New B717 flying for DL

A little background on our catering (food and bev)  Most larger stations use local catering.  I believe just some of smaller cities Delta provide's beverages depending on the flights they have because:
Flights under 900 miles Delta caters the a/c for roundtrip.
900-1500 miles the flights are catered on both ends
but on some 900-1500 flights some cities just have limited (food only) catering. 

And we (Delta) call clearers, Cabin service. 

BABABOOY said:
sorry everyone,  this statement caused me to get off track as to the 717.  
 I was just using an example as to why FRONTLINE input were NOT heavily Driven.(example stated)
Nothing wrong with that. The company taking something away (or changing it), only to give it back dressed up as an improvement is nothing new for either of us. But like I said earlier, I'm amazed at how fast your concerns were dismissed on here.

...And of course your points are still being blown off- only now we're onto local catering and what the term "cabin service" may mean at any given carrier.

BTW, AFAIK, the only places that do their own A/C cleaning are GRB & ANC. I'd be happy to be corrected, though...

Back to the 717 and 10C.  I believe because of this configuration they whole cart size changed because 
I don't believe a full size cart can make the turn.  So changing ALL the carts to 1/2 was the solution than to 
take out the seat.
I don't think it can, either.

700UW said:
I'm not talking about Cabin Service in cleaning, at US Dining and Cabin Services handles catering and work along with Inflight to handle catering and service procedures, it has nothing to do with cleaning

This is Delta Air Lines, not US Airways.

Josh

Wow did you use all your brain power to figure that out?

And learn to read the thread to see how the conversation took place.

You must be missing your bromance partner Tim

I remember them well back in 99 and 00 esp catering the Tristar and 76s  

I recently noticed DL flies the 717 one flight a day to ABE  when did they put the mainline jet back there?

robbed,
there are threads at time on this site with where DL is using the 717.

http://airlineroute.net/

It is worth tracking to keep up with the 717 if you are interested.

Dobb's House used to be DL's primary caterer. Obviously, there are multiple catering arrangements for DL and other carriers.

specific to the 717 topic, DL noted that it is retiring significant numbers of aircraft - which include the DCI fleet - and replacing them with larger aircraft, resulting in significant cost savings.

"On the fleet side, we put 22 new aircraft into service during the quarter which allowed us to retire older less efficient airplanes. This upgauging is producing meaningful operating leverage. For the June quarter, we produced 3% higher domestic capacity on almost 4% fewer departures.

"Going forward, our refleeting benefits will continue as we expect to retire an additional 47 aircraft in 2014 and another 80 to 90 in 2015. The refleeting is also the catalyst for a significant amount of maintenance savings, helping drive our maintenance expense down by more than $60 million for the quarter, as a result of more than 60 fewer airframe and engine events, primarily on regional jet. Not only have we avoided costly maintenance events on the aircraft that we’re retiring, we’re also able to harvest certain parts from retiring aircraft to reinvest in our active fleet at a lower cost."