NEW AMERICAN HANGARS

Runwaysticker

Advanced
Dec 24, 2007
Last week I finished the 2 week Airbus school.. Of the 4 of us 1 guy was a Mexican dude from Mexico City. American has hired him as a mechanic to work on our airplanes doing B check work, Along with the other 20 they will get the training they need to currently work in the Delta hanger. He said they are building a 12 line HANGER that they will move into soon that it is constructed. He makes 10 dollars a hour and is very happy and proud that he is a American AMT. That's not all the instructor said they are also constructing HANGERS in CHINA and SOUTH AMERICA. This is not BS about the MEX HANGER, I sat next to the guy he showed pictures on his phone. It looks like we are going to get f****d like a football bat. I guess they couldn't give us the pre-fund interest cause spending so much money in other country's. This was a career 15, 20 years ago now its a short term job.

Reactions: 1 person
The hanger in Tijuana is a wondrous place.  One licensed A&P to every 20 "workers".  And cheap too.

One thing that struck me strange, is that when we merged with America West back in '05, is that most their planes were equipped with a "Latin American Jeppesen Manual" in the cockpit.  A Pilot told me that was so they could fly them "south of the boarder" to get "worked" on.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/11/airplane-maintenance-disturbing-truth

Runwaysticker said:
Last week I finished the 2 week Airbus school.. Of the 4 of us 1 guy was a Mexican dude from Mexico City. American has hired him as a mechanic to work on our airplanes doing B check work, Along with the other 20 they will get the training they need to currently work in the Delta hanger. He said they are building a 12 line HANGER that they will move into soon that it is constructed. He makes 10 dollars a hour and is very happy and proud that he is a American AMT. That's not all the instructor said they are also constructing HANGERS in CHINA and SOUTH AMERICA. This is not BS about the MEX HANGER, I sat next to the guy he showed pictures on his phone. It looks like we are going to get f****d like a football bat. I guess they couldn't give us the pre-fund interest cause spending so much money in other country's. This was a career 15, 20 years ago now its a short term job.
I;m not really sure what you are saying here.

Is it that AA is building a hangar in MEX?

Runwaysticker said:
Yes, and 700 you must be a fool or company ass, or too young to know better.
 No US airline is building maintenance hangars outside of the US without the media reporting it.

Mexicana Airways is building a massive maintenance center in Mex City, the article
read that they have built up their 3rd party business with south American airlines,
the story went on they were now focusing on noth American airlines business. I'am sure
it got lost in translation with American Airlines

More outsourcing coming. The MRO show is just around the corner and we don't have a JCBA. Yes sir Parker is setting up the dominoes to fall over when he is ready. I believe NAFTA started all this outsourcing of the heavies.

Wrong NAFTA came about way after Elizabeth Dole who was Reagan's Secretary of Transportation who changed FAR 145 to permit US owned and based airplanes to be overhauled at foreign MROs.

Years before NAFTA was ever thought of.

700UW said:
Wrong NAFTA came about way after Elizabeth Dole who was Reagan's Secretary of Transportation who changed FAR 145 to permit US owned and based airplanes to be overhauled at foreign MROs.

Years before NAFTA was ever thought of.
So why Doesn't Obama and his appointees to the DOT and FAA stop it while he is still el presidente?

Latest posts