new routes out of LAX

robbedagain

Veteran
Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
beginning in Oct  according to the company news letter, CRJ-900 service LAX- SAT,  LAX-YEG, and LAX-YVR,  and American's 737-800 LAX-TPA     53 Domestic and International routes out of LAX  

Reactions: 1 person
not sure if DL still does TPA  but I doubt they do any more.  

E  I think HP may have done it at one time but not 100 percent sure  but didn't UAL do that run before?

They still do, and I did a fare check for leaving Saturday and coming back in July and it was over $900!

Delta flies LAX-TPA daily, reduced to 5w on shoulder seasons.

American last flew LAX-SAT in 2008, daily MD80.

Look forward to see what else is ahead - there's plenty more coming at LAX.

Reactions: 1 person
no one said anything about domination.

somehow I doubt that DL became interested in LAX-YVR just because they will have some E175s sitting around for Christmas.

maybe DL will do more with the route than just the winter holidays; maybe not. Given that AA just announced LAX-YVR, DL's timing is, um, interesting.

there is a competitive reaction to many actions that are made in the industry, including AA's decision to put one of its new 772ERs on the DFW-SCL route, coincidentally as UA announces new/restarted service to SCL.

Who cares what DL is doing as a limited response?

Feel free to post that over in the DL forum. I'm sure the three or four people still reading over there will be excited.

Reactions: 5 people
AA had announced SCL on the new 772, and had it loaded in the system for July start back in January of this year, but due to delays in implementing the new 2 class configuration it was postponed. Don't let the facts get in your way, wt.

Reactions: 2 people
I am aware of that and do remember.

doesn't hurt that the new aircraft has a couple dozen more seats on it now that UA has decided to reenter the market, does it.

Suppose the other days of the week will come too?

according to the latest OAG release, AA is ending LAX-PBI so the LAX-TPA only reflects a repositioned route.

AA is also reducing fall seasonal frequencies on several LAX and MIA routes

This is exactly the kind of thing that other airlines have done and that have resulted in significantly improved financial results; AA is doing more of it and it is good to see them managing their network to obtain a higher level of profitability as supply and demand are better matched.

Delta loaded LAXYVR into GDS about one week before AA announced LAXYVR, if anything it was AA "reacting" to DL.

AA is not discontinuing LAXPBI. The route won't operate for the shoulder season September/October and daily service resumes November 6th, same day LAXTPA begins.

Reactions: 2 people