Nice move Tempe

That's actually kind of deceiving since it doesnt mention how many customers DL will lose and US will gain in the DCA markets. Also note that not all 2 million of those people WOULD have been flying US either since we have such a small presence in NY to begin with. I also cant wait to hear the wonderful stories about how people love the new DL HUB at LGA and how convenient it is to use for connections (when there arent major ATC delays there!)
Also, would you rather be competing for the cheapy fares with AA/B6/DL in New York, or able to get some of those high $ government tickets for flights into DCA? I'm sure there are SOME people paying an arm and a leg to fly LGA-BUF, but overall, I'd expect the revenue to be better in DC with less competition and more of a shot at government traffic. JMO.

US Airways is not going to lose much revenue from these LGA flights, they are almost all RJ's with at least part or most of the revenue generated going to the Regional carrier flying it. The company was losing money on these routes. Normally, RJ's are flown to provide feed for the Major carrier, but in this case, there are really no connections available to mainline except to our hubs, DCA, and BOS. There will be a lot more connecting opportunities at DCA, hence more revenue and profit potential.

If approved, the swap will allow Delta /quotes/comstock/13*!dal/quotes/nls/dal (DAL 12.51, -0.14, -1.11%) to more than double its number of nonstop destinations and add more than a dozen new cities, potentially bringing in more than 2 million additional passengers annually, the airline said. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/delta-air...nk=MW_news_stmp

Replace DL with US and LGA with DCA and the situation will be similar...this IS a GOOD move people.

Delta, unlike another carrier which shall remain nameless, knows how to utilize assets to its best advantage. They will have great success in LGA with their newly acquired slots (assuming the deal is approved.) I doubt they will use these premium slots for RJs and Dash-8s (like another carrier which shall remain nameless has done over the years.)

I used to marvel in the morning at LGA pushing into the alley and seeing Delta's concouse with 3 B767s parked there. I think the smallest mainline aircraft Delta used at LGA was a MD-80. The largest mainline aircraft that the nameless carrier has operated there for many years is an Airbus 321.

That's why Delta is who they are. And the other carrier is what they are.

'nuff said.

We totally blew it in LGA.

I remember US in and out of there with mainline aircraft so full that we gonna pop and sooo blew it by changing over to the RJ's. And this wasn't so many years ago.

This is just the fallout with the company's love affair with the RJ's and subbing out our ops to the commuters. You and I saw it...screamed bloody hell over it...and still made no difference.

The rj are just a way for the compay to squat on the slots and not be directly involve and use them to there advantage

Delta, unlike another carrier which shall remain nameless, knows how to utilize assets to its best advantage. They will have great success in LGA with their newly acquired slots (assuming the deal is approved.) I doubt they will use these premium slots for RJs and Dash-8s (like another carrier which shall remain nameless has done over the years.)

I used to marvel in the morning at LGA pushing into the alley and seeing Delta's concouse with 3 B767s parked there. I think the smallest mainline aircraft Delta used at LGA was a MD-80. The largest mainline aircraft that the nameless carrier has operated there for many years is an Airbus 321.

That's why Delta is who they are. And the other carrier is what they are.

'nuff said.
Isn't the MD-80 the smallest mainline aircraft Delta operates? Capacity wise, the A321 is comparible to the 757.
Are those DL 767's full to their hubs as our A321's are? Marvel away...

US Airways is not going to lose much revenue from these LGA flights, they are almost all RJ's with at least part or most of the revenue generated going to the Regional carrier flying it. The company was losing money on these routes. Normally, RJ's are flown to provide feed for the Major carrier, but in this case, there are really no connections available to mainline except to our hubs, DCA, and BOS. There will be a lot more connecting opportunities at DCA, hence more revenue and profit potential.

You know, I have been waiting for the "big" announcement concerning DCA. For some reason team tempe doesnt seem to have one. They are probabably trying to sell all of the slots to republic or mesa. Heaven forbid they need to add employees on their own and not have to furlough. I swear they seem to enjoy inflicting pain and uncertainty on their employees more than Lorenzo and Ichan combined.

We totally blew it in LGA.

I remember US in and out of there with mainline aircraft so full that we gonna pop and sooo blew it by changing over to the RJ's. And this wasn't so many years ago.

This is just the fallout with the company's love affair with the RJ's and subbing out our ops to the commuters. You and I saw it...screamed bloody hell over it...and still made no difference.

You know this has always puzzled me. Doesn't logic dictate that you fly the largest planes into the largest city in the USA? Even with the perimeter rule there have got to be enough cities to sustain a significant presense

Latest posts