New boarding policy

Senor Pelon

Aug 21, 2002
The new boarding pass policy will take effect September 10th for both airlines. Check Jetnet or Travel US.

I read on here somewhere that they are possibly giving us more D1's. Can anyone confirm? 

I heard the same thing, but have not seen it in writing yet. If and when I see the official thing, I will post it. Supposedly  the extra D1s will be effective Jan 1 2015.

Reactions: 1 person
Senor Pelon said:
I heard the same thing, but have not seen it in writing yet. If and when I see the official thing, I will post it. Supposedly  the extra D1s will be effective Jan 1 2015.
I figure it has to be at least two. 

Instead of more D1s, I would rather have ONE POSITIVE SPACE ROUND TRIP for me and my eligible dependents per year.

Instead of more D1s, I would rather have ONE POSITIVE SPACE ROUND TRIP for me and my eligible dependents per year.
Positive space seems like it would be worse yet. I would imagine there would have to be restrictions on when you can use them. There would be 10K employees wanting to use the on Christmas Eve or day before Thanksgiving...etc. AA would loose too much revenue if they did the positive space thing.

DFWFSC said:
Positive space seems like it would be worse yet. I would imagine there would have to be restrictions on when you can use them. There would be 10K employees wanting to use the on Christmas Eve or day before Thanksgiving...etc. AA would loose too much revenue if they did the positive space thing.
They could restrict holidays. I'm sure something could be worked out. Loss of revenue? Compared to what?  Employee concessions and pension freeze and loss FV's?

They could restrict holidays. I'm sure something could be worked out. Loss of revenue? Compared to what?  Employee concessions and pension freeze and loss FV's?
My guess would be that a lot of employees would want to use their positive space to Europe or Hawaii in the summer months when loads are already in the 90% load factor range. Don't think AA would want to loose hundreds of dollors on seats filled with employees. What if there were 500 DFW employees that wanted to go to HNL for a weekend. You think AA will fly two 767s to HNL for free/no revenue?

PMAA already restricts to downright shuts off non-rev travel on certain routes at certain times of the year.  Don't even think of trying to non-rev to whatever city is hosting the Super Bowl for a few days before and after the event.  Certain routes are automatically embargoed at Christmas and other major holiday periods.  (As in pretty much forget Europe in the summer.)  But, we are all made aware of this in advance.  If it just weren't for those cranky stockholders who expect AA to make a profit, we could non-rev anytime we wanted.  :lol:

I haven't heard of a route specific nonrev embargo, except for D3's or at a new city... is that a relatively new thing?

I read thru the questions and answers in Jetnet, and there is paragraph stating that starting Jan 1 2015, all retirees will receive 6 one way D1 for each eligible traveler. So its official.

Reactions: 1 person
When Delta and Northwest merged all employees recieved 1 roundtrip positive space ticket for employees and a companion. How nice that would be...

eolesen said:
I haven't heard of a route specific nonrev embargo, except for D3's or at a new city... is that a relatively new thing?
Now that you mention it, I think you're right.  But, they have put out warnings before, such as the Super Bowl cities, to all nonrevs.  Of course, that's just the fact that there ain't gonna be enough seats for the revenue passengers most likely; so, nonrevs getting on board is unlikely to "you must be jokin".

US years ago had a policy of rewarding employees who did not call in sick from Thanksgiving through New Years day.  You got one roundtrip space positive for you and others on your pass.  They controlled capacity by using the frequent flyer seat category. It only lasted a few years. 

AA had something similar when I first started in 2000.  I don't remember the details, but it was pos space passes for perfect attendance IIRC.  It was one of the first things they eliminated after 9/11.