No East-West-East transfers for pilots till 2008

phasersonstun2

Veteran
May 1, 2003
After listening to many involved in the integration process including the FAA East, no one will be allowed to transfer east to west or vica versa until everyone in the PHX base is under AQP based training, seniority award and potential fences notwithstanding.

The Feds won't allow any crossing of crews until everyone is AQP, and according to the FAA, the East bases will not return to Part 121.

Since HP AQP training won't begin 'till 2007 and the completion cycle runs out 12-18 months, looks like mid to late 2008 for total AQP integration.

The seniority award will occur around mid 2007. Under this scenario, any potential fences will at least partially run concurrent with the base restriction.

Speculation on your part?

Nowhere is it published or written what you just said. What you didn't say is that LCC will attempt to circumnavigate both contracts by moving flying between East and West as they see fit. And when that doesn't work they will replace East and West flying with RJ's until the cows come home.

Don't believe it? Look at the C concourse in CLT next time you're in town. CLT-PHX in a CRJ. Yeah, that's just how Southwest would run an airline.

pilot

Nowhere is it published or written what you just said. What you didn't say is that LCC will attempt to circumnavigate both contracts by moving flying between East and West as they see fit. And when that doesn't work they will replace East and West flying with RJ's until the cows come home.

Don't believe it? Look at the C concourse in CLT next time you're in town. CLT-PHX in a CRJ. Yeah, that's just how Southwest would run an airline.

pilot

I believe it. And I agree with the "whipsaw" scenario too.

Check the PHL A320 pairings for August. There will be a flight 1254 on USAirways metal from SAN-PHX-PHL.

This is essentially how it worked the last time East merged with West (PSA) back in 1988.

Here we go again.

Nowhere is it published or written what you just said.

pilot

Speculation is a waste of time.

As I stated, the bulk of info comes from LISTENING to others who are in a position to know these things, including the FAA. We are flying some West routes, but what I'm saying is that no pilots will be BASED in each others' bases until the entire airline is AQP. Look for more East pilots to fly new and existing west routes due to the new "B" scale created by certain circumstances.

Look for more East pilots to fly new and existing west routes due to the new "B" scale created by certain circumstances.
The new B scale created is on both sides of ALPA EAST/WEST IT IS YOUR SCOPE.................. < RJ’S > .............

Speculation is a waste of time.

As I stated, the bulk of info comes from LISTENING to others who are in a position to know these things, including the FAA. We are flying some West routes, but what I'm saying is that no pilots will be BASED in each others' bases until the entire airline is AQP. Look for more East pilots to fly new and existing west routes due to the new "B" scale created by certain circumstances.

"Certain circumstances" indeed.

The circumstances you speak of are the result of yellow bellied cowards who refuse to stop the degrading of this profession by the likes of Glass and company. And for the East pilots to even consider flying west routes, much less actually doing it, is further proof of the fact that the cowardice continues to exist in CLT, BOS, DCA, and LGA. Consider the SAN-PHX-PHL pairing mentioned above.

320 and his boys are alive and well and just waiting for antoher deal, any deal, to further "save" the airline.

Listening to "people in the know" and then drawing conclusions from them is still speculation. Although I do agree with your premise. More likely scenario is that these pilot groups may never be merged because of the fact that the East pilots have an ironclad B scale for about another 8 years. Why would Parker and Glass give that up?

Answer: They won't.

pilot

Back