Not Enough Money ?

us45366

Aug 24, 2005
I find it interesting that NWA doesn't have enough money to pay it's union employees.....but it ** HAS ** enough money to spend 18 months training and ** PAYING ** those scab workers that they want to put in place...this sounds more like a union-busting move than a financial "viability" move....

You're missing the point. They are paying more in the short term for what they predict will give them a long term cost savings.

MARCO,

US54366 is dead on. NWA has no earthly idea how much this will cost them. Can you say Chapter 11??

us45366 said:
I find it interesting that NWA doesn't have enough money to pay it's union employees.....but it ** HAS ** enough money to spend 18 months training and ** PAYING ** those scab workers that they want to put in place...this sounds more like a union-busting move than a financial "viability" move....
[post="291980"][/post]​

Jack this is a war against AMFA and if you haven’t figured that out yet you are a lost soul. You guys got played like a fiddle.

keeptheodds said:
Jack this is a war against AMFA and if you haven’t figured that out yet you are a lost soul. You guys got played like a fiddle.
[post="292041"][/post]​
No KTO this war is against All UNIONS! :down:

I understand that the "NWA Picture" is to spend a "$1" (on the scabs/training) to save "$10" down the road in employee wages....but there is a waaaaaaaaaay bigger picture going on here than that....it's all about those in positions of power and wealth "regining in" the middle class....and that's what unions are all about.... They enable those who weren't "born" with a silver spoon in their mouths to at least work at a job that gives them enough wages to buy a home...send kids to college..and to provide for their "golden years".... And people of "means" don't want to see that at their "expense".....better to have a bunch of employees working 60 hours a week for $8 and hour and no bennies ....ESPECIALLY if you are a "share-holder" or "upper management"....by keeping costs low...those CEO bonuses "kick in" and those big stock options keeps THEM and the shareholders happy....and it's not just airlines...you better believe the auto industry is watching this thing INTENTLY !!!!......I say....if the airlines can't afford to pay a livable wage....then maybe they/NWA ** NEEDS ** to go under.....and let someone ELSE (with BETTER management) move in to fill the void....becuase it's not about employee wages....GOOD management (like Southwest Airlines) uinderstands the marketplace...and how long term sufficently paid employees produce a MUCH better product than an evil little "fifedom" like NWA.....and you better BELIEVE that EVERY "Legacy Carrier" out there is just DROOLING over a Banckruptcy...It's how you GET around the unions without confronting them (Like NWA)....

Those "Evil-doers" in the Whitehouse had NO BUSINESS letting UNITED stop funding those pensions...they should have just let it go under like Pan Am, Eastern etc/etc... then the marketplace/free-enterprise would have taken over....as it is now...the Republican Admistration has opened "Pandor's Box"....The Genie is out of the bottle...and it won't go back......the retirement/Pension plans in this country are ALL gonna go the way of the DODO....And isn't that what the Republican/weathhy of the country want....Isn't that the current administrations plans for Social Security ???? So.....as you can see...this is MUCH MUCH bigger than NWA....it's all about "the little guys" fighting to keep their "little piece" of the American pie....Funny how the current admistration "stepped in" to help UNITED (by letting them dump pensions", but it's "hands off" when it comes to NWA (which is busting unions)......

From someone who grew up in a "union" family....Grew up when the "Greatest Generation" had unions behind them so they could BECOME ...the Greatest Generation....Just my observation.....

us45366 said:
I understand that the "NWA Picture" is to spend a "$1" (on the scabs/training) to save "$10" down the road in employee wages....but there is a waaaaaaaaaay bigger picture going on here than that....it's all about those in positions of power and wealth "regining in" the middle class....and that's what unions are all about.... They enable those who weren't "born" with a silver spoon in their mouths to at least work at a job that gives them enough wages to buy a home...send kids to college..and to provide for their "golden years".... And people of "means" don't want to see that at their "expense".....better to have a bunch of employees working 60 hours a week for $8 and hour and no bennies ....ESPECIALLY if you are a "share-holder" or "upper management"....by keeping costs low...those CEO bonuses "kick in" and those big stock options keeps THEM and the shareholders happy....and it's not just airlines...you better believe the auto industry is watching this thing INTENTLY !!!!......I say....if the airlines can't afford to pay a livable wage....then maybe they/NWA ** NEEDS ** to go under.....and let someone ELSE (with BETTER management) move in to fill the void....becuase it's not about employee wages....GOOD management (like Southwest Airlines) uinderstands the marketplace...and how long term sufficently paid employees produce a MUCH better product than an evil little "fifedom" like NWA.....and you better BELIEVE that EVERY "Legacy Carrier" out there is just DROOLING over a Banckruptcy...It's how you GET around the unions without confronting them (Like NWA)....

Those "Evil-doers" in the Whitehouse had NO BUSINESS letting UNITED stop funding those pensions...they should have just let it go under like Pan Am, Eastern etc/etc... then the marketplace/free-enterprise would have taken over....as it is now...the Republican Admistration has opened "Pandor's Box"....The Genie is out of the bottle...and it won't go back......the retirement/Pension plans in this country are ALL gonna go the way of the DODO....And isn't that what the Republican/weathhy of the country want....Isn't that the current administrations plans for Social Security ???? So.....as you can see...this is MUCH MUCH bigger than NWA....it's all about "the little guys" fighting to keep their "little piece" of the American pie....Funny how the current admistration "stepped in" to help UNITED (by letting them dump pensions", but it's "hands off" when it comes to NWA (which is busting unions)......

From someone who grew up in a "union" family....Grew up when the "Greatest Generation" had unions behind them so they could BECOME ...the Greatest Generation....Just my observation.....
[post="292141"][/post]​

OK, I'll bite. How do unions "enable those who weren't "born" with a silver spoon in their mouths to at least work at a job that gives them enough wages to buy a home...send kids to college and to provide for their "golden years".

No one in my family has ever been in a union. My mom and dad had $15 dollars to their name when they got married in 1947. They spoke no english and had no college education. I have never been in a union and there are more of 'us' than there are of 'you'. So how have the rest of us survived with out the union?

I know a union can protect the slackers and the incompetent once they are in a union.

We do agree on one thing though. UA should never have been allowed to operate in Ch 11 for 3 years much less be allowed to drop the pension.

us45366 said:
I understand that the "NWA Picture" is to spend a "$1" (on the scabs/training) to save "$10" down the road in employee wages....but there is a waaaaaaaaaay bigger picture going on here than that....it's all about those in positions of power and wealth "regining in" the middle class....

The problem with all of that is because that is the way union use to be. Now they are as greedy as the management that is so detested. Unions once cared about the people and its members. Now they are a bunch of thugs. AMFA has already proved that point. AMFA is broke. Where is the money that has been stolen from those men? I’m sure I read on here somewhere AMFA was 70,000 strong? Last big strike was when 91? That’s what a little over 500 million dollars and they are broke?
I’m sorry but all you union fanatics can go to HELL!

keeptheodds said:
us45366 said:
I understand that the "NWA Picture" is to spend a "$1" (on the scabs/training) to save "$10" down the road in employee wages....but there is a waaaaaaaaaay bigger picture going on here than that....it's all about those in positions of power and wealth "regining in" the middle class....
The problem with all of that is because that is the way union use to be. Now they are as greedy as the management that is so detested. Unions once cared about the people and its members. Now they are a bunch of thugs. AMFA has already proved that point. AMFA is broke. Where is the money that has been stolen from those men? I’m sure I read on here somewhere AMFA was 70,000 strong? Last big strike was when 91? That’s what a little over 500 million dollars and they are broke?
I’m sorry but all you union fanatics can go to HELL!

[post="292231"][/post]​

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

KTO,

Lets talk facts here OK ?

Fact # 1. There "may" be some legitimacy to what you say about unions of old vs unions today !!!

FACT #2. YOU ARE A "SCAB", and that puts you in/on the same level as a CHILD MOLESTER !!! (Kinda makes YOU feel all warm and fuzzy inside, does'nt it.)

NH/BB's

us45366 said:

That's what I've been trying to say -- this is an investment in NW's future.

blah blah blah

[post="292141"][/post]​

So you would rather stay stuck in the past than join the rest of us in the real world?

My wife grew up in a union family. I did not. She has now realized that unions aren't all that they're cracked up to be.

When I visit my relatives, I have to hold my tongue when they rant and rave over evil corporate America while simultaneously b!tching that they can't find a good parking spot at Wal-Mart. Idiots. :rolleyes:

NewHampshire Black Bears said:

KTO,

Fact # 1. There "may" be some legitimacy to what you say about unions of old vs unions today !!!

FACT #2. YOU ARE A "SCAB", and that puts you in/on the same level as a CHILD MOLESTER !!! (Kinda makes YOU feel all warm and fuzzy inside, does'nt it.)

NH/BB's
[post="292238"][/post]​

I am having a hard time coming up with words to reply to this one.

How in God's name can you possibly compare a replacement worker with a child molester? What ... the ... ####!

:down:

NewHampshire Black Bears said:

KTO,

Fact # 1.    There "may" be some legitimacy to what you say about unions of old vs unions today !!!

FACT #2.     YOU ARE A "SCAB", and that puts you in/on the same level as a CHILD MOLESTER  !!!   (Kinda makes YOU feel all warm and fuzzy inside, does'nt it.)

NH/BB's
[post="292238"][/post]​

I felt great when we stormed across the desert during Desert Storm. Just the raw energy alone blasting through you is indescribable, tanks thundering across the land jets screaming across the sky and helicopters beating at the air, hundreds of pieces of equipment and thousands of men ripping across the desert spewing up a dust cloud that could be seen for a hundred or more miles. I went 72 hours on just a couple of hours sleep. I never wavered from the mission. I felt good.

Today as we scabs March into hangars 1,900 strong pulling off the work of 4,500 men, I feel good. It is these men that are holding a union of 70,000 at bay. It is these men that are going to make labor history and bring one of these communists unions down. This union has stolen from the middle class and the poor to make greedy thugs rich. I am going to be part of the movement that brings the mighty AMFA with its thugs and fanatics down. I feel good.

To answer your question NHBB; Yes I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

KTO, Just keep spewing your lies and B.S. Your postings are making many real veterans very angry. (edited). You better lie face down in that scab bus tomorrow and make sure you put a sack over your ugly head (edited).

Latest posts