New Pay Raises for Crews

IMG_2601.PNG

BTW E. It seems like the Market got over their little temper tantrum on April 27 pretty quickly. Do you know if maybe something happened between now and then to make them forget so fast?

Oh and E since you mentioned good old WT, I seem to recall you arguing with that cat all the time when he wanted to display how marvelous and wonderful his mistress was against your AA mistress before the BK and Parker coup. I guess if he was around now you two would be golfing buddies instead huh.

Last edited:
Yup the ignore button definitely cleaned up the fprum!

I guess not for you it didn't if you believe I'm saying you should buy AAL.

I bought LCC (USair) and held. And held all my AAL until I chose to sell some last October.

Sorry if I bet you didn't. Your loss. :(

I think AA bought back too many shares and should have had more of a mix of that and paying down some of the debt even if their debt is low interest.

dl had some news today, they are boosting their dividend 50% ($1.22 per share) and have committed $5 billion to buying back their shares by 2020, atop whatever is left of their previous buy-back program.

to me, this buttresses my opinion that the dl wage train has indeed stopped, for at least a few years.

for dl: their current total debt is at $9.25 billion. dl's cash on hand is $2.65 billion.

for aa: their current total debt is at $24.5 billion. aa's cash on hand is $6.7 billion.

dl has 735 million shares outstanding. short term; 2017-2020, dl is planning on returning $5 billion on share buybacks (atop whatever is left of previous buyback program) and apprx. $2.3-$2.5 billion in dividend payments.

so, say apprx. $7.5 billion, at the very least, back to shareholders in next 3 years. dl must know something that parker says...the industry has changed. i doubt dl anticipates earning $7.5 billion the next 3 years, where they will give all their profits away.

short term looks very bullish per dl, parker says short term and long term look great.

i believe aa and dl spend burn 4 billion gallons of jet fuel per year. if jet fuel costs drop .10 cents in a year, that's $400 million in profit out of nowhere. these guys pray at the altar of the shale oil revolution.

dl had some news today, they are boosting their dividend 50% ($1.22 per share) and have committed $5 billion to buying back their shares by 2020, atop whatever is left of their previous buy-back program.

to me, this buttresses my opinion that the dl wage train has indeed stopped, for at least a few years.

for dl: their current total debt is at $9.25 billion. dl's cash on hand is $2.65 billion.

for aa: their current total debt is at $24.5 billion. aa's cash on hand is $6.7 billion.

dl has 735 million shares outstanding. short term; 2017-2020, dl is planning on returning $5 billion on share buybacks (atop whatever is left of previous buyback program) and apprx. $2.3-$2.5 billion in dividend payments.

so, say apprx. $7.5 billion, at the very least, back to shareholders in next 3 years. dl must know something that parker says...the industry has changed. i doubt dl anticipates earning $7.5 billion the next 3 years, where they will give all their profits away.

short term looks very bullish per dl, parker says short term and long term look great.

i believe aa and dl spend burn 4 billion gallons of jet fuel per year. if jet fuel costs drop .10 cents in a year, that's $400 million in profit out of nowhere. these guys pray at the altar of the shale oil revolution.

LMAO. If I didn't (of course) know better I'd swear Delta put out this news because they were reading this thread. LMAO.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/de...k-program-2017-05-11?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

Crema most of these people who are so focused on believing that they're Airline experts aren't focusing on dynamics going on outside our industry.

The American shale revolution is transforming the World completely. Even all these green energy renewable initiatives are bringing down the demand for oil in Countries that have programs up and running.

From reading on some of the articles on how those shale wells work they're easy to reopen if they've been shut down temporarily due to cost restraints of oil prices being too low to support the investments. But all those shale companies are consolidating and bringing their costs to produce down.

OPEC just does not have the power to control the market any more like they used to. And they're never going to have that ability to hold us hostage again.

And even though I'm not a fan of the guy if somehow, someway the Trump Administration can get some type of Tax reform passed, look out!!!!!

http://www.barrons.com/articles/can...94511824?mod=yahoobarrons&ru=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

OPEC to U.S.: Please don't pump so much oil!

