New Here! Aviation lover from Nashville, Tennessee

MichaelBNA

Sep 18, 2006
Hello fellow aviation fans. As you can see I am new here. But the place I hail from isn't a stranger to the airline industry. I am a part of a photogrpahy group at BNA called "The Nashville Aviation Photographers". We are a mixed bag of typical blue-collar people and airline/BNA employees. I am of the blue-collar, non-airport employee nature. LOL!!! We get quite a few interesting jets and planes into Nashville from time to time. So spotting there is fun! my appreciation for aviation dates back to my childhood in a small town in Kentucky where I grew up. Watching the small Pipers and Beech's take off form a small strip in the cornfields.

I just wanted to say thanks for such an interesting site and if you have a minute, I have a great gallery of photos (over 300 of them actually) from the Public Observation Area at BNA and from the runways and ramps there. Take a look and tell me what you think. I look forward to some stimulating conversations in the future.

All the best,

Michael Davis

Here's the link... www.pbase.com/lexyky/nashville_international_airport

Hey thanks!

Funny you say you like that one as it has generated almost twice as many hits as the side profile pick of AF-1. LOL!! Thanks a lot though. I only started aviation photography in May, so it is still very new to me and I have still got a bunch to learn.

Michael

Hey thanks!

Funny you say you like that one as it has generated almost twice as many hits as the side profile pick of AF-1. LOL!! Thanks a lot though. I only started aviation photography in May, so it is still very new to me and I have still got a bunch to learn.

Michael

Okay, now I've gotta back and take another look. :D

[edited to say] Well I went back and that's still my favorite. I must admit that I didn't even notice it was AF-1. Maybe that's why you've had so many hits - people might be googling for pictures of Air Force One.

Okay, now I've gotta back and take another look. :D

[edited to say] Well I went back and that's still my favorite. I must admit that I didn't even notice it was AF-1. Maybe that's why you've had so many hits - people might be googling for pictures of Air Force One.

Perhaps. I have fielded a bunch of questions as to why there are so many USAF jets in Nashville. I just tell them it's due to Fort Campbell and the USAF base in Tullahoma. Plus, it's a good airport to rest and refuel at for cross-country missions. The all-white C-32B's are the most unique visitors though.

Nice pics!

How often (times a week) does China Airlines fly into BNA?

Also, any more pictures/links of Smyrna?

China Airlines flies here 6 times a week. Always in the early morning too.

Smyrna is a hard place to get pictures. But I do have a couple. there are a few PBase sites that have some older pics from there though. I have yet to get very far past the gates at that small airport.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Michael

Back