New Tax Law Takes Effect

Everyone has a different deduction rate.
So one will get more or less than another.
I see approximately $180.00 a month more based on 26 paychecks a year.
Don't forget the standard deductions have gone up and some have doubled. So your getting more every pay check and more to deduct next year when you file. If it was the other way around I'm sure guys would be screaming if they had to pay $50.00 more in taxes. Take what you can and be happy. Can't please everyone but at least most are getting more money in their paychecks.

Ok, so this paycheck is suppose to be the one we see a difference in the New Tax Law.
After comparing this paycheck I am to receive on 2-23 to the one deposited on 1-26,
I grossed the same amount on a 80 hour pay period. My difference in take home is a plus $126.
Now, is this just a tax adjustment, or can I expect an additional $252 monthly on a 80 hours x 2.
I'm gonna guess it was an adjustment for the whole month of Feb and in reality $63 extra per
80 hours is my real tax savings...
63 whole dollars extra take home per 80 hours of work! At last, Mother can have that operation. May I assume that you are not a member of that 1% who are getting 90% of the tax cut?

Last edited:
I agree they are not friends of labor. At least labor is waking up as shown in the recent special election where they tipped the scales back to a truly labor friendly candidate.

Because those 8 years of Obama and all the labor friendly Dems was sooooo good for us..wait, what?

Because those 8 years of Obama and all the labor friendly Dems was sooooo good for us..wait, what?

Better for labor than what is in there now. Don't worry it looks like he might not be in there much longer after he came unhinged on twitter again this morning.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...ylvania-election-results-2018-analysis-217360

Labor did play a big part in Lamb's apparent win and I would expect labor to play a big part in November. BTW there were at least 100 congressional districts that voted for trump by less of a margin than he won in Lamb's district in 2016. Democrats only need to win 69 to make it worse of a loss than Democrats had under Obama in 2010 and 24 seats to take control. I will take those odds. I don't expect the hardcore kool aid drinkers to change their minds, but most independents, and many of the union members who did not bother to vote in 2016, appear to be 'woke' and ready to vote. There will be a Democratic Speaker even if it is not Pelosi come next year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/15/trump-is-making-it-easier-for-democrats-to-win-the-midterms.html

And trump is probably making it easier for Democrats to at least hold what they have in the Senate when the GOP should be picking up seats, although they I really hope we pick up at least two there. After we won in Alabama anything is possible :)

Boy I’m surprised the OP (Absent) didn’t ask for this thread to be closed down like he did the Fleet thread when he took his ball and went home?

Anyway who’s going to say that they personally don’t like or want a Tax cut?

Latest posts