Newt...is Furious,

I am not even close to a fan of Newt Gingrich, but brother when he nails it, he nails it. Juan Williams got his entire ass ground into hamburger and handed to him on a silver platter. WATCH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4c1-22w2G7M

One of the things I've noticed is the Republicans are far more combative with the MSM than ever before. Anyone else noticed this?

If you actually listen to what he has said on that subject he comes across as a condesending bigot.

If you actually listen to what he has said on that subject he comes across as a condesending bigot.

Oh I listened to it. Watched it actually and you left out Arrogant.

So what we had was one (Newt) Condescending Arrogant Bigot schooling another Condescending Arrogant Bigot (Williams). Old Juan Williams looked like he was going to cry after Newt skewered him. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Truth is that snarky arrogant manner will likely keep Newt from the White House as it goes over like a fart in Church

NOPE! WWII was a DECLARED WAR! Therein lies the difference.

Back when Vietnam was going full tilt I was a junior in HS (1970) at this particular time and I saw a clip of an Anti-War protest and the sign said

Who are our Generals in Vietnam
General Motors
General Dynamics
General Electric

Having always been a history buff of sorts I hung out in the Library for study Hall and began to try to find out how much of that sign was accurate as it really hit me. This was one of the things I learned.

On Jan. 17, 1961, President Dwight Eisenhower gave the nation a dire warning about what he described as a threat to democratic government. He called it the military-industrial complex, a formidable union of defense contractors and the armed forces.

Eisenhower, a retired five-star Army general, the man who led the allies including my Uncle on D-Day, made the remarks in his farewell speech from the White House. Eisenhower used the speech to warn about "the immense military establishment" that had joined with "a large arms industry."

Here's an excerpt:

He was right in 1961 and he is right today. With the lottery draft fast approaching I made the decision to refuse induction should it come to that. It didn't as my number was 283 and they took through 89 that year. I would have been a dupe had I gone. Fate had other plans for me and thus began my journey into the world of Individual Freedom & Liberty and rejection of the Interventionist foreign policies brought forth since 1970. Over the decades those views have galvanized.

Maybe we can win our country back? Maybe a 76 year old country Doctor is the answer. The young folks sure think so. Me? Old crabby & Cynical yet hoping against hope that the young 0ones are right and I'm wrong

Truth is Treason in the empire of lies

So your god Ron Paul is a dupe, got it.

So your god Ron Paul is a dupe, got it.

Yepper. An innocent one who eventually figured it out. !962 when he was in the service and 1972 when I was NOT to join & support the Military/Industrial Complex might as well have been a Century instead of a decade in terms of politics, Crony Capitalism,

Most who fight in these undeclared wars in support of "The Generals" mentioned in my prior post are true patriots. The perversion of that noble trait for Empire building is Treasonous

I've little use for the war mongering George W Bush or his dark skinned successor as they have led us to the brink of Economic ruin with outdated interventionist policies.

Back