Northwest Out Sourcing

That was a given Kev no brownie points there. His assertion was that it would be a permanent disruption that NWA could only recover from if its veteran mechanics went back to work.

For all intents and purposes, it is a permanent disruption. I've seen no abatement of either delays, MEL's or cancellations yet.

Everybody in the airline mechanic world knew that NWA was training scabs in Arizona. For someone(picketline crossers) to say they didn't know what was going on is B.S. I wish AMFA would have defied the RLA and struck the second the scab training came to light. The second NWA started to train scabs they were in violation of the RLA, which states you must negotiate in good faith. NWA doesn't know what the words good faith mean.

Boy it is amazing how you guys try to rewrite history to cover your beloved unions ball dropping.

Oh PTO, take your personal message and stuff it where the sun don't shine. You should quit scabbing before your life ends. PTO's tombstone will read: Here lies PTO,a NWA scab,destroyer of the middle class,AMT profession wrecker.

My beloved Princess, what have you done to promote the progression of the AMT profession? Do you pay union dues to your pet-folly the TWU? You know the union that made the NWA strike such a success with it concessions of dumping mechanics on the market with nothing to look forward to but recall rights that will never be used by most? You know the one that screwed its members when the TWA'ers stole their jobs? I will be willing to bet that when the next round of concessions come you will be licking your union reps boots.

Where the sun don't shine? I might need some help with that. Do you care to offer your services?

For all intents and purposes, it is a permanent disruption. I've seen no abatement of either delays, MEL's or cancellations yet.

Come on Kev, there has to be some improvement since the beginning of this. Didn't we go below 200 MEL's the other day, again? I realize they were creeping up last week but look at what they are. Some LLM certs., A few lav issues, A bunch of lights, couple of inop APU's, handful of seat problems. What about the AOS stats? I don't think they have ever been so low. Delays? Come on Kev, what percentage of those delays actually goes to maintenance? I watch the Hub Work Control, we call an aircraft in maintenance ready long before departure time and you can watch the clock tick down to zero with no push back. Why is that Kev. What are you guys doing down there on the ramp. Do you guys ever get in a hurry or at least move at a normal pace?

Why don't you guys just do away with the unions here and see how things pan out. You can always call for another card drive. Lets get the riff-raff run out of here and see how company employees work out instead of union members. At the rate things are going you have nothing to lose.

Come on Kev, there has to be some improvement since the beginning of this. Didn't we go below 200 MEL's the other day, again? I realize they were creeping up last week but look at what they are. Some LLM certs., A few lav issues, A bunch of lights, couple of inop APU's, handful of seat problems. What about the AOS stats? I don't think they have ever been so low. Delays? Come on Kev, what percentage of those delays actually goes to maintenance? I watch the Hub Work Control, we call an aircraft in maintenance ready long before departure time and you can watch the clock tick down to zero with no push back. Why is that Kev. What are you guys doing down there on the ramp. Do you guys ever get in a hurry or at least move at a normal pace?

Why don't you guys just do away with the unions here and see how things pan out. You can always call for another card drive. Lets get the riff-raff run out of here and see how company employees work out instead of union members. At the rate things are going you have nothing to lose.

I've seen no improvement over the course of the last few months. The MEL's rarely seem to dip below 260ish, regardless of what they are for. If they're such "minor" things as seat repairs, then why are they not being fixed with a quickness? Speaking of seats & lavs, I am seeing a large increase in those being taped off (almost exclusively in the A319/320).

If you want to compare delay codes (ramp vs. MTX), pick a hub and pull up the delays. I guarantee you yours will outnumber mine by a large percentage; they always do.

What are we doing on the ramp? Our jobs, of course!

One last thing-it's no secret that NW is short ramp help in large #'s (approx. 100 in MSP for example), yet they're convinced they have adequate MTX staffing. What's your excuse for not getting it done?

I'm not to bright am I,Princess? If you watch the news clip you'll note that legally, technically NWA didn't hire "Scabs" they had a shell company do that. The RLA and the rest of the labor laws are stacked against the worker. You're only hope of victory is the court of public opinion.

It doesn't matter whether NWA directly hired the scabs or not. NWA paid the scab vendors for scabs months before an impasse was declared in negotiations. This is a violation of the RLA. NWA failed to,or should I say had no intention, of negotiating in good faith with it's mechanics!