The cartel has in the past fought fiercely for its market share. Starting in 2014, it pumped relentlessly in order to squeeze higher cost American producers.

The strategy pushed prices well below $30 per barrel and forced many U.S. producers to scale back in 2015 and 2016.

But it had a disastrous effect on the government budgets of OPEC members, forcing them to implement austerity measures.

It also forced U.S. producers to become more efficient, and they can now withstand much lower prices than just a few years ago. Analysts at UBS estimate that U.S. producers can now make money as long as prices remain above $40 per barrel, down from $65 in early 2014.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/11/investing/opec-oil-u-s-supply/index.html

And this is for anyone who wants to just count themselves as a burgeoning Airline expert and not read up into other areas that might effect their supposed expertise.

https://www.eia.gov/analysis/

Last edited:
Weasels is apparently taking on the lead cheerleader void left by WT's forced departure.

The fact is that all of the Big Four succeed because of their market position. Parker didn't build that --- 20 and 30 years of previous activity did. HP's contribution to that compared to AA and even US? PHX, which is probably the least profitable of AA's hubs due to the 40-50% overlap AA shares with WN.

The biggest levers on profitability (i.e. variables) are the economy, oil prices, and natural events (e.g. hurricanes, winter storms, volcanos). The only true controllable factors are capital spending and labor costs. That's why you've seen the reaction from some on the issue of the raises. AA spent a lot of employee goodwill when they cut pensions and labor costs, and yes, it showed in their financials. WN, DL and even UA have been much smarter about this by sharing the company's good fortunes as they occur, vs. increasing overall costs for the foreseeable future.

The biggest place the CEO makes a difference is on setting the tone for how the company works with each other internally, and the product offering to its customers. I don't know anyone who will say that labor

%-10 yearsrelations are all that much better today than they were before the merger. Maybe some of the pilots think so because USAPA is gone, but that wasn't something the CEO influenced.

Customers? Many of the people I know who were top tier on AA have fled, and the recent stories about cutting the size of the F cabin and going to 30" seats doesn't help matters.

Praise Parker if you wish, but being able to Google a few headlines isn't what analysts do. You look at all the data, and right now, AA is proposing to add to its permanent costs in a pretty big way. And it won't surprise me to see another bankruptcy filing within 5-10 years because they went for the labor equivalent of gastric bypass surgery in 2012 and then started eating everything in sight again...
Weasels is apparently taking on the lead cheerleader void left by WT's forced departure.

The fact is that all of the Big Four succeed because of their market position. Parker didn't build that --- 20 and 30 years of previous activity did. HP's contribution to that compared to AA and even US? PHX, which is probably the least profitable of AA's hubs due to the 40-50% overlap AA shares with WN.

The biggest levers on profitability (i.e. variables) are the economy, oil prices, and natural events (e.g. hurricanes, winter storms, volcanos). The only true controllable factors are capital spending and labor costs. That's why you've seen the reaction from some on the issue of the raises. AA spent a lot of employee goodwill when they cut pensions and labor costs, and yes, it showed in their financials. WN, DL and even UA have been much smarter about this by sharing the company's good fortunes as they occur, vs. increasing overall costs for the foreseeable future.

The biggest place the CEO makes a difference is on setting the tone for how the company works with each other internally, and the product offering to its customers. I don't know anyone who will say that labor relations are all that much better today than they were before the merger. Maybe some of the pilots think so because USAPA is gone, but that wasn't something the CEO influenced.

Customers? Many of the people I know who were top tier on AA have fled, and the recent stories about cutting the size of the F cabin and going to 30" seats doesn't help matters.

Praise Parker if you wish, but being able to Google a few headlines isn't what analysts do. You look at all the data, and right now, AA is proposing to add to its permanent costs in a pretty big way. And it won't surprise me to see another bankruptcy filing within 5-10 years because they went for the labor equivalent of gastric bypass surgery in 2012 and then started eating everything in sight again...
5-10 years you really think that ? or is the Weez toying with your emotions

Maybe a few decent valuable individuals were let go or removed during the great Parker purge and for them I'm sorry. But maybe on a purely philosophical level those people needed to go?

