New...NUKE plant coming to Burke Georgia

joanne

Advanced
Nov 29, 2009
Anyone know where the "heck" Burke JOE-JA is ?
Thats where the newest NUKE(poison) Power plant will be built.

I don't care what president approves it, (and in this case it's BO and he's WRONG to do it) !!

Why you may ask ?

Oh, that's easy.

WHERE shall we store the NUKE WASTE ????????

Ever here of Google maps? Mapquest?

I don't care what president approves it, (and in this case it's BO and he's WRONG to do it) !!
Oh yeah? for a highly developed nation we are way behind on clean energy. Libbys want us to be like europe when it comes to socialized medicine....but not energy?
graf_an.gif

Maybe they are still stuck on that whole pinwheel-windmill solution, or light bulbs or something. How are we supposed to power all the liberal dream (electric) cars?

Why you may ask ?

Oh, that's easy.

FYI: Nuclear waste is government-created problem

France has 59 nuclear plants, which produce 80 percent of its energy—and it stores all its 30 years of nuclear waste beneath the floor of one room in Le Hague! France, Japan and other nations with nuclear plants recycle their spent nuclear fuel. To them, it is not nuclear “waste” but a resource. France even imports this resource from Italy (Caorso) and United Kingdom (Sellafield) for reprocessing, which recycles about 98 percent of the material in spent nuclear fuel rods.
Source: http://tinyurl.com/yzv65df

Theres a big misconception with nuclear waste that people have visions of mountain sized glowing ooze that will spill into their something or other. Fact is the waste generated is minute.

And for all I care, they can feed it to the bears!

I am all for some new plants. I have several friends who work at Nuclear Power Plants. They snapped up many of my fellow NWA striking AMT's.

I think the plants are the best long term solution to our nasty coal burning and gas fired plants.

Also, I see that your bias toward the south has not changed at all. When you complain about the republican bias all the time, then make the statements you do deriding the south, you remove any amount of credibility you had prior to typing your post.

Reactions: 1 person

Why you may ask ?

Oh, that's easy.

I hear New Hampshire has some pretty out of the way places where it could be stored and reprocessed.

I would also argue that the long term effects of coal fired plants to human health & to the environment far outweigh the risks of nulear power.

Once a gain the Liberals have created their own conundrum. Save the environment and eliminate green house gasses, but it order to do that you must build Nuclear Power Plants

Yet another shining example of the Liberal orthodoxy being inconsistent

I hear New Hampshire has some pretty out of the way places where it could be stored and reprocessed.

I would also argue that the long term effects of coal fired plants to human health & to the environment far outweigh the risks of nulear power.

Once a gain the Liberals have created their own conundrum. Save the environment and eliminate green house gasses, but it order to do that you must build Nuclear Power Plants

Yet another shining example of the Liberal orthodoxy being inconsistent

Sparrow,
Better sit down for the following.....................

BO is ......W R O N G to sign on to this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

airbud,
I notice that CANADA comes in at a mere 14.5%, .........5% LESS than the "good ol' usa" !

Last time I checked Canadian living was pretty darn good/clean (for the most part)
No hot weather/beaches of course, but then again there's always the Bahama's for fun in the sun.

Tech,
I should have worded it differently, to mean that it would be easier to bring to fruition a Nuke plant in a hard core Red state, as opposed to say Vermont, or Connecticut etc

So we eliminate coal and raise electrical prices through the roof...thats a solution?

The world sits by laughing at us while they run their nuclear power electric generation plants cheaply and safely.

Sparrow,

airbud,
I notice that CANADA comes in at a mere 14.5%, .........5% LESS than the "good ol' usa" !

Last time I checked Canadian living was pretty darn good/clean (for the most part)
No hot weather/beaches of course, but then again there's always the Bahama's for fun in the sun.

Tech,
I should have worded it differently, to mean that it would be easier to bring to fruition a Nuke plant in a hard core Red state, as opposed to say Vermont, or Connecticut etc

Not sure why anyone really bothers with your drivel, but the reason why Canada has less nuclear power plants is due to their substantial amount of their natural resources oil, coal., etc.

"Canada has considerable natural resources and is one of the world's largest producers and exporters of energy. In 2006, Canada produced 19.3 quadrillion British Thermal Units (Btu) of total energy, the fifth-largest amount in the world."

Source: http://tinyurl.com/bbtf7p

Obama will sign this in only to boost his pitiful public perception, but it will get squashed because of all he libtard greenie tree huggers will have a fit, and naturally he will cave or kick it down the road for the new administration in 2012.

So we eliminate coal and raise electrical prices through the roof...thats a solution?

The world sits by laughing at us while they run their nuclear power electric generation plants cheaply and safely.
I don't think I said we should eliminate coal; if you were referring to my post.

Not sure why anyone really bothers with your drivel, but the reason why Canada has less nuclear power plants is due to their substantial amount of their natural resources oil, coal., etc.

"Canada has considerable natural resources and is one of the world's largest producers and exporters of energy. In 2006, Canada produced 19.3 quadrillion British Thermal Units (Btu) of total energy, the fifth-largest amount in the world."

Source: http://tinyurl.com/bbtf7p

Obama will sign this in only to boost his pitiful public perception, but it will get squashed because of all he libtard greenie tree huggers will have a fit, and naturally he will cave or kick it down the road for the new administration in 2012.

Despite YOUR polls, care to gives us (just) the Initials of the "new" POTUS in 2012 ?

(Let me reply in advance to your reply.)

NO I didn't think you would/can !

Despite YOUR polls, care to gives us (just) the Initials of the "new" POTUS in 2012 ?

(Let me reply in advance to your reply.)

NO I didn't think you would/can !
How about Dick Cheney and Sarah Palin? Rush Limbaugh & Glenn Beck? That would really send the libbys into a seizure.

he will cave or kick it down the road for the new administration in 2012.
You were one of the ones predicting his loss in the last election.

You sound exactly like the naysayers of your god; Ronald Reagan, after his first year in office. You are parroting the same lines used then. Of course he was a loser, one term President...

Sparrow,

airbud,

Tech,

If it's that big of a problem for you , move to Canada. They already have their failing socialized, healthcare program in place. I'm sure you'd feel right at home...........eh !