New...NUKE plant coming to Burke Georgia

You were one of the ones predicting his loss in the last election.
I was hoping yes. That was my hope and change. All that is left is change in my pocket....thanks to people like you. Elections have consequences, fortunately people have awaken from hypnotic hopey changee dream and been slapped with reality with a pink slip.

You sound exactly like the naysayers of your god; Ronald Reagan, after his first year in office. You are parroting the same lines used then. Of course he was a loser, one term President...
Typical liberal garbage yet again. Your obviously way to young to know any of this, Reagan came in and cleaned up the mess your progressive liberal god Carter left behind. I dont recall anyone saying anything except "thank god" that we had Reagan and Carter was out. Hopefully we will have someone just as effective to clean up the mess your messiah Obama has left behind as well.

welcome-back-carter-politics-obama-president-marxist-taxes-d-demotivational-poster-1238820290.jpg

Your obviously way to young to know any of this

You obviously have no idea how old I am.

At the time, I was a member of the Republican party. You may be too young (or blinded) to know that Ronnie was a Democrat that jumped parties.

Reagan came in and cleaned up the mess your progressive liberal god Carter left behind. I dont recall anyone saying anything except "thank god" that we had Reagan and Carter was out. Hopefully we will have someone just as effective to clean up the mess your messiah Obama has left behind as well.

Now, back to my original post/thought:

Historically, presidents are rarely made or broken by their first year, and in that sense it is not a good barometer of how they will fare for reelection. Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush had splendid first years and enjoyed high popularity; they lost in landslides after a single term in office. By contrast, two-term presidents Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton had troubled first years and didn't hit their strides until much later. Source

You may want to keep your joy in check. History does tend to repeat itself...

Of course, you may be too young to know that. :rolleyes:

Clinton didn't hit his stride until he moved towards the center, which the "Annointed One" will not do, hence the one term he'll be serving.

The tech bubble helped Clinton more than anything! Of course with Al "Climate Change" Gore inventing the internet and all , it sealed the deal!

BTW.............sweating my ### off with all the snow here in Ga. !

You obviously have no idea how old I am.

At the time, I was a member of the Republican party. You may be too young (or blinded) to know that Ronnie was a Democrat that jumped parties.

Now, back to my original post/thought:

You may want to keep your joy in check. History does tend to repeat itself...

Of course, you may be too young to know that. :rolleyes:

One thing that is significantly different then back then is that we are in a deep recession (depression) and will be for a while due to Obama and the new administration. Its all on his shoulders and is expected to turn it around as he promised. It is painfully apparent to everyone that everything he does is hurting the economy and inhibiting economic/job growth.

If you somehow think that people are going to forget, you are sadly mistaken. People forget scandals, rumors, etc., they dont forget they lost their job, savings, homes, prosperity etc.

You forgot this reference in your cherry picking. http://tinyurl.com/yhg8jvd
75% Are Angry At Government’s Current Policies

Good luck in your rose colored world.

One thing that is significantly different then back then is that we are in a deep recession (depression) and will be for a while due to Obama and the new administration.

Do you have to make things up to have something to complain about?

MR. GREGORY: When is the recession over then?

MR. GREENSPAN: The recession is over. It bottomed back in the middle of last year. And while it doesn't have the strong momentum I had hoped it would have, strangely, because of the fact that we had such a strong fourth quarter, which was essentially using up a lot of the latent power of events, which was the gradual reduction in the rate of decline in inventories. We did it all in the fourth quarter, and we since--we shot our ammunition. So it's going to be a slow, trudging thing, but I do think we're going to be moving forward. And, as Hank says, the issue here is basically innovation. Innovation by definition is not forecastable, so we don't know where the jobs are coming from. We don't know how this market is exactly in terms of dynamics going to move forward. But we know that this process is under way, and there's every reason to believe that it will continue to do so.
Meet The Press Feb 7, 2010

The economy will experience very strong growth in 2010. The unemployment rate, which is a lagging economic indicator, will drop slightly in 2010, and continue that trend going into 2011. People will be happy with the direction the country has taken and re-elect your President.

Back to the topic of the thread:

I support building more nuclear power plants in my state.

Do you have to make things up to have something to complain about?

Meet The Press Feb 7, 2010

The economy will experience very strong growth in 2010. The unemployment rate, which is a lagging economic indicator, will drop slightly in 2010, and continue that trend going into 2011. People will be happy with the direction the country has taken and re-elect your President.

Back to the topic of the thread:

I support building more nuclear power plants in my state.
Haha what a joke, Mr rose colored glasses Greenspan has been wrong about everything so far. If the recession is over answer this? Why are people still losing jobs? Why are banks still failing? Why has the (economic building blocks) small business growth stalled? You think its bad now just wait, weve seen just the tip of the iceburg.

Bank bailout watchdog warns of commercial real estate crisis
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE61A0PV20100211

The commercial real estate market has fallen more than 40 percent from early 2007 and a wave of loan failures in the next few years could threaten the economy just as it struggles back to its feet, a report from the panel overseeing the $700 billion bank bailout said.

Might as well go back to talking about nuclear energy, because you have no idea what your talking about regarding the state of the economy.

If the recession is over answer this? Why are people still losing jobs? Why are banks still failing? Why has the (economic building blocks) small business growth stalled?

I guess I will have to post a definition of a lagging indicator for you to understand this simple concept in basic economics:

Lagging Indicators

Definition

Economic and financial-market indicators which tend to change only after an economy has already changed, or has begun to follow a particular pattern or trend. They trail behind (usually by six months) the overall economic cycle instead of moving with it (as coincident indicators do) or moving ahead of it (as leading indicators do). Major lagging indicators include the unemployment rate, outstanding consumer loans, outstanding business loans [read bank failures] business spending, business profits, book value of business inventories, unit labor costs, and consumer price index (CPI).
link

I guess I will have to post a definition of a lagging indicator for you to understand this simple concept in basic economics:

Lagging Indicators

Definition

link
Basic liberal (embarrassing) fantasy land economics is what you meant. Just like the term "jobless recovery". It isn't a recovery without job growth.

I support more Nuklear Plants, Clean Coal Technology, T. Boone Pickens plan to have all Semi's running on natural gas, Drilling now and Drilling Deep, and working on Green Energy on the side ! :shock: Oh..............and building more refinerys !

http://www.pickensplan.com/act/thankyou.php

jesus southwind,.................better "hold on TIGHT", cause' I too believe in clean coal, and T-Boone.
Especially T-Boone !