Non Rev policies after merger?

New topic, One World Partners. I'm planning a trip to Sydney in the summer, Neither US or AA serve that airport. However QF is a One World Partner. Question is, do partner airlines offer a different interline policy or rate other than ZED?

New topic, One World Partners. I'm planning a trip to Sydney in the summer, Neither US or AA serve that airport. However QF is a One World Partner. Question is, do partner airlines offer a different interline policy or rate other than ZED?

Rates are all ZED. Policy varies from airline to airline in the OneWorld alliance.

Thanks 1AA, I was hoping that One World Partners offered each other a little something extra. Now that I think about it, I don't think STAR gives us anything more since ZED to effect. There was a benefit early on.

Another thought, during the merger with America West, Parker took months to resolve the seniority vs check in time dilima, I suspect he will not have an immidiate answer as to which way this will go until much later. It was also a long time after the merger was annonced as to which IT system was decided upon. He eventually dumpted Sabre in favor of Shares, my gut tells me that Sabre may win this second round with DP, I'm sure that is part of the merger negotiations.

Just FYI, a friend went ZED fare to Australia about 3 years ago on Qantas in coach, though he noticed that there were empty seats in both F/C and Business. He returned on Delta (coach ZED fare as well). Delta upgraded him to First Class as an OAL courtesy!

Another thought, during the merger with America West, Parker took months to resolve the seniority vs check in time dilima, I suspect he will not have an immidiate answer as to which way this will go until much later. It was also a long time after the merger was annonced as to which IT system was decided upon. He eventually dumpted Sabre in favor of Shares, my gut tells me that Sabre may win this second round with DP, I'm sure that is part of the merger negotiations.

Bingo--The IT solution will drive the standby timing. Shares and Sabre perform this very different, and reprogramming either is very expensive. I believe AMR is in the final selection of a new PSS anyway and this could impact or delay the integration of the two systems enabling NRSA travel on the "other" system. With all the other integration and organizational restructuring, I'd be surprised if it is done within the first 18 months unless via some workaround--it won't be seamless. Take retiree travel for example. At AA many don't have AA ID cards with seniority dates as it isn't required. They pay extra for that if they want one. Two different systems, different enrollment methods and verifications methods in place, different billing. My guess is that ultimately you will all like the end result and will mix the best of both, but that will take employee sessions, etc. Maybe a reduced rate ZED in the interim??

Thanks 1AA, I was hoping that One World Partners offered each other a little something extra. Now that I think about it, I don't think STAR gives us anything more since ZED to effect. There was a benefit early on.

Well if seniority issues are going to drag on and both parties have travel benefits then I see a first come first serve like it is now at AA. It is really not that bad. It is all computerized so the only way you get called out of order is if the agent skips you on the list and goes to the next. It has known to happen but not that common. Most AA airports have the standby names posted on the backdrops at the counters. You can see the order of names.

Reactions: 1 person
Well if seniority issues are going to drag on and both parties have travel benefits then I see a first come first serve like it is now at AA. It is really not that bad. It is all computerized so the only way you get called out of order is if the agent skips you on the list and goes to the next. It has known to happen but not that common. Most AA airports have the standby names posted on the backdrops at the counters. You can see the order of names.

I hope we use the American system. First come, first serve is a much fairer system. It will probably come to a vote and American being the new majority, it will be decided by AA and those of us who are former HP and preferred this methodology.

Here are some examples taken from the NRSA travel charges page on the employee computer portal. Be aware airlineforums.com doesn't tab very well so I'm not going to space out the amounts as I normally would. All charges will be listed in F,J,Y (First, Business, Coach) order. If there are only two amounts, there is no J charge associated. Note that all non-rev charges are based on distance traveled. A DFW-ELP trip will cost less than DFW-SEA.

D1/D2 represents employee (active or retired), spouse, children under 18, Domestic Partner, Registered Companion
DFW-ELP-DFW First --- Coach
Under 5 years: $38.22, $22.66
5 or more yrs: $38.22, $0.00
25 or more yrs: $28.16, $0.00
D3 represents friends, non-immediate family members, children over 18. There is only one charge for D3 domestic travelers. They pay the same whether F/C or coach on domestic flights; so, I just go ahead and list them for First in hopes they get it.
$84.56

D1/D2
DFW-LHR-DFW -- First Business Coach
Under 25 years: $513.20, $433.20, $280.60
25 or more yrs: $443.20, $363.20, $174.20
D3
-------------------- $813.20, $663.20, $460.60

I'm fairly sure that when I first started with AA in 2000, employees with 25 or more years flew free in F/C, but it appears from the information on the Jetnet website, they now get a discount, but not free travel except in domestic coach (which everyone gets at 5 years).

WOW!! US is MUCH better! $100.00 to fly F transatlantic or to Hawaii.
I think it should be DOH and retirees go the same as active. I wouldn't object to in uniform flight crew going at a higher priority though as long as they are commuting to/from base.

With AA if your fast on the computer you can be first on the list, once your on the list you know no one senior can walk up at the last minute and bump you
That has happened with surprising frequency to a number of people I know, as well as to me. How does AA deal with people getting rolled over from the previous flight?

Within your travel priority group--i.e., D1, D2, D3, etc.--if you roll over to a later flight, you go on the standby list ahead of people whose original listing is for that later flight. Employee A lists for 7am flight to LGA as a D1, but does not get on the flight. When Emmployee B went to the Non-Rev Travel Planner and saw that the 7am flight was oversold, B listed for the 8am flight as a D1 because there were 15 seats available on the 8am flight.

Once the standby list is rolled from the 7am to the 8am flight A will be listed ahead of B on the standby list. However, if the 7am was seriously oversold, remember that there may also have been revenue passengers denied boarding on the 7am and get rolled to the 8am. They go on the 8am standby list as OS (oversold). OS's go ahead of everyone on the standby list for the 8am.

Employees commuting to/from work get no special position vs employees on leisure non-rev travel. AMR's policy is (and as I understand always has been) that living somewhere other than your base is a personal choice, and no allowances are made for not getting on your flight and/or missing your sign-in. (There may be a special dispensation for pilots at times, but I'm just a flight attendant. We get nada in the way of special treatment.)

WOW!! US is MUCH better! $100.00 to fly F transatlantic or to Hawaii.
I think it should be DOH and retirees go the same as active. I wouldn't object to in uniform flight crew going at a higher priority though as long as they are commuting to/from base.

The prices quoted by Jim include all the governmental taxes and charges, and airport fees. With 25 years seniority, Y international travel is free at AA. The airline gets to keep none of $174.20 he quoted for the DFW-LHR-DFW round trip.

The prices quoted by Jim include all the governmental taxes and charges, and airport fees. With 25 years seniority, Y international travel is free at AA. The airline gets to keep none of $174.20 he quoted for the DFW-LHR-DFW round trip.

But it seems AA gives their employees about the same rate as a ZED low fare for intl travel...which we can get already on a number of airlines.