You've clearly not so much as even one functioning brain cell in your skull. Countless paragraphs or even full treatises reviewing your mindless postings could follow that obvious observation, but your pom-pom flourishing of Parker and "purely philosophical level" pretty much says it all as a stand-alone joke. ;)

Unlike you kid: 33 years airline experience, starting with Eastern before lorenzo's stench arrived and infested the then great airline, and I of course bailed in proper disgust for then saner pastures. Subsequent "mergers" aplenty afterwards/seen-the-movie/got-the-T-shirts....and you've not the slightest clue of what you're braying on about. Parker on his very best day's historically nothing more than a wannabe Lorenzo.

The best question to ask about non-contracted pay raises is why/how did the "culture" become so toxic that such a thing even became thinkable to do?...Especially in such a short time frame post merger(s)? Hint: "Goodness" of spirit played no even conceivable part, not even "on a purely philosophical level". One must first be equipped with a philosophy exceeding "It's ALL about MEEE!" for such to even be at all possible. Oh well....perhaps we're just seeing the product of a brand-name-new (American) Parker, somehow magically and recently washed in the blood of the lamb and having undergone some profound spirtual/"philosophical" epiphany? ;)

Last edited:
You've clearly not so much as even one functioning brain cell in your skull. Countless paragraphs or even full treatises reviewing your mindless postings could follow that obvious observation, but your pom-pom flourishing of Parker and "purely philosophical level" pretty much says it all as a stand-alone joke. ;)

Unlike you kid: 33 years airline experience, starting with Eastern before lorenzo's stench arrived and infested the then great airline, and I of course bailed in proper disgust for then saner pastures. Subsequent "mergers" aplenty afterwards/seen-the-movie/got-the-T-shirts....and you've not the slightest clue of what you're braying on about. Parker on his very best day's historically nothing more than a wannabe Lorenzo.

The best question to ask about non-contracted pay raises is why/how did the "culture" become so toxic that such a thing even became thinkable to do?...Especially in such a short time frame post merger(s)? Hint: "Goodness" of spirit played no even conceivable part, not even "on a purely philosophical level". One must first be equipped with a philosophy exceeding "It's ALL about MEEE!" for such to even be at all possible. Oh well....perhaps we're just seeing the product of a brand-name-new (American) Parker, somehow magically and recently washed in the blood of the lamb and having undergone some profound spirtual/"philosophical" epiphany? ;)

Talk about ramblings. FYI you never worked for AA in your career so you have zero clue to make a comparison to your personal emotional rants regarding the Arpey years. Terrible years.

But Parker is Lorenzo? Jeez why don't you call the guy Hitler or the Devil too while you're at it? SMH.

I don't know who Parker is and frankly could give an RA. You can focus on that crap that you're sad Boo Hoo toxic stamping feet if you want. I'll focus on the direction of the Airline and my own personal financially security instead.

Good luck to you though. Hope your Uniforms aren't making you itchy.

Please , can you give examples of a wanna be Lorenzo?

Yup that's what in thinking, 5 to 10 years. Either oil or pissed off employees will push them over the edge. The only difference will be that all assets have been SOLD and leased back. The only thing remaing will be all that "good debt" (19 billion worth) and 5 billion in cash. Hello PBGC! Now we can dump the pensions!

Yup that's what in thinking, 5 to 10 years. Either oil or pissed off employees will push them over the edge. The only difference will be that all assets have been SOLD and leased back. The only thing remaing will be all that "good debt" (19 billion worth) and 5 billion in cash. Hello PBGC! Now we can dump the pensions!

In 5 to 10 years the Company will have transitioned out all of you miserable individuals that couldn't be happy even if they sought professional counciling and meditated for an hour a day to New Age music with scented candles and they'll sail along just fine.

Hopefully an acceptable buyout package that can be written off will shake you rotting apples from the tree and the new fertilizer (employees) will make the tree strong and shine over time?

It's really time for people like you to move on now. You're infecting the roots man.