No Fare Increases=lower Wages

kiowa

Advanced
Aug 27, 2002
It's great that our low fares are being taken out of your employee wages but this is getting crazy. I feel sorry for airline employees in general. NWA claims to be in the best financial shape of the majors and yet wants more concessions while refusing to raise fares??? I guess as long as the labor groups vote for it then they must be ok with it. Fear only goes so far but your management has made their intentions clear as in the following quotes.

The airline has not been able to reach agreements with unions representing its flight attendants, mechanics, ground workers and other employees. A federal mediator is taking part in talks between the airline and several unions.

A Northwest spokesman, Kurt Ebenhoch, said the airline would focus first on winning wage and benefit cuts from those unions. Once that is complete, Mr. Ebenhoch said, the airline planned to resume negotiations with its pilots on another round of concessions. Northwest did not specify how much it would seek from each union.

kiowa said:
It's great that our low fares are being taken out of your employee wages but this is getting crazy. I feel sorry for airline employees in general. NWA claims to be in the best financial shape of the majors and yet wants more concessions while refusing to raise fares??? I guess as long as the labor groups vote for it then they must be ok with it. Fear only goes so far but your management has made their intentions clear as in the following quotes.
The airline has not been able to reach agreements with unions representing its flight attendants, mechanics, ground workers and other employees. A federal mediator is taking part in talks between the airline and several unions.

A Northwest spokesman, Kurt Ebenhoch, said the airline would focus first on winning wage and benefit cuts from those unions. Once that is complete, Mr. Ebenhoch said, the airline planned to resume negotiations with its pilots on another round of concessions. Northwest did not specify how much it would seek from each union.
[post="259766"][/post]​
Whats wrong Kiowa nobody willing to be drawn into a pointless debate with you elsewhere? Pot Stirrer! :down: :down:

Back