neil Cohen

9epnsrip

May 13, 2004
CHS PNS Inflight
Visit site
[b]Hey for two years I've posted stories about Cohen now the world seen the facts[/b]...When Cohen and former US Airways CEO David Siegel were reorganizing the airline three years ago, they formed the Pittsburgh-based MidAtlantic Airways division as a way to operate close to 30 larger regional jets (DAILY, May 31, 2002). MidAtlantic used the FAA operating certificate of Potomac Air, which was formed as part of the proposed merger with United. More recently, Republic Airways Holdings reached a deal to acquire 28 Embraer 170s flown by MidAtlantic (DAILY, Nov. 22).

It appears that Cohen and Northwest management are proposing a similar plan to keep pace with competitors that have more liberal scope clauses. Newco will be a separate subsidiary, similar to the other Airlink carriers, with its own operating certificate. "Newco addresses and solves a looming problem," said CEO Doug Steenland. "Many cities in that network are too small to profitably operate our Airbus fleet, and too large for our 50-seat Canadair regional jets." Sorry co workers but by cousin a US Air Boy...

and conehead is also know as a big helper in union busting as he did at usair during his tenure with seigel using the so called new airline plan as the union busting tatics

He's trying to save an airline from liquidation. There's no way to do that without pissing off people.

I don't understand 'the big deal' about your post.

Well, since you work for 9E (judging by your posting name), you should know all about wholly owned subsidiaries....

He's trying to save an airline from liquidation. There's no way to do that without pissing off people.

That's not entirely true; for direction, he should look no further than the book "From worst to first," by Gordon Bethune.

With any reorganization, some people will be bent/left out. However, Cohen's scorched Earth policy guarantees NW's demise. :down:

Maybe he wasn't handed the same deck of cards Gordon had, and for the record, they're not doing too hot now either.

First, It's not all Cohen (He doesn't occupy all the C level positions).

And Second, he kept US Airways from liquidating. The track record you want to reference is all a matter of perspective. A majority of the US Airways people kept their jobs, a fact many people over look and fail to give credit for.

A majority of the US Airways people kept their jobs, a fact many people over look and fail to give credit for.

Just for the record the number of employees in Octoper of:

Year Employees
2001 42,909
2002 33,302
2003 26.270
2004 25.672
2005 20,663

source: Bureau of Transportation Statistics

Jim

ps NHBB - MDA never had it's own operating certificate. It operated on the US mainline certificate for it's entire existance.

Mr. Neil Cohen. While in management at USAirways. This question was asked of him, under oath in US bankruptcy court..."What is your compensation per year"? His answer. "I dont know"! This coming from our former Chief FINANCIAL Officer. :rolleyes:

See? I'm not making it up!!

I still remember when the BK judge at UAIR asked Cohen what his annual compensation was during one of the hearings. His response to Judge Mitchell? "I don't know."
This turd LIED right to the face of the judge!!! Now he is NWA employee's problem. He will see to it that ALL labor agreements are GUTTED! If you have disdain for NWA management now, just wait.

CODS, UAIR had over 6000 Mechanics in the mid 1990's. When I left in March of 2005? Less than 3000, pre merger.

Lastly DC3,
All that liquidation talk was used as a fear instilling tactic. We heard all about liqudation in the 1st BK and again in the 2nd! No way in heck was UAIR ever going to liquidate. That is rather evident now eh? It was just a part of the extortion that was routinely used against the employees of UAIR. Give concessions or we will have to liquidate. Yeah-right <_< .

Nothing more than abominable union busting scoundrels :down: :down:

Liquidation was a real threat and it could have happened. I truly believe that if the mechanics striked, it would have been all over. Same for United.

You can call it a 'fear tactic', but it was also the reality of the situation. United and US Airways didn't have a 'backup plan' like NWA did for their mechanics.

And NO, it's not evident now. What makes you think the current situation would prove that?