Negotiations........why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the post 700 pasted. Towards the end it only mentions fleet service. Go and read it carefully again. It's all about fleet nothing with the other groups. The association openly admitted that it is working to get fleet the best contract. Again M&E are the coat tails in the backround. In other words we get the scraps under the table. The only time the union takes us seriously is during a card drive. Any of you frigging class and craft non believers still think the association is here for our best interest?

Reactions: 2 people
Coat tails?

And your not an elitist?

Do you actually believe you would get more if fleet gets less?

700UW said:
Coat tails?
And your not an elitist?
Do you actually believe you would get more if fleet gets less?
I'm Speaking from experience you idiot. You never been represented by the twu or worked for AA or as a AMT. There you go butting in making comments in reference to something you never ever experienced.

Reactions: 2 people
I was on two different negotiation committees, how many have you been on?

And I know I'm right as you had to resort to insults.

700UW said:
I was on two different negotiation committees, how many have you been on?
And I know I'm right as you had to resort to insults.
Again, were you ever represented by the TWU at American Airlines working as a AMT? I doubt anyone here wants to hear what you did in the past and how many times you did it. The AMT'S are rattling the pots and pans the loudest over the Delta plus 7 and the lack of negotiations taking place. The association responds with I feel your pain and addresses fleet service specifically in the letter. Then you respond with the elitist comment and your past union accomplishments with a different airline and a different union working in a different department at a similar time we AMT'S continue to get screwed at AA represented by the TWU. Your irrelevant in this conversation. You don't work for either company and we are all tired of hearing about how once of a great union officer you were and all you did to save the company and the iam during its 2 bankruptcies. Your here for attention and to stir the pot. We on the other hand both AA and USAIR guys are facing real problems.

Reactions: 4 people
When are you going to realize this isn't just the TWU negotiating?

I mean you all whine and complain yet you are still TWU?

700UW,
When the TWU negotiated in 2001 the M&R group separate from Fleet the M&R group did get the larger percentage raise. The theory that 1AA is describing has been proven within the same union (TWU). Each group negotiated separately and got what their commitee was able to secure based on the value of their labor. The point of separate negotiations was not to take from the other to line one group's pockets, it was to determine what that group's true value was when one group was not leveraged or compromised to get more for another. I beleive the 2001 M&R group was around 35% increase and Fleet was closer to 20% in 2001.

Reactions: 1 person
Overspeed said:
700UW,
When the TWU negotiated in 2001 the M&R group separate from Fleet the M&R group did get the larger percentage raise. The theory that 1AA is describing has been proven within the same union (TWU). Each group negotiated separately and got what their commitee was able to secure based on the value of their labor. The point of separate negotiations was not to take from the other to line one group's pockets, it was to determine what that group's true value was when one group was not leveraged or compromised to get more for another. I beleive the 2001 M&R group was around 35% increase and Fleet was closer to 20% in 2001.
Don't forget the 1989 contract. We got screwed again. Fleet got a larger percentage than we did after the second proposal that passed. The first one was a better deal but AA threatened farming out fleet service. Majority ruled. TWU wanted the contract to pass so the majority got the bigger raise. We got less the second time around. Why? The company budgeted x amount for the twu represented employees. So the majority got more to pass a contract. This cr@p never stops. It continues in one way or another.

Reactions: 4 people
1AA said:
Your correct, it's not the twu or iam. No one is currently negotiating.
And that is the problem these clowns have no sense of urgency. Doesn't really matter to them they get paid either way. They get all the holidays off prime days off why should they care?

Reactions: 6 people
It's like hitting the lottery to end up in the international.just ignore the membership when they make inquires as long as there is no threat no sweat.

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.