Northwest enlists bankers to bid on Delta

The title of the article states "NWA enlists bankers to bid on Delta".

If they were basing their whole article off the fact that NW hired Evercore to look at "merger or acquisition", wouldn't it make more sense that NW was actually trying to get into a good position to be acquired. After all, there's lots of benefits to aquiring a company while they're still in bankruptcy.

If they were basing their whole article off the fact that NW hired Evercore to look at "merger or acquisition", wouldn't it make more sense that NW was actually trying to get into a good position to be acquired. After all, there's lots of benefits to aquiring a company while they're still in bankruptcy.
but that's not what the Big Master said in his weekly news adress to the masses. The tone was ... if I remember right "what if" - like in order to 'protect' ourselves in case this situation happens.

And, if it is not to be acquired, I wonder how NWA creditors will feel about them borrowing additional money to go off and buy DL?

I think you are correct!

Northwest's contract with Evercore would give the firm an upfront fee of $275,000, plus $75,000 per month and $3 million should Northwest emerge from bankruptcy. Northwest would pay an additional $2 million if they are acquired or merged with another airline. Based upon the contract, I would assume that they are positioning to be purchased... not to purchase.

But stranger things have happened.

Back