a lesson, I want that lesson kept in house.

Same thing.....mistakes happen.....and I'm sure that you've made or will make critical mistakes in your life.

DENVER,CO

Nothing wrong with calling this a US flight. None of the pax on that plane called up PSA to buy a ticket...none of them checked-in at the PSA counter...you get the drift. Further, PSA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of US, so therefore, their CRJs are as much a part of US as the A330s. If there had been a crash, the media would have correctly reported that it involved a Delta flight and a US Airways flight.

On your second point, you are absolutely correct. This shows that TCAS works and saves lives. Thank God for that.

While I agree with your points, it should be noted that the RJ accident in LEX has always been reported as being a Comair flight. Another wholly owned subsidiary. US has just always done a poor job of protecting their brand. Heck, you still see articles with U.S. Airways instead of the proper spelling.

Latest posts

Back