You union people are still bitching about who can rig the sails correctly while the ship is listing and soon to slip below the surface.

Give it up.

The people hired by NWA to do the jobs you didn't want are doing those jobs and not sitting on their lazy asses bitching.

The guys who are working are the winners.

You union guys are the losers.

You finally priced yourselves out of jobs.

With all these so-called skills you have, why don't you all pool your money, if you have any left, and form an aircraft manufacturing company.

Then you can hire the union chiefs to be your executive board of directors.

Then you can try out all your great management skills that you think you have and the NWA management didn't have.

Let me know the name of your new company so I can watch it go down the tubes.

You union people are still bitching about who can rig the sails correctly while the ship is listing and soon to slip below the surface.

Give it up.

The people hired by NWA to do the jobs you didn't want are doing those jobs and not sitting on their lazy asses bitching.

With all these so-called skills you have, why don't you all pool your money, if you have any left, and form an aircraft manufacturing company.

Then you can try out all your great management skills that you think you have and the NWA management didn't have.

How much do you make? Maybe the reason you say others have priced themselves out of a job is that you’re upset that you don't make enough so you lash out. By the way what did those who took jobs at NWA really win? A job at a bankrupt airline with bad labor/management relations, some prize that is.

It doesn't matter whether NWA directly hired the scabs or not. NWA paid the scab vendors for scabs months before an impasse was declared in negotiations. This is a violation of the RLA. NWA failed to,or should I say had no intention, of negotiating in good faith with it's mechanics!

Sorry PTO's Princess, you are wrong. NWA (rightly) had no intentions of being ECOMONICALLY BLACKMAILED by any one work group. In order for negotiations to take place both sides must have the intention to negotiate not one side negotiating and another blackmailing, which is what NWA faced in the past so they decided to deal the deck a little more fairly. NWA is fighting for its survival and it will survive, sans amfa.

Sorry PTO's Princess, you are wrong. NWA (rightly) had no intentions of being ECOMONICALLY BLACKMAILED by any one work group. In order for negotiations to take place both sides must have the intention to negotiate not one side negotiating and another blackmailing, which is what NWA faced in the past so they decided to deal the deck a little more fairly. NWA is fighting for its survival and it will survive, sans amfa.

No Opus, you're wrong. NWA never had any intention of negotiating, in good faith or otherwise. They hired SCAB's, and never budged from their original proposal, even after AMFA put forth a proposal that would have met NWA cost-saving goals.

AMFA has NEVER economically blackmailed NWA. In 2001 they finally got a decent contract after NWA dragged their feet for years. This time around, like every other time, they tried to negotiate in good faith, while NWA didn't negotiate at all, and forced AMFA to go on strike, while their members jobs were stolen.

NWA isn't fighting for their survival, their fighting in a race to the bottom, while the executives line their pockets and prepare their golden parachutes.

What's your excuse for not getting it done?

I think I found an answer to your question. I am going to point the finger at the outstations where aircraft remain over night. Three days ago I picked five aircraft with MEL's and ordered the required parts. I then put the parts in the AOG boxes of each aircraft and updated the logs. So far none of the MEL's have been cleared nor have any of the logs been updated to say such and such was done but problem still exists. Either there is no one there to work the over nights or the vendors simply are not doing the work. What is a good average MEL count anyway? We have been below 200 now numerous times but AMFA only managed to do it once.

Either NWA is going to have to hire directs at some of the outstations or at least have some type of rep there.

Give it up.

The union folks were making a living so that they could provide for their families. NWA never had any intentions on negogiating with the union. That goes against the RLA.
Now you scabs are making wages of the walmart style but better than walmart. All the while mgmt is racking in the big bucks. So when NWA goes out of business or merges with someone, dont look to us on this board for any sympathies

Most do not realize the amount of work an out station produces until they cease to exist. Some of those aircraft may not see overnight maintenance for three or four days with logbooks being stickered just to keep them flying. I'm just guessing during the day you have barely enough time for a daily check let alone clearing MEL's.

What is a good average MEL count anyway? We have been below 200 now numerous times but AMFA only managed to do it once.

AMFA was dealing with MORE aircraft than you, and doing so while flying a LARGER schedule.

Also, the company was reporting its statistical numbers properly, and DID NOT reside at the BOTTOM of the industry when compared to other carriers.

20th out of 20 is NOT a good thing.