New Pay Raises for Crews

Bully Bully for you then. Thumbs up.

Kind of you kid, but not my point, which was more to suggest reasonable thought on just how toxic a corporate "culture" must become in so incredibly short a time post-merger for the founders of such to feel any need to throw any pay raise at all out? Hint: I'm guessing from a decade's history with this management that the proverbial milk of human kindness and any thoughts of "the right thing to do" played precious little part. Even in now-long-ago undergrad business school we had initial classes in "Labor-Management Relations" that were properly and derisively referred to as "Lie, Cheat and Steal 101." I'd venture further, but you seem clearly and deeply immersed in some strange fantasy that you somehow see the bigger picture....and how's that working out for all the good folks still struggling to get current management to even close a contract with them at all?

Less-than-benevolent Management always laughs loudest when the unwashed proletariat mindlessly mumble about such things as global oil prices/future trends/the next ice age/global warming/whatever/etc, instead of focusing on the real and immediate. The consciously contrived manipulation/distraction/befuddlement of "useful idiots" is actually taught in school ...just saying. If you feel you've some strange reasons for wearing blinders where Parker et al's concerned because of your "purely" American Airlines heritage, well...have fun with that and good luck.

Last edited:
Less-than-benevolent Management always laughs loudest when the unwashed proletariat mindlessly mumble about such things as global oil prices

but they nod their heads in collective agreement when the immaculate bourgeois knows that $50 oil equates to middle of contract pay raises for the pilots. $115 oil means no leap-frogging.

that is the real and the immediate.

but they nod their heads in collective agreement when the immaculate bourgeois knows that $50 oil equates to middle of contract pay raises for the pilots. $115 oil means no leap-frogging.

that is the real and the immediate.

I don't want to respond to angry fly boy anymore. As for me and of course not everything in life is perfect (Oh my God they pay us to work and they're the Bosses)

Forgetting the dramatic wage increases we've gotten from where I'm working the only thing the horrible bastards changed for the worse is I have to put more chocks on the airplane and those rubber buggers are heavy.

I haven't seen management bust balls in over a year and a half where I work. Now my Local might want to take credit for that but even if good dialogue is being accepted between both sides it's still up to management to modify their approach to their workforce.

Honestly I've started to get a little miffed at their kill me with kindness now schtick. I'm not a nice guy I keep telling them and they keep saying "Yes you are"

They don't want to freakin believe me.

yeah, i personally apologize for not knowing more about the lus east x hp west dispute/parker...so, he has his history with parker. i'm not familiar with that at all, though i have my own issues with seniority too. i can't say east x west, it's more like company x occupational. aa fueling, eagle, amr, building cleaners, cabin, sky chef x piedmont and psa.

i thought albert was captain us air, looks like another, and he could be an actual captain.

yeah, i personally apologize for not knowing more about the lus east x hp west dispute/parker...so, he has his history with parker. i'm not familiar with that at all, though i have my own issues with seniority too. i can't say east x west, it's more like company x occupational. aa fueling, eagle, amr, building cleaners, cabin, sky chef x piedmont and psa.

i thought albert was captain us air, looks like another, and he could be an actual captain.

These people focus way too much for my tastes on these CEO's as people instead of focusing on more important items like how's their own personal financial security doing and is the foundation of their house firm. They're too easily distracted with all the emotional nonsense.

Reactions: diamondcutter
Hey E are you floating around out there? Late breaking news.

Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc (BRKa.N) on Monday said it added to its sizable investments in American Airlines Group Inc (AAL.O) and Southwest Airlines Co (LUV.N), and shed its stake in Twenty-First Century Fox Inc (FOXA.O).

In a regulatory filing, Berkshire said that in the first quarter its American stake grew 8 percent to 49.3 million shares worth $2.08 billion, while its Southwest stake grew 10 percent to 47.7 million shares worth $2.57 billion.

Berkshire also shed 8 percent of its holdings in Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL.N), ending March with 55 million shares worth $2.53 billion.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN18B2LH

Reactions: diamondcutter
imagine that, buffett owns 10% of aa. i guarantee you the pressure is on for aa...aal on the clock for doubling the dividend.

i believe aa presents at an investor's conference next week...we will get more company news/numbers. more good news could see aal at $50 next week.

oops...make that this thursday and next week:

- derek kerr on thursday at bank of america/merrill lynch transportation conference

- isom next tuesday at wolfe research transportation conference

Last edited:
imagine that, buffett owns 10% of aa. i guarantee you the pressure is on for aa...aal on the clock for doubling the dividend.

i believe aa presents at an investor's conference next week...we will get more company news/numbers. more good news could see aal at $50 next week.

oops...make that this thursday and next week:

- derek kerr on thursday at bank of america/merrill lynch transportation conference

- isom next tuesday at wolfe research transportation conference

I'm not sure if the Market is going to listen to any of the Airline executives? They're just so scared rabbit shy still when it comes to airline stocks that it may still take a few more years before they realize the clouds have passed for the industry finally (Barring your standard Nuclear War of course)

I just wish it would get through to all the Chicken Littles we work with to start. Maybe they can't get over that Stockholm Syndrome as a friend of mine who reads here tells me they have? (Maybe he's right)

Hey E are you floating around out there? Late breaking news.

Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc (BRKa.N) on Monday said it added to its sizable investments in American Airlines Group Inc (AAL.O) and Southwest Airlines Co (LUV.N), and shed its stake in Twenty-First Century Fox Inc (FOXA.O).

In a regulatory filing, Berkshire said that in the first quarter its American stake grew 8 percent to 49.3 million shares worth $2.08 billion, while its Southwest stake grew 10 percent to 47.7 million shares worth $2.57 billion.

