Non Rev policies after merger?

As near as I can tell from looking at the NRSA charges charts...yes, retirees pay the same as active employees in a given travel priority category (D1/D2). The D3 (aka, buddy pass) people pay the same as D3s for active employees. (Well, I haven't actually confirmed this. Just reading the chart. I know that my D3 flyers--such as, my younger brother--have informed me that I can not retire if it means them losing their travel privileges. :lol:)

Reactions: 1 person
myIDTravel fares for travel between US and AA have been zeroed out, but AA's "minimal" booking fees still remain.
Are we (US/AA) headed for US style zero cost non-reving?

Meanwhile on the US side for about a month now non-revenue boarding passes have been printing time of check-in next to DOH boarding priority. Is this the mark of things to come or a way to help US gate agents process SA5A bretheren and sisteren?

Final Merger Cose Q&A's - Changes for Employees:
20p1xef.jpg

A Message from Elise Eberwein:
5agsg5.jpg

DOH would benefit me, but I still prefer first come and do believe that's how it will end up. JMO

Sorry if this has already been covered, but can someone enlighten us about AA agreements with other carriers for ZED / svc chg / ID90?  There was some talk on an FB page (don't remember where) that they are not as good as those of US.  Supposedly fewer low ZED, mostly medium and high.

Being from HP I really liked the time of check in.  With more seniority now I obviously have a self serving benefit to seniority based.  With that out there, I see a big problem with time of check in that I didn't see before:  web check in.  Back in the AWA days you had to actually get to the airport to check in (or have a friend hook you up, but that's a different story), now you can check in while sitting on the can (gross I know, but it's possible!).  I think time of check in is only viable if check in time is SEVERELY limited (maybe to like 2 or three hours prior), but even then there's issues with thru or connecting passengers.  Seniority (and again I've got an advantage here) is far less prone to abuse or crazy situations other then a senior person waiting to list until the last moment.

Reactions: 3 people
necigrad said:
Being from HP I really liked the time of check in.  With more seniority now I obviously have a self serving benefit to seniority based.  With that out there, I see a big problem with time of check in that I didn't see before:  web check in.  Back in the AWA days you had to actually get to the airport to check in (or have a friend hook you up, but that's a different story), now you can check in while sitting on the can (gross I know, but it's possible!).  I think time of check in is only viable if check in time is SEVERELY limited (maybe to like 2 or three hours prior), but even then there's issues with thru or connecting passengers.  Seniority (and again I've got an advantage here) is far less prone to abuse or crazy situations other then a senior person waiting to list until the last moment.

For consideration:
DOH used for building the standby list online, but must be physically at the airport one hour prior to scheduled departure into keep that place in line on that standby list.  If you haven't "kissed" the airport kiosk at least one hour before, then all those who have completed their airport "kiosk kiss" jump ahead of you.  Using the kiosk would be essential, and agents could not do that "kiss" on their computers.  Caught checking in for someone else?  Buh-bye pass privileges for a while.

Reactions: 2 people
True, but then what about connecting passengers?  To get around that on a tough flight to make, I could fly PHL-SCE, then check in at SCE for SCE-PHL-ORD if the PHL-ORD route was full.  They get to check in earlier then the PHL-ORD people because they're checking in for an earlier flight.  Plus, what about all the people that don't play games?  What about someone going TPA-PHL-SCE?  Should they get to check in earlier?  I've seen some desperate people do desperate things.

necigrad said:
... a senior person waiting to list until the last moment.
I've seen that happen, followed by the senior employee taunting the people getting left behind. The number of people without any class at all in this organization is staggering.

The AA way is a more responsible way for the employees to conduct themselves while utilizing a company benefit. This also helps out our fellow agents to process the passengers that are already waiting to get on. I'm sure I will get opposing views mostly from senior people. I have just under 30 years and you would think I would favor seniority, but I do not.

True, but then what about connecting passengers?  To get around that on a tough flight to make, I could fly PHL-SCE, then check in at SCE for SCE-PHL-ORD if the PHL-ORD route was full.
Well, no. Not under the AA system. The non-rev travel system does not allow a booking of PHL-SCE-PHL-anywhere on the same PNR. Otherwise, DFW would be a total mess because of the destinations within 1 hour of DFW, such as AUS, SAT, OKC, etc. When you add in the AE destinations from DFW it would become even a greater nightmare.

If you book DFW-AUS, you can come back the same day and go on to another destination, but not on the same PNR. And, if you have a different PNR, then you will have a different 24-hr check-in time for the 2nd PNR--i.e., you would not be a through passenger on the continuing flight on return from AUS. And, no you cannot do a one-way to AUS with the AUS-DFW-somewhere else on the other PNR. If you originate at DFW, you have to come back to DFW on the same PNR if same day. There are safeguards in the programming to prevent such gaming of the system. For instance, once you check-in as a D2 (the most common travel status for employees). If you then find out that you are low on the standby list because other people get up earlier and check themselves in at the first opportunity, you can not delete your PNR, then re-list as a D1 to put yourself higher on the list. The system will flag the whole transaction.

And, considering how rapidly the # of available seats can change, do you really want to risk getting to AUS, but not getting back in time to catch your flight to LHR, or not getting back at all? If you don't get on the flight, wouldn't you rather be at "home base" when you find out you ain't goin' today? :lol:

nycbusdriver said:

For consideration:
DOH used for building the standby list online, but must be physically at the airport one hour prior to scheduled departure into keep that place in line on that standby list.  If you haven't "kissed" the airport kiosk at least one hour before, then all those who have completed their airport "kiosk kiss" jump ahead of you.  Using the kiosk would be essential, and agents could not do that "kiss" on their computers.  Caught checking in for someone else?  Buh-bye pass privileges for a while.
A valid point and a good compromise....I would be happy with it as all who show up at the airport are protected from D-60 onward.