New Pay Raises for Crews

Blog authors are a bit clueless, in that they allude to AA workers leaving to go work for competitors. Anyone who knows the industry would realize that AA employees aren't going anywhere. They won't start all over at the bottom of the seniority scale, certainly not for a couple bucks an hour at the top of scale.

I agree with your seniority comment. I wouldn't leave AA MIA to go to SWA FLL if I was going to go to the bottom of the seniority list even if they offered me an extra $10,000 per year just to start, much less starting the wage scale over again.

BUT this is also a fact that needs to be faced and how you lure talent into your Company. Candy Floss, Toffee Apples and Clowns aren't going to cut it against cash. Also raises (should) hopefully in theory produce a happier worker that (should) translate to better customer service, (should)

http://m.atwonline.com/opinions/analysis-regional-airline-ceo-says-pilot-shortage-getting-serious

Oh, please. People applying for entry level jobs aren't comparing contracts and corporate cultures.

99.99% are simply happy to get called up for an interview, and will jump at the first job offered to them.

Likewise, when you're hiring 10+ people and have hundreds of applicants, all you care about are finding people who can pass a drug and background check, which usually has nothing to do with their long term potential and capability.

Oh, please. People applying for entry level jobs aren't comparing contracts and corporate cultures.

99.99% are simply happy to get called up for an interview, and will jump at the first job offered to them.

Likewise, when you're hiring 10+ people and have hundreds of applicants, all you care about are finding people who can pass a drug and background check, which usually has nothing to do with their long term potential and capability.

E you're not noticing that I agreed with you about the people applying for entry level (low education) positions. The difference being Pilots and maybe Mechanics who might do that research. Pilots absolutely. Mechanics may just be happy to get on with a Major Airline if it's near the area they live which could mean anyone?

For the Ramp you're right. But I think they're getting a little stricter on their hiring criteria? Rumor has it they may even be looking for people who have a Bachelors degree for our job now? The requirement still says High School or GED though. And no I've never implied that we (myself included) are a group of Rocket Scientists. But honestly I've met plenty of the so called educated who aren't either.

Edit: I posted something somewhere on the Pilot shortages so that's what I meant when I mentioned luring talent and want to make that a little clearer.

Last edited: