No Dash 8s Will Be Painted

PropPiedmont

Senior
Dec 10, 2003
Our maintenance control has been advised that the Dash 8 paint schedule has been suspended indefinitely. This news comes a few weeks after Steve Farrow, PDT President, sent out a letter stating that due to the fact that we would have two or three spare aircraft until the end of the year, the paint tracks would start in Jan. '06.

Oh well, another summer of the dark blue beast. I hope they decide soon on which and how many Dash 8s they plan on keeping.

Do we have any idea what's in store for PDT? There are definitely markets best served by the Dash's. I am noticing though that Air Wisconsin is taking over some routes.

ISP believe it or not is getting jets in March--2 of 5 or 6 r/t per day will be on CRJ's FINALLY.

Now if only they can give us a CLT flight ANYTHING but PHL.

Then I wish for too much.......

Do we have any idea what's in store for PDT? There are definitely markets best served by the Dash's. I am noticing though that Air Wisconsin is taking over some routes.

ISP believe it or not is getting jets in March--2 of 5 or 6 r/t per day will be on CRJ's FINALLY.

Now if only they can give us a CLT flight ANYTHING but PHL.

Then I wish for too much.......
SBY is getting a second Dash-8 RT non-stop to CLT starting March 5th. Six a day to Phl and 2 a day to CLT. Not bad.

I wonder what they will use for HHH-DCA in the spring, with all the -200's gone. It's too long for a -100 with a full load, don't you think? I did it once 2.2 hrs. on a Dash at FL260!

I wonder what they will use for HHH-DCA in the spring, with all the -200's gone. It's too long for a -100 with a full load, don't you think? I did it once 2.2 hrs. on a Dash at FL260!

I don't think they could take a full load with a -100. The last time we squeezed 37 people on one of those was during the summer with about 8 kids on the plane. We've not done it since.

Some (if not most) of the Dash-8s are in desperate need of new paint. I hate they are pushing it back. I've been looking forward to seeing what the new livery would look like on it. Guess I'll see this time next year. Hopefully. I'm such a fan of those planes and those crews, I hate to see them keep getting the shaft.

Our maintenance control has been advised that the Dash 8 paint schedule has been suspended indefinitely. This news comes a few weeks after Steve Farrow, PDT President, sent out a letter stating that due to the fact that we would have two or three spare aircraft until the end of the year, the paint tracks would start in Jan. '06.

Oh well, another summer of the dark blue beast. I hope they decide soon on which and how many Dash 8s they plan on keeping.

They suck. I say it so often, it loses its meaning. But every time I think they're at a low, they sink lower. They suck.

To clarify, they're getting jets *back*. Markets like ISP and SWF have had plenty of jets in the past, both of the regional and mainline varieties.

HHH wants nothing to do with jets. US will send the Dash 8-100s there. If they can't, they won't run HHH-DCA.

The Q-400 I could see but that dash-8 ugggg. It's like riding on a damn lawmower. The paintjobs never looked good on those a/c in the older dark blue livery anyway. Always looked very flat with no shine. Those poor f/a's that get paid next to nothing to bounce around in one of those all day. NO THANKS. I hope US gets the new Q-400. That would be cool.

Before coming to mainline I worked for Allegheny as a FA based in BWI.
I remember those days fodly flying the Dash8. The first day of my usual 4 day trip was always a breeze! BWI-HVN-BWI-ISP-BWI-AVP! Haha! Sounds bad but wasnt. Quick easy flights with 37 pax at the most. Emlpoyees were always so nice. I miss flying with those great UQ pilots and miss how great the express ground staff in BWI was.
The point of all this is that there really is a market for the Dash8...i seriously hope that they arent done away with.

The point of all this is that there really is a market for the Dash8...i seriously hope that they arent done away with.

There's a *huge* market for the Dash 8, it's a wonderful plane. Trouble is that the idiots who run and who have been running this airline couldn't find that market if you gave them a map.

I thought there was a DASH 8-300 in shop for routine maintaince and paint guess that is now on hold. I always loved the DASH and I will always take the DASH over the ERJ145 and the rest of the MAINLINE JET REPLACEMENTS! I do like the EMB-170 though

I thought there was a DASH 8-300 in shop for routine maintaince and paint guess that is now on hold. I always loved the DASH and I will always take the DASH over the ERJ145 and the rest of the MAINLINE JET REPLACEMENTS! I do like the EMB-170 though

We just had a 300 come out of a heavy check. Why they didn't get it painted while it was off-line is anyones guess.

With 2 spare a/c and soon to be 3 it makes no sense to delay the paint. Like I said earlier, they must not know how many or which Dash 8s will be staying. It wouldn't be very cost effective to paint 5 Dash 8s and then return them to lesors or retire/sell them shortly after.

Why would you paint a fleet of planes that is not slated to be in the "grand plan" after 2007?????????

So no Piedmont, or PSA planes from another thread, will be painted in the new livery.

What is the future of the wholly owned? Are they on the market?

So no Piedmont, or PSA planes from another thread, will be painted in the new livery.

What is the future of the wholly owned? Are they on the market?
Maybe because the PSA planes are still pretty new and it would be a waste to paint them?

Back