neil Cohen

Hopefully NWA will start to grow again and those jobs will come back.

Start to grow again?????
What world are you living in??

This baby (NWA) will shrink even more...
It's not done down sizing yet..!!

Start now...you got a good 15 years to wait for the up sizing to start you should be a commercial pilot by then....LOL

I wouldn't even fly on one of their aircraft let a lone fly one..... I will fly NWA when the SCABS are gone and the true AMT is on the property.

If this you say isn't going to happen then I have plenty of other carriers to fly on.

Start to grow again?????
What world are you living in??

This baby (NWA) will shrink even more...
It's not done down sizing yet..!!
You might be surprised. I don't see us shrinking nearly as much as was originally anticipated (I'd say 5-10% vs the 15% originally projected). Once the dust settles, slow growth will likely resume from that reduced baseline level.

I certainly wish I would have been born about 15 years earlier and pursued a career as a commercial airline pilot. It is a very good living for those guys that have enough seniority to hold on to their job. I feel sorry for the guys that have entered that field in the last 7-8 years or so. Most of them are on furlough, and have limited chance of getting back into a major any time soon. Hopefully NWA will start to grow again and those jobs will come back.
It'll take more than NWA coming back to have enough positions open up for the number of candidates out there. If you are truely committed and that's your ultimate dream I would not stop anyone from trying. However, before I'd encourage anyone, I'd want to make sure that they thoroughly understood the sacrifices they will have to make to get there.

Who will be flying the planes?

Ideally? (recalled)Mainline employees

More likely? 9E and or XJ folks; or whoever winds up taking over AirLink flying.

By the way, here's a tiny bit of new mainline flying.

As far as growth goes, I would like to see NW capitalize on it's strengths (like the Heartland Program-silly name, great concept), which could include more point to point flying such as the recent build up of LAS flights (though ideally to more than just leisure markets).

I'd also like to see more trans-pacific routes overfying NRT, to expanding markets such as PVG.

Latest posts