Northwest Out Sourcing

Any Comments about NWA out sourcing 68 cities and F/A's?

I have a lot to say!!!! I am a 28 year employee with NWA. And I am one of the employee's who could lose her job next month. I have worked for NW since I finished college,and I've been a loyal and dedicated employee.

The important thing I want to say is regarding the letter published in the St. Paul Press from a NW employee to Steenland. The question still stands and remains unanswered;

Would Steenland roll back in salary to 1989 levels in order to save the company?

All at NW are awaiting your answer!

Just wait until Cohen goes before the Judge to request an ok for "retention bonus's" for top management in order not to lose any of their "top talent". Read through the USAirways proceeding to see exactly how the script will read..... :down:

Once again Neil Cohen is the director :down: :down:

Just wait until Cohen goes before the Judge to request an ok for "retention bonus's" for top management in order not to lose any of their "top talent". Read through the USAirways proceeding to see exactly how the script will read..... :down:

Once again Neil Cohen is the director :down: :down:

If anyone would care to keep track of all the filings abd claims NWA files in court, refer to this site. Everything is there.

http://www.bsillc.com

I have a lot to say!!!! I am a 28 year employee with NWA. And I am one of the employee's who could lose her job next month. I have worked for NW since I finished college,and I've been a loyal and dedicated employee.

The important thing I want to say is regarding the letter published in the St. Paul Press from a NW employee to Steenland. The question still stands and remains unanswered;

Would Steenland roll back in salary to 1989 levels in order to save the company?

Northwest thanks you for all your 28 years of dedication and loyalty to our airline, but YOU ARE FIRED ,and don't let the door hit you on way out!

Your friendly CEO, Doug Stealin

NWA Counter Lady,

Has a date been announced as to when NWA plans to start its continued outsourcing?

My heart is just breaking for all of the fine employees at NWA who have put up the outrageous antics of management. So horrible, who would have ever believed it?

I fear this is just the beginnning of the end for USA labor. Soon, their won't be any jobs left in the country.

Dea

Dea--

No date yet, but the court hearing to decide wether or not to abrogate the IAM cba's (these cover ramp, CSA's, stock clerks, clerical, reservations and more) start on the 16th of January.

Counter Lady, My heart goes out to you. I have had the oppertunity to talk with many csa's about all this, and I have great sympathy for you. I have seen the miserable way you get treated by the general public, and my hats off to you. God only knows how you keep from strangling some of those dumb SOB's that your forced to deal with. For the record, in most of my encounters with csa's I have been dealt with in a helpful, if not hurried manner.
I believe what will make or break an airline in this very competitive industry, will ultimately be the way in which we treat the public. Costs seem to be leveling across the board, and extra benifits such as meals, etc, are getting as rare as AMFA reps in the hanger. (Ah c'mon, lighten up guys..its a joke!) What will make the difference, I believe, will be you, the csa's, ticket agents, and the flight attendents. They are the "face" of this industry. How good customer service will be under a 3rd party system remains to seen. On one hand, how good will service be if performed by someone who is not an employee of the company he represents? On the other hand, if a person knows his future employment is based on performance rather than seniority, he's much more likely to perform at a higher level. But then again, I'm just a dumb Jarhead with a high school ejication...what the hell do I know?

CSAR,

Did you know NWA management called their F/A's "over-priced vending machines"? That's the kind of respect NWA has for its employees and its customers.

Listen to me, this whole country is on the verge of being outsourced. "Guest" workers will be brought in to do your job because you are too expensive.

It's just a matter of time in "Bush World."

Dea

Dear "Contractor" Csar,PTO,Opus,

We admire how well you have "pencil whipped" our log books for the last four months, but $23/hr+ is too much to pay for replacement mechanics. Since you set the new lower standard by crossing the picketline, we found that we can now outsource all maintenance to China much cheaper. SUN TING WONG aircraft mechanics will be replacing you next week. Once again we thank you for allowing us higher management people enjoy a big bonus for all the money you saved NWA. Oh by the way all the hotel,busing,security bills you incurred will be taken out of your "per diem". STS,AVTECHS,AIRPLANES.etc made this as part of your contract. It's in the very,very,very fine print under your signature.

Your partner in crime, Doug Stealin

This is no joke! The World Trade Organization wants to be able to control the number people the US allows in. Cabotage is around the corner. Soon, "guest" workers will take your jobs unless you will do it cheap enough. Barely scrape by!

Folks, this is really, really scary. It will change the fabric of our great nation!

Dea

This is no joke! The World Trade Organization wants to be able to control the number people the US allows in. Cabotage is around the corner. Soon, "guest" workers will take your jobs unless you will do it cheap enough. Barely scrape by!

Folks, this is really, really scary. It will change the fabric of our great nation!

Dea
Does Elvis still talk to you? Perhaps you should put you aliminum foil hat back on....Just kiddin' there, d....I too am concerned with the ever growing power of the UN. The risk they pose to US soverinty will only continue to grow until we finally get the brass ones to throw the bums out of this country.

Does Elvis still talk to you? Perhaps you should put you aliminum foil hat back on....Just kiddin' there, d....I too am concerned with the ever growing power of the UN. The risk they pose to US soverinty will only continue to grow until we finally get the brass ones to throw the bums out of this country.

CSAR,

I have my hub cap duct taped to my head and the reception is just fine, thanks for asking. And it looked real nice with my ninja robe for New Years Eve, too.
:lol:

But seriously, this country is in for a world of hurt as the middle class disappears. NAFTA hasn't been much of a problem as it's just too much trouble and expense to provide sanitation for the workers. That's why all the work is going to China.

Check it out. Look at the labels on nearly everything you own. Nothing is made in the USA anymore.

The Walton family is wildly rich while their employees are paid so little they qualify for Federal and State benefits!
How is this right? Your tax dollars, my friend, are going to the working poor!

Executive compensation is out of control while the companies they "manage" veer into bankruptcy. More than half the country believes our politicians are corrupt!

While I certainly appreciate the military and the service they provide us, I fear your earned benefits are going to be a victim of a government out of control. Our trade agreements are accruing debt our grandchildren will never be able to pay off!

And no, sadly Elvis hasn't called me lately. I think he must be on the road again.

Dea

CSAR,

Did you know NWA management called their F/A's "over-priced vending machines"? That's the kind of respect NWA has for its employees and its customers.

Listen to me, this whole country is on the verge of being outsourced. "Guest" workers will be brought in to do your job because you are too expensive.

It's just a matter of time in "Bush World."

Dea
I agree with you. Unfortunately it is up to the people to effect the proper change over the Government, and this problem goes back to Bush SR.

Any Comments about NWA out sourcing 68 cities and F/A's?
I may not have been with the company as long as many of the others who post, I can say that be it Northwest or any other company, outsourcing is a major problem for Americans. Having studied economics in depth, I can see both sides of the arguement. Do not think for one moment that just because I crossed the line that what is happening within the company doesn't affect me. I can see why NWA would outsource its Maintenance. If kept within country, I would probably do it myself. Where I draw the line is when it starts going to other countries. This is a major security issue. Having worked a number of Repair stations prior to Northwest, including Pemco in Dothan AL, I can assure you that they are just as dedicated to the end result as the AMFA techs claim to have been.
The painful truth is that the Outsourcing problem for Americans will continue to grow as long as the American people stay silent about it. Not just the Airlines, but all jobs are moving in that direction. Until a way is found to control corporations, this will never end, and it will continue to escalate out of control.
You know what you get when you have alot of Americans owning lots of little pieces of a company for which one individual gets the Lions share of the profits.......AMWAY.

Latest posts