New...NUKE plant coming to Burke Georgia

How can a committed environmentalist work in the aviation industry?
There is ‘absolutely’ nothing that is green or environmentally friendly.
Airlines are one of the biggest environmental offenders.
:lol:

Dell,

There is a lot of murder and mayhem as well. That does not mean we should add to it. There are safer and cleaner methods of power available that have not been researched. hey need to be explored first before we invest in a power source that is as dirty as nukes

xUT,

I do not think that the aviation industry is un-green or environmentally unfriendly. Yes planes cause pollution but they cause less per person flown than if that person were to travel by car or other mode of transportation.

I am not so naive to believe that we should all just stay home and not travel. Our society and the world rely on transportation. Since it is required, I see no reason not to do it efficiently. Flying a plane load of people along with cargo is more efficient than driving. Given time constraints on top of that, it make very good sense to me.

By the way, American fired me so I am no longer in the airline industry.

Valid point but I thin it does less damage underground then above. Leaving it where it is an investing in alternate power sources to alleviate grief down line. Besides, it costs a lot of money to find the oil, extract it and refine it.

Dell,

There is a lot of murder and mayhem as well. That does not mean we should add to it. There are safer and cleaner methods of power available that have not been researched. hey need to be explored first before we invest in a power source that is as dirty as nukes

xUT,

I do not think that the aviation industry is un-green or environmentally unfriendly. Yes planes cause pollution but they cause less per person flown than if that person were to travel by car or other mode of transportation.

I am not so naive to believe that we should all just stay home and not travel. Our society and the world rely on transportation. Since it is required, I see no reason not to do it efficiently. Flying a plane load of people along with cargo is more efficient than driving. Given time constraints on top of that, it make very good sense to me.

By the way, American fired me so I am no longer in the airline industry.

Guess you never heard of depleted uranium ballast or any of the extremely toxic composite compounds or highly carcinogen laden coatings huh?

Yes I have and it is my belief that if the money currently invested in R&D for the 100 plus year old combustion engine were put into alternative resources we would not have to worry about that. Mean while why not at least use NG as an alternative? OH my bad, oil companies would not be making as much money and the ME would go toes up without all our cash supporting them and their terrorist friends. This who game smells like a money run from head to toe.

My my....did that place freeze over today?
I have to say 777...I feel about the same on this as you.
About the only thing I found that is used is natural gas fired turbines that we import some gas. I'm sure there are some fuel fired plants but I don't think very many at all.At least not enough to 'cut our dependence on foreign oil'.
Producing our own supplies would help that....But noooo.....

Around 23% of our power is generated by natural gas fueled power plants. The USA imports about 15% of its natural gas. Most of that comes from Canada, something I'm not going to lose sleep over.

You know what's funny about Hawaii not allowing nuclear power plants? The US Navy has around twelve nuclear powered fast attack submarines based at Pearl Harbor. Anytime a USN aircraft carrier goes on a West Pac it will stop off in Hawaii on the way and coming back from that cruise. Can you say irony?

Latest posts