Berkshire also shed 8 percent of its holdings in Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL.N), ending March with 55 million shares worth $2.53 billion.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN18B2LH
Give E a break Weaz, he's probably miffed that Buffet invested in a unionized airline.

I'm not sure if the Market is going to listen to any of the Airline executives?

well, with a market cap of over 50% LESS than dl...i think kerr or isom can sneeze and the stock will go up. any good news from these guys presenting at these investor conferences will be a catalyst to move up.

the fact that buffett sold shares of dl before their recent news of a 50% dividend hike and $5 billion stock buy-back program was made public, shows that at least some people follow SEC rules.

with aa worth 50% less than dl and worth less than even ua, aal stock has a much higher short term ceiling. to me, this is legit and parker's gripe. i definitely feel that aa will do something with the dividend...we are down to 490 million shares from ipo of 755 million. nearly to the point of doubling the dividend in 2017, costing as much as original dividend payments after the ipo a few years ago.

Because of the likes of E the Passengers Service Agents at LAA voted in a union

Actually the fact that even through Management meddling and interference the first vote was only shot down by a lousy 150 people or so should have told people like E that there was a toxic corporate culture that existed at his old AA. But people like him will always continue to deny the facts anyway.

To Parkers credit the CWA organizers were told by him that the new AA would stay out of their vote to choose. And he was told there was anti union campaign material still up on bulletin boards and if he meant what he said all of that would be taken down. He lived up to his word and it was all taken down the next day.

TOTALLY the opposite of what Delta management does to keep the Unions out.

And this from the #1 Richest man in the World, Bill Gates.

Bill's life tips
  1. Intelligence takes many different forms. It is not one-dimensional. And not as important as I used to think.

2. I have one big regret: When I left school, I knew little about the world’s worst inequities. Took me decades to learn.

3. You know more than I did when I was your age. You can start righting inequity, whether down the street or around the world, sooner.”

4. Surround yourself with people who challenge you, teach you, and push you to be your best self. As @MelnindaGates does for me.”

5. Like Warren Buffet, I measure my happiness by whether people close to me are happy and love me, and by the difference I make for others.

6. If I could give each of you a graduation present, it would be this - the most inspiring book I’ve ever read (Steven Pinker The Better Angels Of Our Nature Why Violence Has Declined).”

7. This is the most peaceful time in human history. That matters because if you think the world is getting better, you want to spread the progress to more people and places. It doesn’t mean you ignore the serious problems we face. It just means you believe they can be solved. This if the core of my worldview. It sustains me in tough times and is the reason I love my work. I think it can do the same for you.

8. This is an amazing time to be alive. I hope you make the most of it.

E it was ultimately the "secured creditors" who accepted the Parker plan over the "Cornerstone plan" The secured creditors are the actual owners of the Airline, not any of the managers who work for them.

Incorrect. How's that saying go? Better that everyone think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Secured creditors are not allowed to vote on a Ch 11 Plan of Reorganization, as they're presumed to consent to the plan. Secured creditors are not the "owners" in a bankruptcy proceeding.

Unsecured creditors are the "actual owners" of the airline in bankruptcy. The only votes tallied in a Ch 11 bankruptcy are the unsecured creditors' votes.

And why wouldn't the unsecured creditors (Which includes contractual employees) in hindsight be very satisfied with the Parker plan?

The equity granted to all unsecured creditors if not cashed out immediately more than made up for the losses in court.

As an unsecured creditor employee what was issued to me in equity was over double its issued value when I cashed it in. And so far I've seen a dramatic over 40% rise in my wages which has also increased my value going in to my 401k (including my percentage match) and my Social Security investment. And we still have more to come when we get a JCBA. (None of this would have occurred under the "Cornerstone Plan")

Everything may be unicorns and rainbows among the fleet service crowd in Miami, but you probably aren't as familiar with the pilots' dissatisfaction with current management. Thanks to their foolishness, they traded away most of the profit sharing offered to them instead of demanding more profit sharing and contractual increases. Many of them are envious of the Delta employees and the huge profit sharing checks they have enjoyed for the last several years. Yes, Parker did reward them somewhat with recent increases, but Delta pilots have earned profit sharing checks of $30,000 to $60,000 a year since DL turned the corner and became wildly profitable.

Since the merger I've been able to take advantage of perfecting my credit and score, investing in a low interest mortgage, a low interest auto loan and now an entertainment system that I paid cash for.

That's really impressive. We're all very proud.

Reactions: FrugalFlyerv2.0
Incorrect. How's that saying go? Better that everyone think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Secured creditors are not allowed to vote on a Ch 11 Plan of Reorganization, as they're presumed to consent to the plan. Secured creditors are not the "owners" in a bankruptcy proceeding.

Unsecured creditors are the "actual owners" of the airline in bankruptcy. The only votes tallied in a Ch 11 bankruptcy are the unsecured creditors' votes.

Everything may be unicorns and rainbows among the fleet service crowd in Miami, but you probably aren't as familiar with the pilots' dissatisfaction with current management. Thanks to their foolishness, they traded away most of the profit sharing offered to them instead of demanding more profit sharing and contractual increases. Many of them are envious of the Delta employees and the huge profit sharing checks they have enjoyed for the last several years. Yes, Parker did reward them somewhat with recent increases, but Delta pilots have earned profit sharing checks of $30,000 to $60,000 a year since DL turned the corner and became wildly profitable.

That's really impressive. We're all very proud.

Well thank you for the correction of my confusion then. So you're saying as one of the unsecured creditors that I owned the Airline to do with as I saw fit. Excellent then also. My vote was tallied and accepted. The Parker plan over the Cornerstone plan BY FAR!!!

Page 19 down.

https://turnaround.org/cmaextras/Carl-Marks-Competition-American-Airlines.pdf